Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How much is Historic Registration

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Default How much is Historic Registration

Historic Registration is a great way to keep your 30+ Year old Classic on the road and in good running order without busting your bank balance. I have been asked a few time now how much it costs so here is the basic run down on how much it will cost you for 12 months historic rego and who will want what coin.

Pink Slip - $31.70
    Toymods Admin Fee - $10

RTA:
    Conditional Registration Plate - $36.00 (This is a one time only fee from the RTA for the number plates)
    Green slip - $34.00
    Admin Fee - $18
    RTA Total - $88.00

So including your pink slip inspection thats a total of $129.70 for the first year and then only $93.70 per year (Prices correct as at 26th Feb 2009)

And if you call a quality Insurance cover like Shannons you will find full comprehensive insurance for Historic rego'd Vehicles is VERY affordable.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Grease Monkey The Rev's Avatar

Default Re: How much is Historic Registration

Just letting all know the first year is $99.00 something must have gone up since the last post !
    Classic not Plastic !
    1967 RT40 Corona

Toymods Club Member Grease Monkey Jeri's Avatar

Thats very cheap comparing with normal rego...

but,,, what exactly are the restrictions?

Can the car be driven at any time or only on Club days?

Can the car be modified (e.g engine conversion) ?
    MY TA22 (Now in PRIMER)
    MY KE20 (New pics)
    1975 TA22 Toyota Celica. Working Process
    1974 KE20 Toyota Corolla. In mint original condition

everything should be covered in this thread
    HERE
    milk and juice come in 2L, The cheapest wines come in 5L, the finest vodka comes in 1L

Must be original condition with only period specific modificartions, ie mags from that era, and such. Can have new stereo but must not be able to be seen, ie under the dash or in glovebox, and can have power windows and central locking i think thats about it, oh and safety mods such as seatbelts if it didnt have them standard.
    Car can be driven on maintenance runs close to home ie you did some servicing on it and want to test it, or to the mechanic / to get tyres and such, on the most direct route, and on club sanctioned/approved runs and to club meets/meetings.

Hope this sheds some light!
    Classic not Plastic !
    1967 RT40 Corona

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Rev... good to have you onboard, and a cool car too!

Jeri... historic-plated vehicles are restricted to Club events, which includes meetings, crusies and anything the Toymods Car Club organises, as well as any official invitation to Toymods from another car club.

We are currently seeking admission to the CMC (Council of Motor Clubs) which holds the Eastern Creek Classic and consists of dozens of car clubs who have historic vehicles. With all these clubs about there is usually something on each weekend, and as a part of the CMC, Toymods is invited.

You can also take your car for a service run. Each time you take thr vehicle out you must inform us so we log it down, and you have a log book too where you log it down. This covers you in case the cops pull you over or if you (god forbid) have an accident and you can show that the club did know you were taking out the car and that keeps you covered.

Anything you want to know that is nit in that link, kindly provided by Wilo, just ask and we'll be more than happy to answer anything you ask regarding historic Toymods vehicles.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Slanted Photographer Automotive Encyclopaedia LeaThaL's Avatar

are they really really strict on colors and stuff like that with historic rego? as i think im about to pickup daves MS63 Wagon and i was thinking of makeing it a historic rego car/daily if the z20 is tempermental, and is it subect to KMS on car and what not?

cheers
    1 G L O V E
    88 Ga70 supra --- Under powered and over cooled Daily

Hi,

KMS? I assume you mean how many kms you can drive a historic rego car? If so, no... as long as the car is driven under the rules for historic rego.

Some clubs are very strict on colours and other clubs are not so strict. We are not so strict on colours, but there are limits. A flouro-pink TA22 may be pushing the limits.

However, you are in Qld? If so, the Qld RTA may have different rules regarding historic vehicles. Toymods can only allow NSW-based vehicles under its historic registration scheme.

Talk to TheChuckster about Qld historic plates, as he may be able to offer more relevant information for you.

seeyuzz
    river

Slanted Photographer Automotive Encyclopaedia LeaThaL's Avatar

ah fair enought, i am in QLD so just a restore to its former glory and maybe a angry sounding 5m will have to do for now

cheers river
    1 G L O V E
    88 Ga70 supra --- Under powered and over cooled Daily

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Qld is much easier with classic rego, and you can have a pink TA22 if you insist.

in a nutshell: you are restricted to club events (but can be any event organised by any car club), exhibiting the car at any kind of show/event/fete/etc., going to/from repair workshops and owner testing with 15km radius of home.

car has to be sited by a club committee member and a 'dating certificate' provided by the club for the DoT application.

using it as a daily driver can result in fine, upgrading registration to normal rego and club 'dating certificates' no longer recognised.

Some more info here <http://www.toyotacarclub.org.au/technical/classic-rego.html>
    Last edited by thechuckster; 04-08-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: more info
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Hmmm the crown only cost me $81 at the RTA today, Corona was $99 couple months back ? Also on the purple certificate for the Corona it says under special conditions "Toymonds Car Club Inc" and on the Crowns one it says "Only too be used for club outings" Firstly note the spelling of "Toymods", and "to" on each certificate respectivley, secondly why cant under special conditions the info all be the same ie the club name? Weird if ya ask me.
    Classic not Plastic !
    1967 RT40 Corona

Hi,

Yes, the cost to get the two Celicas initially on Hisotric rego was different. I don't know why. But, the renewal for The 88 only cost me $44, which is cheaper than I thought, so I can't complain.

Each time you renew you get a new one of those purple things, that you have to keep with the car. This purple thing is written slightly differently to the previous one I had... so maybe they've made some recent changes at the RTA and changed the wording?

seeyuzz
    river

So next time it will say "can bee yoused four club eventz and manetenance"
    Classic not Plastic !
    1967 RT40 Corona

advocate for the oldies Carport Converter ian's Avatar

the stipulations here in vic dosn't seem to be as strict
    my shitter has roll bars, no back seat, suspension mods, and an 18rg , all these things are deemed here as period modifications ,
    as far as driving it , we are allowed testing runs , within reason ,we cant do a run from here to sydney for a test ,, any cruises or events as long as they are published in any media format ,and we must have a printout of said event ,an example of this was the all steel bumber cruise last weekend
    all i had to do, is bring a printout of the event with me ,along with the registration reciept
    easy as ,
    nostalgia is not what it used to be:

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    the stipulations here in vic dosn't seem to be as strict
    my shitter has roll bars, no back seat, suspension mods, and an 18rg , all these things are deemed here as period modifications ,
    as far as driving it , we are allowed testing runs , within reason ,we cant do a run from here to sydney for a test ,, any cruises or events as long as they are published in any media format ,and we must have a printout of said event ,an example of this was the all steel bumber cruise last weekend
    all i had to do, is bring a printout of the event with me ,along with the registration reciept
    easy as ,
    Ian,

The CMC just had its annual gathering of each states Historic Rego councils. (Toymods is officially a member of the NSW Council of Motor Clubs now)

Each state has its own rules and take on Historic Rego ans some states are tighter than others. I think NSW may be the strictest.

In NT the ONLY requirement is the Chassis must be over 30 years old. Talk about relaxed regulations.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.