Thread: help AE86 diff (jig) N.S.W

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default help AE86 diff (jig) N.S.W

hi guys my name is joel im from taree N.S.W just wanted to know does anyone know has a toyota sprinter ae86 diff jig i have a vs diff i want to put in my toyota sprinter and need someone who has a jig for the sprinter diff so i can get it weiled up in N.S.W would be good and to shorten the diff as well any help would be good thanks guys
    my email [email protected]
    my mobile 0424267435

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: help AE86 diff (jig) N.S.W

If you ar going the Borg Warner Path, I suggest you use a R31 pintara diff housing with the 4.11 crown wheel and pinon), matched with a 4 pinon carrier and 28 spline axles from a R31 skyline. This way you get a 28 spline diff with 4.11 gears.

The Vs diff will have a crappy ratio for your car, and will need shortening as you suggest. The pintara housing results in a 1450 wide diff (disc to disc) and really doesnt need shortening (this is dependent of wheel offset or flared guards). To get the skyline/pintara gear is going to be cheaper that shortening housings and axles. VS rear calipers bolt onto the skyline for a slight upgrade and the VS centre may also be used to get the 28 spline carrier.

Roger

hi yes thanks for that dude i got given a vs diff for doing some work for a mate and its already got 28 spline carrier 4.11 gears and lsd and i have vl turbo front disc and im leaving it 5 stud commodore paten ok so still need to find someone who has a jig so they can weld the brackets on the diff for me

hi i have found the guy that made a jig up for my diff 3 years ago so if anyone want a skyline diff or ford diff in a toyota sprinter AE86 or ke70 please add here he needs abit of time as he is moving house so leave your name if your keen to get it done ill give you his name and number when he calls me to let me know he is ready ok thanks