Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revised Reputation Permissions

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Default Revised Reputation Permissions

Part of the Forum upgrade includes making the reputation system work the way the board intended.

Reputation is ment to show a new user how "good" (for want of a better word) another users reply is in relation to tech information.

To achieve this, reputation can now only be given in certain sections.

Please use the reputation system as it is ment to be used, and not for buddy rep or lol rep as it currently is.

Everyones reputation will be revised in the next few days in one of 2 ways, either

a) Rep will be removed from the sections where rep can no longer be given

or

b) All rep will go back to 10.

This will depend on the time it takes to remove rep individually. a) will take weeks, b) will take seconds,

Further to this the permissions that you need to qualify for to go from "registered user" to "Priviledged user" (with classifieds access) will also be altered now that the board has an idea of how fast rep can grow. This may be advised once a final decision is made on the parameters for that promotion.

Again - Please use the reputation system wisely. Pos rep for good info, neg rep for bad info or off topic chat and provide a useful comment when pos/neg repping some one. Blank comments may be deleted.

As of Now abuse will not be tolerated and will result in the person who recieved the rep having it removed, and the giver of the rep going back to 10.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Longs to be a Conversion King RObErT_RaTh's Avatar

Default Re: Revised Reputation Permissions

In 'General Car Talk' there are dedicated threads for most groups of toyotas and a lot of the time some VERY useful posts are made within these threads. If people should be getting rep for supplying this information are they now just going to have to post in the tech area and link to the dedicated threads?

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

The rep enabled areas are still under discussion. However the dedecated threads are the main areas where buddy reping occurs.

The current thoughts are: if a question is asked of the dedicated thread. it should be asked in tech and linked to the dedicated thread. this makes searching easier in the future.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

I cant argue with your logic there Simon.
    Perhaps those guys should start up dedicated model specific TECH threads - like my "for the love of a tractor engine" thread was originally intended to be, just full of info for the 18RG.

Glad to see rep system undergoing review, and I personally dont care if it goes back to 10 for everyone.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Hm, in that case ill put in a request to move the MA61 dedicated tech thread to T&C, its in Gen Car atm.

Edit. oh wait it already is, strange.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RObErT_RaTh View Post
    In 'General Car Talk' there are dedicated threads for most groups of toyotas and a lot of the time some VERY useful posts are made within these threads. If people should be getting rep for supplying this information are they now just going to have to post in the tech area and link to the dedicated threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl View Post
    I cant argue with your logic there Simon.
    Perhaps those guys should start up dedicated model specific TECH threads - like my "for the love of a tractor engine" thread was originally intended to be, just full of info for the 18RG.

Glad to see rep system undergoing review, and I personally dont care if it goes back to 10 for everyone.
    I too agree to the separation of dedicated owners threads, possibly into a "dedicated owners discussion" thread in General Car and a "dedicated owners tech" thread in Tech. I subscribe to most topics that I post in anyway, so in the long run it doesn't really matter where the thread sits as long as I can find it once

In removing buddy-rep, I know mine will go down a bit, was on the receiving end of a fair whack from the KE dedicated thread . Still, if it means that rep actually has some significance again, then so be it.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

dedicated discussion and dedicated tech?? bit much innit? could just make a new subforum for dedicated car threads and have the dedicated threads moved into there and all discussion/tech is contained within the one thread for each model. like that all the "general car" threads not worthy of rep can be left in there whilst the dedicated car threads haveb their own subforum which has rep enabled
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

I agree with having a dedicated tech thread sub forum in T&C, that way they are easier to find and hopefully people will look in there before posting new threads.

I think however the Conversions subsection should be pruned back and a lot of the threads shoved into the Members Rides section.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Longs to be a Conversion King RObErT_RaTh's Avatar

The dedicated threads have a lot of good stuff but occassionally from time to time there is a little bit of bollocks and not specific tech so it is a tough call for whoever the decision falls on.

I don't mind keep the the tech area all tech and NO BS because that's what it should be, pure useful information and nothing else. The dedicated threads allow for good information but a slightly more relaxed conversation.

^^2nd that^^
    ST205 Group A Rallye GT-Four 307kw atw @23 psi on 98oct, Now on E85.

1973 TA22

so why not make a "dedicated threads" section separate from general car and tech? then u dont need to worry about rep in general tech anymore whilst the dedicated threads still can, as they are obviously extremely useful
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    so why not make a "dedicated threads" section separate from general car and tech? then u dont need to worry about rep in general tech anymore whilst the dedicated threads still can, as they are obviously extremely useful
    But there also FULL of chit chat and off topic stuff..
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11749
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

yes i know. hence the making of a dedicated car thread subforum rather than moving it into tech. they dont belong in tech, and dont really belong in general car imo. all the threads are there already (KE corollas, Z10/Z20, Adub, St162 etc etc) they just need to be moved over.

just a suggestion anyways

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

if you check the link it was discussed a long time ago.
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

lots of things change in three years...