Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Forums Clean Up

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Forums Clean Up

just saying theres no need to ask to be banned because you disagree with someone. to me that's a bit too much "drama queen". theres nothing stopping you from simply logging off for a few days if something really gets to you.

but then you need to wonder why you are taking things so seriously if this is the case. its the fkn internet dude, relax
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

Me ? All of them !

Fuck using my steering wheel as an exercise machine, that's what weights are for !

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4DaDrift
    It was either take a break, or mouth off and not be invited back.

While there are different personalities, people won't necessarily align in their views, yet the club as a general is of interest to me.

Maybe the psychology of it could be described by Draven if you ask him nice enough ?
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Crikey fellas... this thread is for talking about our reasons for cleaning up these forums and why we are doing it - not for people to have a bit of a spit at each other.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

But it's so much more fun this way Riv!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Good day sir/madam

I've moved to a family friendly avatar and will no longer make jokes about the AW11 owners being ghey.

Yours sincerely,

YLD-16L.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    ...and will no longer make jokes about the AW11 owners being ghey.
    And what of the ST-162 owners?

Will you no longer make similar jokes about them?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

c'mon Riv.. you know that's stretching it
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Dear River

Thank you for your reply.

To answer your question, I assumed the 162 owners would be banned as part of the forum clean-up and all their threads deleted - hence did not acknowledge them in my previous post.

If this is not to be the case then I must express my disappointment in such a decision.

Regards,

YLD-16L
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    He may be anti-children but is he anti uterus? or does he take some sick pleasure out of the idea of potentially ripping someone open from the inside if things go even marginally wrong.

I have no issues with abortions, but finding humour in barbaric methods for such is just sick.
    seriously?

nice work all taking it absolutely literally... what if the pic was of an abortion clinic with the same comment? does this make it ok?

i dont give 2 shits about abortion, i think it should be legal, people have the right to do what the fuck ever they want to their body.. but that is for another time...

was just wondering what actually offended people... the picture im guessing...

interesting...

Kristy- thats fair enough.. was just wondering what about it actually offended people... coz neither the image itself of what was said was actually directly offensive.. it was peoples own imaginations that made it offensive..

either way... back to serious business

Stomps

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stomps
    i dont give 2 shits about abortion, i think it should be legal, people have the right to do what the fuck ever they want to their body.. but that is for another time...
    did you even read my post?

dude I feel the same way as you as far as abortion goes, it's personal choice whether people go through with it or not. It's the finding humor in barbaric representation of crude methods there-of which is offensive. A picture of a vacuum cleaner with 'another sucker born every minute' I find less offensive as it does not portray or insinuate any form of bodily mutilation.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stomps
    seriously?

nice work all taking it absolutely literally... what if the pic was of an abortion clinic with the same comment? does this make it ok?

was just wondering what actually offended people... the picture im guessing...

interesting...

Kristy- thats fair enough.. was just wondering what about it actually offended people... coz neither the image itself of what was said was actually directly offensive.. it was peoples own imaginations that made it offensive..

either way... back to serious business

Stomps
    Dude,we are not going to have a freeking referendum on each picture to see which is offensive and which is not. The thread slowly got out of hand and to the point it needed a clean up,if that is then undertaken by one person and the removal of said pics is determined by that one persons opinion then so be it.Who really gives a rats anyway,I mean you see them once and move on.

Its in Toymods best interest to not be totally tech based so dont fret..Shit i wouldnt have hung around over the past 6 years learning everything I have if I was initially faced with full time tech jargon and knob heads trying to assert their mechanical knowledge by being massive ewarriors every time I asked a stupid question.Slowly my mechanical aptitude got better and I have also had the pleasure of making an awesome group of friends who have bent over backwards to help me both with my car and my business and know I will do the same if the need arose if I havent already.

Just chill and let the board put the things inplace to tidy things up a bit,they wont be massive changes and it wont need to be if people have a bit more respect of what this club is all about.

cheers
    Nath
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    did you even read my post?

dude I feel the same way as you as far as abortion goes, it's personal choice whether people go through with it or not. It's the finding humor in barbaric representation of crude methods there-of which is offensive. A picture of a vacuum cleaner with 'another sucker born every minute' I find less offensive as it does not portray or insinuate any form of bodily mutilation.
    sorry dude, i meant taking the picture itself literally.. as in coathanger=only form of abortion...

i just find it funny that there is such an uproar over this.. when a few pages back there was laughter about falcon punch abortions... kicks to the guts as abortions etc...

no issue as long as its in cartoon form i guess... easier for people to make the link when its that blatent i guess..

Stomps

Edit: Nath- i was just curious to what offended people about it.. as per this post..

anyway.. i couldnt really give a fark about what the mods do.. its their job.. so go nuts..

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

yeah, I'm not a fan of the Falcon punch ones either, but what are you going to do...

I actually prefer self censoring, in that if you don't like it, look away, but even that has it's limits. In saying that I still understand where the Board is coming from in terms of tidying this place up a little.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I just like reading a bit of a stir, it's why I enjoyed the PF discussion so much !