Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bov on 1ggte ? engine doesnt seem to like the bov ! engine dies when bov vents

1GGTE POWER 1st year Apprentice Mahindra1GGTE's Avatar

Default Bov on 1ggte ? engine doesnt seem to like the bov ! engine dies when bov vents

fitted my ssqv bov upto my 1ggte engine today and the engine wants to die once the bov vents. what could be the problem ? need help asap
    77" Mahindra WW2 Style Jeep - 1GGTE - Expected 300hp atw

Teen Re****** Backyard Mechanic SumKid's Avatar

Default Re: Bov on 1ggte ? engine doesnt seem to like the bov ! engine dies when bov vents

I beleive its over fueling, since the maf is before the bov so loses all the air it has already registered. (could be completly wrong though lol)
    Bagged Gs430 Daily
    Ra23 Cruiser

Default Re: Bov on 1ggte ? engine doesnt seem to like the bov ! engine dies when bov vents

its got a AFM, but how do i fix the problem ?

sorry meant afm, stop it venting to atmosphere?, make it vent into after the afm or change to afm-less.
    Bagged Gs430 Daily
    Ra23 Cruiser

Nothing but a filthy Conversion King CELICASUPRA7M's Avatar

plum the output of the bov back into the intake?

its a amos venting ssqv bov, i would perfer to keep it vented to the atmos...

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

You'll need to vent back into the intake after the AFM, convert to MAP (if your engine came as a MAP variant) or go aftermarket ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by TERRA Operative
    convert to MAP (if your engine came as a MAP variant) or go aftermarket ECU.
    Youl need to do one of those then.
    Bagged Gs430 Daily
    Ra23 Cruiser

Junior Member Grease Monkey

mate i had a similar problem with my 1g the bov did not close all the way and the car started to die all i done is cleaned the bov

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

I didn't have the problem with my BOV on my 1g-gte, but It's because it's overfueling, then maybe underfueling as the ECU get's confused. the Apexi SAFC has a feature where it can correct the fueling when the BOV Vents, so you could try install an Apexi SAFC, get it tuned and enable that feature, but I heard it affects cold starts a bit.

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Yeah, it can cause major problems. SAFC might help, as will plumbing it back (the best solution, really) or going aftermarket management.

-RM.

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

As everyone has stated because its a AFM measured car you cant run a atmo venting bov without the stalling problem. Plumb it back in, not only will your engine not stall and run pig fucking rich fouling the plugs every time it activates, you wont look like a wanker with faggy bov noise all the time.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

Weird thing is my 1g never stalled when I had a BOV on, no smoke out of the exhaust aswell.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Toy77's Avatar

Hi mate,

The way the theory work is...

You have an air flow meter - this measures the air heading into your motor. You computer then calculates the amount of fuel required (there are other things that go into the calculation - but not so relevant to our problem).
    The problem comes when you release this air via the blow off valve - the computer still thinks it is there - as it has already measured it - so adds the extra fuel, which causes your engine to run rich, and potentially stall.
    If you run a plumb back and deliver this air back into the system - this is not a problem.

BUT
    I ran a ssqv externally venting blow off valve on my 1g with no issues at all.. but others in the past have had problems.

Cheers
    Stew
    Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines. – Enzo Ferrari

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice MoonSha's Avatar

Since the 1G does not have a bov from the factory, what are you hoping to gain by installing one?