Thread: 4agte advice?

Low rep 1st year Apprentice

Default 4agte advice?

hi all im wanting a bit of help with compatible 4age parts,
    i have 2 4age big port engines one 20 valve (needs head to be fixed) i am running turbo 16 valve but i want a stronger bottom end, my bottom end is the 3 rib varient but the 20 valve i have is 7
    i want to know if the water and oil galleries are any different? ie will my 16 valve head fit on the 20 valve block? and also will have sufficient valve clearance from pistons? as 20 valve pistons have 3 valve recessions and higher compression.
    i am running standard cams so no additional valve lift, any one who has good knowledge of these engines it would be great to get some advice.
    i do know a bit but dont have the cash to stuff around with it if i stuff it up. i dont want to run the 20 valve head either as i'll have to change my set up. idealy i want to put a new set of 16 valve pistons on the 20 valve rods(both have 20mm gudgeon pins).

completely off the topic has anyone ever seen a ke35 hard top imported model with 18RC on the compiance plate? and a 2 litre sitting under the bonnet? my plates look legitimate but vic roads did not let me register it with a 2 litre in it so i had to change drive line and K frame to get it on the road. anyone ever seen one?

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: 4agte advice?

20V bottom end with smallport pistons will work fine but if your doing that you would be better off putting some late model GZE pistons in instead.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!