Thread: ATT: ALL sydney and newcastle toymodders...PUTTY ROAD AND WISD!!!

cruisin in a z30 Automotive Encyclopaedia -=DV=-'s Avatar

Default ATT: ALL sydney and newcastle toymodders...PUTTY ROAD AND WISD!!!

after the success and feedback from the last couple of unnoficial cruises piggy and myself have organised, we are organising another one, and it will be the day to end all days, first we are meeting here in newcastle and attacking the LEGENDARY putty road, to end up in sydney for a bbq, or dinner somewhere,then heading out to WSID from there for some off street drag racing!, then the night will probably be finished off at a maccas or similar comparing timeslips and stories from putty road!, do whatever u can to come along as it will be an insane day! the date will be the 26th of april (wednesday for wsid), will need to supply ur own food for bbq and entry fees for wsid ($45 if racing, $15 if spectating). so do whatever you need to do to get the day off as it will be one to remember! if your in, either drop me a pm or let me know in this thread..cheers guys and hope yas can make it along

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Default Re: ATT: ALL sydney and newcastle toymodders...PUTTY ROAD AND WISD!!!

I hate you.
    Even if my supra is complied and registered (by no means a certainty), I'll be either in or leaving for melbourne.

Sounds like a fantastic day tho.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

should have me car sorted by then ... ill be in that
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

awesome man just drop me a pm about it, every1 else, still taking names, it will be an insane day..cheers

the always broken 165 Carport Converter piggy's Avatar

ok so far people comming on putty road are

dv-165
    piggy-165
    grizzly-185
    micster-162
    andrew(not on toymods)-aw11
    RED 162
    SECA BT 20v

ok a time has been set depart from newie will be 11 am then off towars singleton then off onto putty
    Last edited by piggy; 24-04-2006 at 07:45 AM.
    1974 TA22 Celica the new project
    2002 UZS171 Crown daily
    st165 white forged gen2 3sgte 264deg cams, 1000cc injectors, side facing plenum, GT30, CBR600 COP, 205 gbox, diff and calipers, haltech ecu,coilovers, 3'' exhaust, water meth injection 235AWKW @ 22psi 12.29@117MPH 1.885 60'

ooohh oooohhh me me me!!! cmon peeps thats what i wanna be hearing from yas! how can u knock back putty road, a bbq and then a night of drag racing?!

the always broken 165 Carport Converter piggy's Avatar

added new person to my post
    1974 TA22 Celica the new project
    2002 UZS171 Crown daily
    st165 white forged gen2 3sgte 264deg cams, 1000cc injectors, side facing plenum, GT30, CBR600 COP, 205 gbox, diff and calipers, haltech ecu,coilovers, 3'' exhaust, water meth injection 235AWKW @ 22psi 12.29@117MPH 1.885 60'

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic micster's Avatar

Details for the cruise:

Newcastle Peoples:
    Leave Newie approx 11am to arrive in Broke at approx 12pm.

Sydney Peoples:
    Leave Sydney approx 9:30am (Thornleigh Maccas) via the Pac Run / F3 and head up to Broke. Arrive approx 12pm.

Meet up and grab drinks/fuel and leave Broke at 12:30pm heading down Putty Road towards Windsor. Trip is approx 200km - 2hours so have plenty of fuel. Hit Windsor around 2:20pm ahead to Quakers Hill (my place) for late lunch/early dinner (BBQ and Drinks) arriving around 2:40pm.

Let the cars cool down and leave around 4:45pm to head to Eastern Creek for 5pm. Drag racing starts from 6pm.

CB Radios are essential - $30 from Supercheap - No excuses!!!!!!
    Previous Ride: 1986 ST162 Celica
    Current Ride: Mazda 3 SP23

its a sad day when a co organiser of a cruise/event cant afford to be there....as is the case at the moment, with this front mount costing considerable amounts of hundreds of $ more than i had expected, and having copious amounts of money cut from my paycheck for some random reason, i cant afford to make the putty road/wsid cruise unless some magical funds fairy gives me money...and since that fairly only exists in our dreams, sorry guys...*mopes off to hang himself*

Mmmm Bickies Domestic Engineer GriZZly's Avatar

mate gimme a yell i can loan you some fuel for the trip

Toyota traitor Automotive Encyclopaedia GBC_069's Avatar

DV - micster - as i posted in the 162 thread, i am in on this, however only for the WSID night !!!!

i may have to meet you guys out there tho mike, as i dont think i finish work until 430ish, so wont be at wsid till 6ish

dude, can you send us a PM with your details man , incase i can make it to your house by 445 !!!!!

So that can be added to the list RED 162 + SECA BT 20v !!!!!!!
    NOW - 2002 WRX STI - WRC Blue 180awkw @ dyno day 20
    WAS - 1991 GT4 GRP A no. 68 153awkw, 13psi @ dyno day 18
    WAS - RED ST162 JDM 86kw @ dyno day 12

Mmmm Bickies Domestic Engineer GriZZly's Avatar

was a great night and putty rd was heaps of fun even though we took a wrong turn finding it and took the scenic route via wollombi .. which is also not a bad trek..

Great day all round and i now know ive got a 13sec GT4

Junior Member Domestic Engineer myne's Avatar

Someone has to show me putty road on google maps.

EG, Here's about a third of Adelaide's most fun road. Sadly it goes blocky further up, but that hairpin there, when heading east, has a unique tripple apex that's hard to have the guts to take at optimum speed.
    http://maps.google.com/?t=k&om=1&ll=...06902,0.009978