Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4+6+rotary drag warz WSID 17/12/2005

jetpilot Automotive Encyclopaedia 1JZ.747's Avatar

Default Re: 4+6+rotary drag warz WSID 17/12/2005

well it was a damn hot day, 60deg intake temps, ran a best of 11.1et at 123mph on fresh MT et street radials.

qualified 3rd from 30, only came in behind 2 gtr's one runnning 9.4 and the other 10.4.

won first round elimnator, got knocked out 2nd round after breaking out , drove around the skyline in the other lane and dabbed the brakes a couple of time but broke out by 0.05 to be kicked.

was a good day, nothing broke, car was good, these MT et street radials are showing potential to be better than the BF's, just need to test them when the weather is a lot cooler.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Nice work Shane,
    Obviously i couldn't work anything out with Ray so just have to wait until the next street meet ot try out my ET Streets.

regular fella Conversion King chris davey's Avatar

Nice pics.

Shame the majority of sport compact fans aren't actually interested in watching racing isn't it. Sounded like a good event from what I read on Dragster though.

jetpilot Automotive Encyclopaedia 1JZ.747's Avatar

it was well organised i thought, it was run more like a bracket meeting which is the way it should be.

over the xmas break i will be getting some more weight out i think. maybe go up a jet size, i hear they make a 2000hp jet now.

Fava beans and chianti Backyard Mechanic AE86slut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ.747
    it was well organised i thought, it was run more like a bracket meeting which is the way it should be.
    I agree. I thought it was a fantastic event with heaps of nice cars running quick, the odd accident, and plenty of excitement. And I also agree that it's a shame that the fans aren't actually interested in watching it. There was maybe 1,000 to 2,000 people there ffs. Way to get more of these events at our local

over the xmas break i will be getting some more weight out i think. maybe go up a jet size, i hear they make a 2000hp jet now.
    Sounds right up your alley, Gas Man.