Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Revised Reputation Permissions

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Default Re: Revised Reputation Permissions

My 2c worth.
    I dont mind the rep system, at least for the nice little warm fuzzie when you post something that another member considers useful and then get a touch of rep for it.
    The number on the other hand doesnt matter too much. I think 99% of my rep has come from the C/P/H thread anyway.

As for trading, i quite like the way Farkin does it, where you need X number of reasonable/good posts (its a small number so its fairly easy to check that these first posts are of reasonable quality) and then the user has to apply for classified usage, by writing a 50 word statement basically that they will abide by the rules and be a good boy/girl.
    The mods review the statement and posts and if they meet the criteria then they get approved. If not they go back into the non-trader pool.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice andyjz's Avatar

Micromanagement much?? Why cant i rep someone if i believe that they have done a top notch job in producing a good ride (members rides)?
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMTAMS
    go the screamer!!!!! I just got one and I love it! Quiet when you want it and super loud when you wanna gate a bus stop!
    OLD JZZ20----> http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=50744

I never though id do it... But ive got a 7m. 420.5rwkw@ 21psi

Gangnam style Automotive Encyclopaedia beatle's Avatar

RE: rep in in members rides:
    i have usualy repped everyone i have seen who is building/ doing something stupid/cool, with a 3d gen celica (a6).
    this is because i am only allowed 1 fun car(jza70) (funds are tight in the beatle household, single income 'n kids 'n mortgage y'see) so does this mean i can no longer rep as a modding vicariously (sp?) excersize?
    i realy love the the 3rd gen celica and think (personally) anyone building one that i wish i was, could get rep from myself.

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

Wink Re: Revised Reputation Permissions

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ View Post
    Simon, just wondering is you can moderate out the rep I was given for making a joke and posting a lame picture in this thread earlier... kind of strange that someone would give me rep for that as it is exactly the sort of thing that is talked about as being discouraged as a +rep catalyst (note: not discouraged content... funnies are good, but NOT based on any technical knowledge).
    I repped you for that coz

1. I thought it fit nicely into the whole "rep power on toymods makes you king" discussion
    And
    2. Coz it made me laugh.. I was having a semi shite day, reading all this crap and then saw the pic, which cheered me up.. As it stands right now, I don't see a problem with rep for funnies..

Also- Beatle, I'm with you mate.. I rep people all the time for building something mental or that I like.. Makes them feel good about it maybe and if people give em rep, maybe it encourages em to keep posting pics n updates of their cars..

And I rep people for being good traders, or organising events... It's not buddy or mate rep, it's appreciation rep.. Which is in my mind community minded, but could be considered mate rep... ???

Stomps

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ View Post
    Come one Shane we all know that rep on Toymods means the earth and that you are the king of all
    so what does that make me then?

can I be junior vice president?

on a serious note I am also not fussed as to what happens with the rep system

ive got to renew my club membership (when I get off my arse and send in some forms) so it wont affect my forum access anyway

plus im technically awesome so ill get it all back super quick anyway
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post

plus im technically awesome so ill get it all back super quick anyway
    Nah, matty, you are only awesome on a technicality
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

I'm not too fussed about rep, but do think that the ever spiralling rep and rep power of the entire forum is a problem. I don't know what options are available in the system, but a couple of things which spring to mind are:
    - Rep expiring after a year/month/whatever
    - Losing xx% rep every year/month/whatever

So rep, and rep power will level out at some stable level eventually.

Hen

PS, it'd be nice if people just used rep for what it is designed for, but then again so would world peace...
    PPS, can you automate neg repping for lack of punctuation/sms speak?
    I need a working 4AGE bottom end. Pref smallport GZE, but all others considered. Also complete motors.
    Drift Volvo. Was fun. 2JZ next time.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Hen View Post
    can you automate neg repping for lack of punctuation/sms speak?
    I dream of such techonology.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

I think the rep system should be put back into the members rides threads....a lot of technical infomation is said in these forums and most of which deserves rep....
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Hi,

I dream of such techonology.

seeyuzz
    river
    And if we put rep back into Members Rides then can we just neg rep all of Guiltys posts for this reason?

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

You can always search for their latest posts in the areas where rep is available and apply required rep
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    You can always search for their latest posts in the areas where rep is available and apply required rep
    mods might see this and think you are "buddy repping" if the post you are repping is something inane. You may have to be careful to make sure your rep comment explains the situation so that you dont get a walloping, as from what i understand the mods are going to be coming down hard on buddy repping from now on
    Last edited by trdee; 18-08-2009 at 12:11 AM.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta