Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation "1jz" it begins.. 56k warning..

Junior Member Grease Monkey BEVANI's Avatar

Default Re: Operation "1jz" it begins.. 56k warning..

ok... from where ???? lol

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bigmat's Avatar

bunnings sells it. powder form. where gloves and keep away from skin. rinse with vinegar after you use then water

caustic is alkaline
    vinegar is acidic
    so they will neutral out each other and flush with water

cheers mat

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bigmat's Avatar

should mention warm up the piece your going to caustic first fairly warm oven or bbq to get best results and leave caustic on for 5-10 min before scrubbing of

mat

ok so i got the sump clean wit a bit of oven cleaner and some heavy elbow grease.. then i remembered the oil pickup didnt look so good so out wit the grinder to have a look inside..
    its not pretty..

nehoo i had the old mid sump pickup and it was in perfect condition so out with the grinder again and enter the mig..

it doesnt look that good but its sealed and is gonna do the job... beats payin 80 bucks for a new one

ok so im a lil stuck on the whole fuel side of things.... im going to run a external fuel pump.. but wat size?(lph) do i need aftermarket fuel pressure reg? rising rate fuel pressure reg?... *anything i have missed* what options do i have and what will suit it best?
    cheers
    bevani

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

i think there was talk of a bosch 044 or something like that, im not sure... my car apparently has one, but could also be a fakey (was bought from ebay)

also id like to know what you're planning in the way of car audio... pm me if you dont want to post it here... if you're getting some pods fabbed, im interested!

Longs to be a Conversion King RObErT_RaTh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdorman View Post
    i think there was talk of a bosch 044 or something like that, im not sure... my car apparently has one, but could also be a fakey (was bought from ebay)
    Car has a walbro not a bosch

Quote Originally Posted by rdorman View Post

also id like to know what you're planning in the way of car audio... pm me if you dont want to post it here... if you're getting some pods fabbed, im interested!

im building full custom boot setup 2x alpine 12in wit alpine mono block amp, fusion cap, rockford forsgate 6in 2way in the rear and alpine type E components up front, jvc head deck(mp3 dvd etc) and 7 in monitor.... i fab everything myself... im in the middle of building the sub box(fibreglass) and everything in between but since i started on the 1j conversion that has come to a halt(for now) but just to give you a peek of where im up to there is this...

more has been done but its the only photo i got atm enjoy

so back on topic... can anyone tell me wtf this is? i know it is related to the heating/cooling side of things but what does it actually do??? im not running aircon in this car only the heating for the winter months so i need to know if i have to keep it or can i scrap it and just bypass it

cheeers
    bevani

a picture would help hey

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Thats the heater valve, you need that for the heater.
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

sweet, that solves that problem.

good news is my engine mounts ive been waiting on(wilbo style) arrive either today or tomoro so il be throwing the motor into its new home for the first time this weekend. ill take happy snaps as i go and see what problems arise from there.

GRRR.... engine mounts got pushed backa week due to short staff at the fabricators... not happy jan.... but i scored a flywheel off one of my mechanic mates 200bucks + fully machined... win... execpt for the engine mounts... pita lol

i suffer from A.D.O.S... attention deffi... OH LOOK SHINY!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by BEVANI View Post
    im building full custom boot setup 2x alpine 12in wit alpine mono block amp, fusion cap, rockford forsgate 6in 2way in the rear and alpine type E components up front, jvc head deck(mp3 dvd etc) and 7 in monitor.... i fab everything myself... im in the middle of building the sub box(fibreglass) and everything in between but since i started on the 1j conversion that has come to a halt(for now) but just to give you a peek of where im up to there is this...

[IMGImage007.jpg[/IMG]

[IMGsidesub.jpg[/IMG]

more has been done but its the only photo i got atm enjoy
    thats heaps sweet, pretty much exactly what i want to do, but i want my sub to be behind the seat, and and amp under the false floor.

do you have a plan for the size of the piece of mdf you cut out, including curves?mine was just trial and error, and i screwed it. going to use the wood for the pods now

so far ive got an alpine 9882Ri, jaycar 4x100w amp, orion hcca 6.5" splits, and a couple of sub choices...

i actually used the carpet out of the boot... layed it out over the mdf and drew a line around it... take into consideration that it will be different in design as the false floor come up higher in the boot

back to the build...

these puppies finally arrived today... 200 bucks, local built.... wilbo style... win

saturday... first test fit of the engine... pics to come!