Thread: RA60 Front struts on KE30

Junior Member Grease Monkey 78Rolla's Avatar

Default RA60 Front struts on KE30

Does anyone know if the RA60 front struts bolt into the KE30? Do i need to change the control arms/steering arms etc?

I've heard of the RA40 struts with lower control arms go in alright - is there much difference?

The reason I want the RA60 is the vented rotors...Also is the stud pattern and offset the same? Or am i going to need to change the rear axle to make wheels easy???!! Any help guys....thanks.

jzx100 fan boy Domestic Engineer slide86's Avatar

Default Re: RA60 Front struts on KE30

there are several different things to think bout here...

i dont think the upper strut mount will fit into the tower, you may have to use the ke30 one.

have you thought of using xt130 struts. they have bigger brakes and there is also the option then of using the hilux caliper and pug rotor for some serious braking!

go to www.toymods.org.au and use the search function in the forums.

type in "ke30 brake upgrade" and read to your hearts content! plenty there!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    Please visit here, they will have all the answers you need for this "conversion" - www.hot4s.com.au

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

the ra60 struts dont bolt straight in from what i have read around on the internet. I have been researching and trying to decide on this too.

What im thinking about doing for the mean time [before the xt130 hilux/pug setup(struts needs to be shortned and if so i was going to put on some coil-overs)] is use the ra40 struts and get some slotted rotors for it.

Other than these two replacements, you will more than likely go a custom bracket made up for a certain caliper and fit a certain disc which will fit over a ra40 strut setup or ta22 setup.

What you really need to know for sure is how much money you want to spend on the front brake setup and that should be your decider.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

i know there are plenty of brake options out there - and i dont want to do the infamous hilux/pug/corona setup cause its a heavy option...i'd rather take an exsisting strut where the components are suited for each other and modify it to fit the car.

the ra40 were my first choice, but i was looking at the ra60's cause there bigger and come vented as stock. The height of the strut doesnt bother me, cause it can be lowered accordingly. however if the RA60's dont fit, i'll probably have to go with the ra40's and get slottered rotors.

But - i did do a search on the old forums and found a mention of a KE30 with ra60 front struts featured in some magazine...however i dont know how much effort (money) was put into getting it to work!

0402727834 Grease Monkey turbo ke20's Avatar

to do this you will need the ra40 lower control arm or something with the same steering arm that will mate up to the strut. u will have to use your ke30 top and get the lower cup welded on replacing the celica one.
    ive got a set of ra40 stuts with ra65 discs and volvo 4 spot calipers if interested.
    justin

how big are the RA65 discs? did they just bolt onto the RA40 strut? I've read you need the lower control arm and ra40 strut...and i spoke to some guys at the local pedders and they said if i grab the whole ra60 strut and my exsisting ke30 struts, they can change over the top spring cap, top plate etc and it should fit.

Does anyone know if the RA40 struts are interchangable with the RA60? - if so, i couldn't imagine not being able to use the RA60 strut with the RA40 control arm with some slight mods...