Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Remember Me? Login

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Default Re: Remember Me? Login

yeah i was having this problem with youtube. it would give me errors instead of videos.

needed to clear the cookies just for youtube to make it work. But i put on windows 7 so i have all other issues now.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

*hugs IE *

Everybody bags the fuck out of it, but no back breaking issues besides browser hijacks in the 15 happy years I've been using it.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

To be fair though, this is the first annoying that that Firefox has done while I've been using it and I've used it 6-7 years and was using Netscape and Mozilla prior to that. It was a simple fix as well.

IE however is slow to load and had constant freezes with it whenever I was forced to use it.

I have trialed every single version of IE and never found it as good as Firefox for my needs.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I don't disagree with people using Firefox. I think there is definetely a market for it. I just haven't had a reason to change. When I have tried it in the past, I've found the learning curve too steep a price to pay for the minimal benefit it's given me. For a lot of people investing 2-5 hours getting used to a different layout is no issue. For myself, I don't have any issues with IE so investing time discovering something new really isn't worth it for me.

I've been constantly running beta's the last 2-3 years more than I've been used final versions. I'm used to crashes (when they rarely happen ). I've also been using Windows 7 Beta since it was officially released (upgraded to RC1 a couple weeks ago ), so I can't rightly blame IE8 (when it was in beta, and then when it went final I moved to Windows 7).

I'm sure at some times that I've had final versions of both OS and IE running at the same time, but I've also had flaky hardware ! I don't blame any one thing, just my whole system.

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf
    I don't disagree with people using Firefox. I think there is definetely a market for it. I just haven't had a reason to change. When I have tried it in the past, I've found the learning curve too steep a price to pay for the minimal benefit it's given me. For a lot of people investing 2-5 hours getting used to a different layout is no issue. For myself, I don't have any issues with IE so investing time discovering something new really isn't worth it for me.

I've been constantly running beta's the last 2-3 years more than I've been used final versions. I'm used to crashes (when they rarely happen ). I've also been using Windows 7 Beta since it was officially released (upgraded to RC1 a couple weeks ago ), so I can't rightly blame IE8 (when it was in beta, and then when it went final I moved to Windows 7).

I'm sure at some times that I've had final versions of both OS and IE running at the same time, but I've also had flaky hardware ! I don't blame any one thing, just my whole system.
    Whislt I was using a windows based machine, I wouldn't run IE.

I did a test, just browsing forums I always frequent for a week, huge amounts of spyware and adware was found when using IE. Computer had slowed by the end of the week
    Did a reload, exact same setup for the next week. Using firefox though, barely a single thing. No slowing down.
    Kept going for a few more weeks, found the same thing, swapped over to IE, down went the system with in a week (It slowed, not crashed) as well as other issues.

As to the difference.

They both basically have the "Home, next, back" buttons in the same spot, they use the same button to opena new tab, you type links the same, you click the same, the every day use is the same, it si when you want an advanced feature that you need to look harder, and it isn't that much harder, it might take you 5 minutes the first time to find a setting, next time you go to change a setting it'll take you 30 seconds as you've already looked all over the sytem when you went looking for the first setting...

Purely for security reasons I shfited over to IE (Not so much stopping me from being hacked etc, more so the adware exploits.)

but then, I went Linux, and didn't look back since... (Currently posting from an XP machine though, as I can't be bothered setting the other laptop back up after I took it to work 2 weeks ago)
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

I do wonder what versions IE you were using first, and where the hell you were going online that you picked up all that crap ?

I am only now running an anti-vrius program because I'm not the only user on this computer. I very rarely if ever get spyware/adware on this computer, but then I don't download 15 thousand add-ons for my browsing experience.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I use IE8 now and it's good. I just use it for browsing and keep away from loading stupid unknown add-ons or Google/Yahoo/other-crap tool bars and stuff.

But, for "remembering me" I yearn for the Vulcan Mind Meld attachment, which attachs to your head.

Of course, for at least one of us, this is called the "Remeber Me" attachment.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin