Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is membership a Joke

Wirysage Conversion King wirysage's Avatar

Default Is membership a Joke

Hey,
    Guys seriously I'm starting to think membership is a Joke I sent my $55 dollars away ages ago extra 5 for another sticker. Infact at least 2 and a half months ago now. I waited a long few weeks and then decided to PM Kirsty2520 to see if she received my money order and the form and she replied a week and a half later on the 22-4-2009 she stated she had received my order and that she had to wait another week before the T-shirt orders come in before she could send it ok so I wait..... 7-05-2009 now I'm starting to get annoyed it has'nt come and I have no update on the orders progress. I pm'ed her again saying look can she just send the membership pack without the T-Shirt and that I'll worry about getting it later. Anyway no response and now its the 16-5-09 with no response. I check her profile and she has'nt be on since the 5-5-2009. Has my money been taken to pay for bills for someones household seriously. All this time I haven't even had my account activated to go in the members section of the forums or anything nothing had changed. Also the toymods car club membership runs the full year so when I lodged my application my months as member before I renew are being fritted away. This is my 3rd complaint thread the last 2 have been polite I apologize for my conduct. But I have never in my life had to haggle and badger so much to get something done in a transaction I mean How difficult is it to Join a CLUB! I appricate the admins are busy activating peoples accounts but I must insist should not paying members accounts be activated above the general population? I await your reply I don't want my money back I want my account activated and my membership pack! Please
    Josh
    Last edited by TheToyman75; 10-08-2009 at 11:20 AM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Is membership a Joke

Last edited by oldcorollas; 16-05-2009 at 11:01 PM.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

i dont really think thats the point stew
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

i get his point.. but he already posted a thread, already got a response from River..
    i dunno, maybe Kirsty is busy with stuff?
    paragraphs would have been a nice touch...
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

7M-BHGE Automotive Encyclopaedia

I dont think you can say that you have to go to a meeting to rectify a problem as important as this. It's an Australian club isnt it? And the meetings are probably only in Sydney (i guess) so people have to travel the country?

If you cant offer a product, dont take peoples money.

You have paid for your membership, which is largely the support the forums i guess, so whine away and have a whinge cause you have paid for it.

my 2c...
    Quote Originally Posted by skiddz
    deodorised fish oil = winnnaaaaaa, goodness of teh fishz but with out the smellz

it is a NSW club, predominantly Sydney.
    product =/ membership..

have a whinge, get your money back

but hey, it's not like i give a shit

toyota-less Carport Converter skiddz's Avatar

he just wants a freakin sticker, i havent seen an informative, useful, or even tom style post by mr sage, only i want a sticker, gimme my sticker, where the fuck is my sticker..... *STOP.....tantrum time*
    2T out 4A in....

4A out 3VZ in. 3vzfe rebuild, RWD-ising, and conversion for ta22

Wirysage Conversion King wirysage's Avatar

Look I left profanity out of my post skiddz and I don't want my money back. I just like to know the state of my order. Clearly I have decided a shock factor post might get the message through that I don't like being kept in the dark about such things. This ain't like a $5 or 20 dollar purchase it's 50 bucks, That is an entire shifts pay for me. If you look at the other posts on the forum largly I keep to myself and are'nt a nuisance most of the time. Just please encourage kirsty to visit toymods for 5 minutes once a week and check her Pm's I'm not asking much.

toyota-less Carport Converter skiddz's Avatar

its 50 bucks man, harden up, its not as though they are gonna short change you, when the time presents itself kirsty will send you your precious stickers and that sort of stuff, pretty sure running the forum is a part time thing for all of the board members
    2T out 4A in....

4A out 3VZ in. 3vzfe rebuild, RWD-ising, and conversion for ta22

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wirysage
    Just please encourage kirsty to visit toymods for 5 minutes once a week and check her Pm's I'm not asking much.
    Kirtsy spends hours going through all of the applications each week, getting to her PMs take a shit load longer than 5 mins...

She's probably away, and she does have 3 kids to look after as well (Rod included)!

Give it a chance and it will happen.
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Quote Originally Posted by wirysage
    This ain't like a $5 or 20 dollar purchase it's 50 bucks,
    . If you look at the other posts on the forum largly I keep to myself and are'nt a nuisance most of the time..
    it is not a purchase.

hmm, except when trying to sell stuff without rep. (isn't that what prompted you to apply for membership in the first place?)
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 16-05-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

I dont know what this bloke's motives were for joining the club and I don't really care.

He has paid for a membership and hasnt received his entitlements, end of story. I take it on-board that he has created multiple threads on the same issue, but given the timelines and number of PMs apparently sent, I can't blame him.

As a former board member I fully understand the demands placed on those who take on the positions and empathise, but the fact remains that if a club is going to solicit for new members then there's a basic duty of care to ensure that the commitments to said new members are kept, or worst case that they are given timely updates on any delays,

I dont understand why the poor guy has been given a rep bashing either, Ive given him back as many points as I could. Unless I'm missing something it's not unreasonable to expect that membership entitlements be rendered to someone within 3 months or at least PMs regarding the state of play with membership items and status be sent back in a timely fashion.

My final comment is that this doesn't seem to be a isolated incident. I appreciate that members of the board have been proactive in creating a thread trying to identify those who havent received membership entitlements, but the follow-through on this doesnt seem to be there.

Stu - Whilst I respect you greatly for your knowledge and contributions, I cant agree with your stance here. Are you suggesting that responsibility lies with the new member to attend a meeting in order ensure membership or that if he hadnt joined up solely to have access to the classifieds (your position, not mine) that his membership would have been processed more expediently?
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Old Skool Enthusiast Domestic Engineer GeneSPIDA's Avatar

Whilst I appreciate the people involved in running Toymods do it on a part-time basis, etc. there is an onus to process people's money in a reasonable timeframe. If the guy's had to wait 2 and a half months, hasn't had his online status updated to reflect this, or received the pack (I can understand that taking time though), I can understand his frustration and subsequent post.

This is the Membership and Feedback forum, and surely he has the right to provide feedback/complain. Instead, he's been jumped on by some people who are obviously friends of those running the club basically telling him to stop whining.

$50 membership is significant (especially to some people) and "bashing" them for reasonable complaint/feedback for slow processing, in my opinion, is unfair and uncalled for.

I'd like to think if someone's paid their money to contribute to this, at a minimum, their online status should be updated well within 2 and a half months, if that's the case.

That's my 2c, and it doesn't seem a good way to treat someone who has decided to put their money into the group to me.
    SPIDA - 1974 TA22 Celica (2TGEU 1600cc with Garrett GT25 320HP turbo) Dyno - 168.9HP at 10PSI, 14.8 sec quarter (so far)

TECCWA Member | Drag Run Videos

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

2 and a half months is way too long to wait, he paid $50, and he has got nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe?
    Are you suggesting that responsibility lies with the new member to attend a meeting in order ensure membership or that if he hadnt joined up solely to have access to the classifieds (your position, not mine) that his membership would have been processed more expediently?
    wtf?

no (and i deleted it now but anyway).
    i was suggesting it would be easier to pick up his T-shirt from a meeting, rather than waiting for people to get around to posting it.
    I know it can be hard to get around to organising shit to post, especially if you have 10's or hundreds of things... pick up is far easier for both parties...

nothing to do with expediency of membership approval or access to forum sections.

edit btw, he has gained 34 rep points comared to when he started the thread