Thread: beams 3sge in ae92

Junior Member Grease Monkey bje10s's Avatar

Default beams 3sge in ae92

hey guys just wondering if this is possible? ive put a 20valve in it now but it needs a new water pump, timing belt, cv's, clutch and gearbox, all of which together will cost more than the 3s beams so thinking of getting the extra capacity and power of a 2.oL

i know thay put the 3sgte in the ae82 but will the n/a 3s fit?? also what kind of custom work will i need to do? custom cvs????

Any info, links or comments are much loved =)
    "If god intended hondas to go fast, he would have given them turbos"

Junior Member Carport Converter Billzilla's Avatar

Default Re: beams 3sge in ae92

I know they fit into an AE-101, because I've seen one in Mayalsia. So a good chance it'll go into an AE-92 as well I'd say.
    www.billzilla.org
    Toymods founding member #3

Cunning Linguist Domestic Engineer The Last Streetfighter's Avatar

Yeah, I've seen 3sgte's in AE92 before. If you get a beams FWD 3sge it should fit.
    AE90 Silvertop - GONE; 2001 ST215W GT-T Manual - SOLD; EP82 Starlet GT - Sold
    Now driving 20V Turbo 1.8 N-S FWD

Junior Member Grease Monkey bje10s's Avatar

do you reckon the drive shafts will mount up??? guessing the custom stuff will be driveshafts, engine mounts right?
    "If god intended hondas to go fast, he would have given them turbos"

Cunning Linguist Domestic Engineer The Last Streetfighter's Avatar

Paul at Crossley Street and Race in Brisbane has made about 2 3sgte AE92s that I can think of. JP probably knows the answer to your question...

http://www.turbocorolla.com/cars/michaelz.htm
    Driveline: MR2 Turbo LSD Gearbox, MR2 Turbo LSD Shafts with ST185 Outer CV Joints, 5 Puck Ceramic Button Clutch Sprung Centre 1100kg Pressure Plate.

And

"All the engine mounts had to be modified in some way. The front and rear ones were raised a little bit but stayed in their origonal position. The mount on the drivers side over the wheel arch had to be cut out and raised. The one on the passenger side wheel arch had to be cut out and moved foward. The selector cables and shifter are stock AE92 items. Don't think the selector cables
    were modified. The g/box is as Boozt said a MR2 item with the linkages moved to the other side of the box because the g/box is round the other way in a front wheel drive. I don't know why people uses camry g/box's when performing this conversion when a MR2 lsd box is straight bolt up aswell? Just big that's all. The engine sits tilted back and because my car is so low and the engine and g/box are so big compared to standard the sump, g/box and exhaust all sit about 50mm off the road so I have to be very careful! Drive shafts are MR2 items. One is standard, the passenger side one had to be shortened a bit. Paul made just enough room so that even the battery could stay in the engine bay. I have a VR4 front mount, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, pod filter and aftermarket ecu and it goes pretty hard. There was a bit of stuffing round with gauges on the dash because of the difference in resistance between the 4ag ones and the 3s ones. I think Paul ended up charging me around the 8.5g mark total for the conversion although I know he won't do one again for under 9.5g i think he said. I ended up out of pocket about $6700 after I sold all my old stuff. If there is anything else you would like to know just let me know and I'll be on the next Brissie rolla cruise.
    Paul Crossley did an excellent job and is a wealth of knowledge and would
    recommend him to anyone. "
    Last edited by The Last Streetfighter; 30-04-2009 at 01:42 PM.
    AE90 Silvertop - GONE; 2001 ST215W GT-T Manual - SOLD; EP82 Starlet GT - Sold
    Now driving 20V Turbo 1.8 N-S FWD