Thread: Has anyone any experience with JZZ30/JZA80 camber correction kits?

Junior Member Grease Monkey Ben12a's Avatar

Default Has anyone any experience with JZZ30/JZA80 camber correction kits?

Guys, I have a JZZ30 track car. I am chasing more front camber. I am at the stock setup's limit of about 2.5 deg neg camber whilst maintaining decent caster.

Hours of research on the net has shown there is a 'camber correction kit' available in the US for SC300/400 and JZA80 Supras. I have seen it on Titan Motorsports, MVP and the Daizen websites. I believe Daizen are the manufacturer and everyone else are resellers.

Basically, I want to know if anyone has used them in Australia, and what they thought. From the web it would appear you can get an extra 1.75 degrees of adjustment out of them, which is all I reckon I need. Prices are around US$115-130, which means they are more attracive than the Ikeya formula and JIC replacement upper arms at the high end of three figures.

I do not want to be the first guy killed using the ebay stuff, and I have read about failures with other 'Nascar' style arms modified to suit in the US, so I am pretty keen to see if people have had good experiences with these.

Links below (for product ID, not aiming to upset any sponsors etc.)

http://www.daizensporttuning.com/pro...tion-kits.html
    Wakefield Park 1:09.99
    Oran Park Sth 51.22
    Oran Park GP 1:24.82
    Hidden Valley 1:24.2
    Mallala 1:21.6

Default Re: Has anyone any experience with JZZ30/JZA80 camber correction kits?

Hmm, not to popular in Australia then I guess.
    Oran Park Sth 51.22

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Out of curiousity have you looked at the SuperPro/Lovells/Noltec/Nolathane catalogues to see if they do them?

From the picture they are just offset bushes, which is a very common way to correct camber (ie, all IRS commodores up to the VY I believe).
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

Ben im guessing thats you that posted on the track days thread on Supraforums?

Might get some professional advice about the suitability of slotting the LCA mounts for more camber as that guy has done

If thats not advisable then those Daizen bushes seem like the way to go

I know Superpro dont do anything, not sure about others

I haven't really looked local as the advice I have recieved is there is nothing available. I have bitten the bullet and put my name on the waiting list for the Daizen kit. He'll email me when a set is available for me.

No matter where I look in the states, there is about a six or eight week wait. One shop has sold out of his next order already, and has no idea how long it will take after that. Been a long time since I had to queue up for parts...
    Oran Park Sth 51.22

Yeah, on SF I'm 'snorer' (don't know why).

I have talked about the slotting the arms thing, and been advised against it. Mind you if you took the car to some one and explained what you wanted to do, they might be able sort something out.

I know people used to redrill mounts twenty years ago to get the alignment they wanted.
    Oran Park Sth 51.22

ill be making adjustable upper arms shortly if interested

also, considering the uzz30/jza80 arms run on bearings, not bushes, pressing them out and installing that kit would be a bit of a downgrade (assuming its possible to actually press out those bearings)
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

upper ones come out fairly easily, one of the lower ones is a bit of a bitch though without a press

would be interested in a group buy or what you come up with Ed, provided its not too far off happening
    Last edited by Sciflyer; 24-04-2009 at 03:06 PM.

well ive made the diagrams
    linden has the bearings, just need to get the heim joints
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

do I know you on another forum???

Hopefully on my return to Australia I'll have a set of the daizens to fit up. There are a few guys interested on the soarer specific forums
    Oran Park Sth 51.22

? no idea

ill make the jigs for the arms, and itll then be easy enough to make more units as required
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

neither nolathane or noltec (now whiteline plus) do anything for these cars.

i cant see how you would have any issue with those daizen ones, they are just a urethane bush. easy to make.
    I DONT WORK FOR TOYOTA ANYMORE
    please, no more PMs!

ed,

did you ever get around to making something up?

I am so over trying to find a solution to this, that I am considering selling one of the kids to pay for the Ikeya formula upper arms...
    Oran Park Sth 51.22