Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: possible to restrict number of posts?

Junior Member Grease Monkey Mr.Phreak's Avatar

Default Re: possible to restrict number of posts?

Quote Originally Posted by -=DV=-
    oh wow OC...a neg rep...how mature of you. honestly man, every member of the club, or forum i know personally have told me you are one of the main reasons they either will not become a financial member...or will not be renewing their membership.
    your attitude is costing this club money....just something to think about.
    Seems like a bit of an overreaction, especially when there is a perfectly good Ignore list in your User CP, then you'll never have to read OC's posts unless you choose to

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

every member of the club, or forum i know personally have told me you are one of the main reasons they either will not become a financial member...or will not be renewing their membership.
    your attitude is costing this club money....just something to think about.
    if that is true, and they actually were thinking of joining the club, i apologise.
    send me their names in a PM and i will apologise to them also.

i guess the problem for me is that the club means a lot to me, and some people i see trying to do damage to the club irk me somewhat

I'll try to increase my tolerance (or ignore list )

edit: i'm kidding about the ignore list.....
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

this is a fairly social forum.....kinda like everybody knows everybody.....the tech talk is not just limited to the forum, but when you get together with other forum members.....wether it be on MSN, facebook, or in person.......

limiting posts/whoring is just going to slow the forum.......you do get some information outa the whores ......it just takes a lil longer.

i agree some of them are useless with tech talk......but there like the class clowns, good for a laugh,. and good to have around!

cheers, Blake

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by trdee
    if we REALLY need more server space, the mosr effective and least intrusive solution would be to delete old threads in non-car. there are 70 pages worth of threads in there and i doubt any more than 20 threads are actually still live. surely that would free up enough of said precious server space to keep everyone happy? although i havent actually heard the mods saying we need to cut down on posts due to a lack of server space anyway.......
    We have plenty of space. The new server we are on holds more data than the combined super computers of NASA, CIA and NSA combined.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

And Tom will still manage to fill it up.....

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

We have plenty of space. The new server we are on holds more data than the combined super computers of NASA, CIA and NSA combined.

seeyuzz
    river
    then this thread is pretty much pointless, and can be closed? after all we dont want it filling up any more space with random spam
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    PM?
    i wonder how you jumped from this

to this

how does andy agreeing with me damage the social aspect of the club? (apart from causing the world to end etc)

were you trying to insinuate i had sent you some PM regarding the social aspect of the club? or are you just making up BS?
    I'll allow everyone to see everything that hasbeen said between the PMs:

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    ahh you're an idiot

Andy posted, Re BTS

u shouldn't have said shit in the first place, and i hope u have learned a lesson from this.
    so now you hate andy too?
    Why would I hate Andy? Where have I ever said I hated anyone from around here?

And I know what Andy posted, I read what Andy posted, but for gods sake, if the king were drunk and he drunkenly, even if sarcastically said you could fondle the queen if you so wish, would you be stupid enough to do it, even if you're drunk?

And removing the non-tech area, will just destroy the club more, It is already struggling as has been reported by the club, on the social scene. So why kill the social area even more?
    As you can see, I didn't say the agreement is causing a social end, I said if you stop the social side (IE, Non car discussion) you'll be driving people. Can you not see that? The non car section is the light hearted, have a chuckle, as everyone would do when out on a cruise/BBQ.
    Or should topic of conversation when on cruises be limited purely to technical talks on cars and things mechanical as well? Are we not allowed to share a joke, a funny picture?
    And before you go "But people get offended" I'm sure someone has been offended somewhat by a joke told at a cruise or something also...

For someone who loves the club so much, you're attempting to destroy its social aspect.

Edit: Resting my case here, and I will not be replying. As per usual you attempt to force everyone around on to your view point, even on morals/ethics. IE, you don't even attempt to see it the way someone else does.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

cruisin in a z30 Automotive Encyclopaedia -=DV=-'s Avatar

a car club is an organization that is designed to bring people with similar interests together to SOCIALIZE, a car club is a SOCIAL thing. a car club is not just a source of information and cheap parts. its a way to meet people that enjoy the same things as you, and get to know them. next will you be insisting that all club cruises and events be cancelled because they are social events, and take up too much time that could be spent compiling a database of technical facts?

according to the picture in the top right of the forum...this organization is called TOYMODS CAR CLUB...and not toymods wiki of toyota related facts. removing the social aspect of a car club is just...well thats like a company that makes only toilet paper announcing that they will no longer make toilet paper, or offer any service at all...but somehow intend keep making money.
    Last edited by -=DV=-; 26-05-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    JZZ30 Soarer

wow....only one toyota now, at one point i owned 6....whats happened to me :S

if that is true, and they actually were thinking of joining the club, i apologise.
    send me their names in a PM and i will apologise to them also.

i guess the problem for me is that the club means a lot to me, and some people i see trying to do damage to the club irk me somewhat

I'll try to increase my tolerance (or ignore list )

edit: i'm kidding about the ignore list.....

you can start with winnieman, he couldnt even reply to queries in his OWN for sale thread because of the way u kept rep bashing him like a 9 year old.
    JZZ30 Soarer

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

why not limit the amount of times people can log in to the forums aswell while we are at it??

(had to say it, coz that seemed like the next illogical step)
    Current: 94 jzs147 aristo, 92 ep82gt starlet
    Prev: ma61, gz20, jza70, uzz31, ncp10r, 92 sw20r
    And the winner of the big car race is......HOT ROD ZOIDBERG!

we could limit howmany browser tabs you can view the forum at one time with...i currently have 3 tabs open reading different threads. should i be banned for this?
    JZZ30 Soarer

we could limit howmany browser tabs you can view the forum at one time with...i currently have 3 tabs open reading different threads. should i be banned for this?
    We could also go back to the old server... That'd slow people down...
    My Dead Supra...
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    I'll allow everyone to see everything that hasbeen said between the PMs:
    just logged in to mention.

i never got your PM.

either you can't receive PM's from people on your ignore list it seems, so i had no idea you even sent a PM...
    or, you never sent a PM at all
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

on a different note, people should get over the ignore list, i try to get along with all of yas, even if i dont, i dont slap you on the ignore list, who knows you may be the only person able to help me one day and if your on the ignore list, well i screwd!!

ignore list=banned!
    Current: 94 jzs147 aristo, 92 ep82gt starlet
    Prev: ma61, gz20, jza70, uzz31, ncp10r, 92 sw20r
    And the winner of the big car race is......HOT ROD ZOIDBERG!

Quote Originally Posted by woggin
    on a different note, people should get over the ignore list, i try to get along with all of yas, even if i dont, i dont slap you on the ignore list, who knows you may be the only person able to help me one day and if your on the ignore list, well i screwd!!

ignore list=banned!
    That's exactly how I see it.

OC, I'll take a print screen if you'd like confirmation that that PM is in my sent list...
    My Dead Supra...