Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: possible to restrict number of posts?

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: possible to restrict number of posts?

Hi,

We can't admin all threads all the time, and we do depend upon the greater Toymods community to report any posts they find distasteful. From there we can go in and check it out.

If the post is offensive and is deleted, I always put in a post as to why it was deleted.

If a post was deemed okay, then I PM the person who reported the post of the decision and why.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    all fair points (from those not on ignore )
    I was enquiring as to if it was easy. adding more administrative overhead is never a good idea.

I guess it comes down to how "family friendly" toymods intends to be? or not?
    Family friendly?
    So you're insinuating that these people that are posting in the non tech area are posting stuff that would violate the toymods guidelines?
    Then why not straight out report it? Oh wait, it's just that everyone is sick and tired of you bitching about each and every persons post they make, and why everyone else is wrong and you're always right.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    ... and why everyone else is wrong and you're always right.
    please give an example?

are you referring to the somewhat humourous episodes recently where the same behaviour is posted in both WPMO and WMMH threads?

I'm sure there are forums around more appropriate for boasting about how many random chicks you bang
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

please give an example?

are you referring to the somewhat humourous episodes recently where the same behaviour is posted in both WPMO and WMMH threads?

I'm sure there are forums around more appropriate for boasting about how many random chicks you bang
    Everysingle thread you basically post in in the Non Car area.
    IE: What happened to BTS and his missus etc. No matter HOW drunk a guy or girl is, you still know, no matter what they actually say, that one of the worlds DUMBEST things to do would be to touch someone elses partner.

Just all your shit.

Other wise, list which people you think don't deserve the right to post more then once a day in this section. And why. Then evidence it too.
    My Dead Supra...
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Other wise, list which people you think don't deserve the right to post more then once a day in this section. And why. Then evidence it too.
    who?
    EVERYONE
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

cruisin in a z30 Automotive Encyclopaedia -=DV=-'s Avatar

d

perhaps there could be a "cost" of rep to post in the non-car areas.. ie X number of posts = Y number of rep points removed

the danger is always that those posting shite will move to the useful areas and make them crap also.
    in that way, the current system works, as they rarely seem to venture to the useful sections of the forum anyway
    maybe it doesn't need to be changed?
    it seems OC has his period again..just ignore him for a few days and he will go back to the cuddly rep earning machine he usually is.

love u OC
    JZZ30 Soarer

wow....only one toyota now, at one point i owned 6....whats happened to me :S

who?
    EVERYONE
    As in that PM, you want to restrict the social aspect of a club, that has had reports of social drop offs already?
    Are you intending to cripple the club until it is nothing left, not even a technical, nothing anymore bar a memory?
    My Dead Supra...

PM?
    i wonder how you jumped from this
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas in a PM to KY
    ahh you're an idiot
    Andy posted, Re BTS
    u shouldn't have said shit in the first place, and i hope u have learned a lesson from this.
    so now you hate andy too?
    to this
    As in that PM, you want to restrict the social aspect of a club, that has had reports of social drop offs already?
    Are you intending to cripple the club until it is nothing left, not even a technical, nothing anymore bar a memory?
    how does andy agreeing with me damage the social aspect of the club? (apart from causing the world to end etc)

were you trying to insinuate i had sent you some PM regarding the social aspect of the club? or are you just making up BS?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

we dont care about your bitchfight dudes, keep it to pms
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

cruisin in a z30 Automotive Encyclopaedia -=DV=-'s Avatar

oh wow OC...a neg rep...how mature of you. honestly man, every member of the club, or forum i know personally have told me you are one of the main reasons they either will not become a financial member...or will not be renewing their membership.
    your attitude is costing this club money....just something to think about.
    JZZ30 Soarer

wow....only one toyota now, at one point i owned 6....whats happened to me :S

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

what about sub-sections of the non car discussion area?
    drivel: the sort of crap like the black frames thread, WPYO thread, what you are doing with your ruddollar etc.
    non car useful stuff: how do i set up my stereo, how do i fix my pc, how do i strengthen my deck etc.

the thread can be suggested to be moved accordingly if it is in the wrong section

a couple sort of could fit in both because the thread might contain some useful stuff (home improvements thread for instance could be both but there is useful stuff in there for people to read)

the drivel section would NOT have rep associated to it (not that it would matter as a person could just be repped from a non drivel post to make up for it).

The drivel section could be locked to paying members (yes i am reading the other thread about the membership being a joke at the same time).

I understand what OC is saying, you could see a conversation progressing in certain threads in Non car discussion that serve no purpose other than to take up space. so a restriction on number of posts still seems valid. Equally i would love to see what everyones rep was like if it didn't come from non car discussion, or at least to see the percentage ratio of how much came from non car discussion. I am happy to post in the non car area but i equally accept that even if it is a useful post, i shouldn't really get rep for it. i understand this is a technical forum and the rep i earn should be for technical car related stuff, so even a simple disclaimer to explain that to people rep is not granted in this section should at least be enough to allow them to know.

corollamanic Backyard Mechanic

it's this sort of interpersonal attack that pisses people off.

why join a club that attacks it's own members?

same as religion. why join a church full of hypocrites?

AGE-16V Automotive Encyclopaedia Dimmy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -=DV=-
    oh wow OC...a neg rep...how mature of you. honestly man, every member of the club, or forum i know personally have told me you are one of the main reasons they either will not become a financial member...or will not be renewing their membership.
    your attitude is costing this club money....just something to think about.
    I have heard the same of a few people on here, it's not that uncommon. Then again most forums would have this kind of issue.

Aside from that, i think what you're forgetting is that as river said. This forum is run by volunteers who are not paid and do this in their spare time. I think it'd be unreasonable for them to go through all the sections of the forum and have to decide where a thread should be placed if it's in the wrong section because we want to micro manage a forum with >10000users.

Leave it as is and harden up. If you have personal issues with someone take it to PM, MSN or meet up and go on a date rather than this keyboard warrior crap.
    I have been pruned by old man river!!!!!

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

if we REALLY need more server space, the mosr effective and least intrusive solution would be to delete old threads in non-car. there are 70 pages worth of threads in there and i doubt any more than 20 threads are actually still live. surely that would free up enough of said precious server space to keep everyone happy? although i havent actually heard the mods saying we need to cut down on posts due to a lack of server space anyway.......
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

I can't see how OC being the way he is would make people not become a finnacial member, he is a rep earning machine for a reason, he is one of the smartest guys on here!

Just because a few people don't share his common intrest or thoughts shouldn't mean they don't join, that's stupid.

Put that aside and do the club a favour and join! Don't be girls!
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?