Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: No pistons, no fuel, no worries! Toyota Sera EV Conversion begins…

80's Style'n Backyard Mechanic VA61DETT's Avatar

Default Re: No pistons, no fuel, no worries! Toyota Sera EV Conversion begins…

Yer white zombie is a great piece of work,

Have been following that from way back.
    Would love to see the look on ppl when they get their V8 chapped by leccy power!

Hub motors cvt, regen etc, all very nice, but I'me not trying to re-invent the wheel (just yet).

-A

User Conversion King

i started reading the stuff about that ev echo.

jeez, where did the last 2 hours go

definitely lots of information out there

the guy with the echo seems to think these batteries are the bomb. is this what you have?
    hello

User Conversion King

one other thing....

can the motor bearings handle the thrust force from the clutch?
    hello

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf
    Intelligent Torque transfer ? Sci-Fi or fact ? Sounds like something I would be very interested in, got an outlandish project in mind that would need it.
    Like an electric LSD/traction control. Uses the ABS etc sensors to determine road speed and wheel slip and alters power delivery to the wheels, except it will use a basic neural net style system (or adaptive algorithms) to preempt the slip before it happens.

Junior Member Carport Converter OnAll-FOUR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TERRA Operative
    Like an electric LSD/traction control. Uses the ABS etc sensors to determine road speed and wheel slip and alters power delivery to the wheels, except it will use a basic neural net style system (or adaptive algorithms) to preempt the slip before it happens.

Another way would be to have 4 independent motors for each wheel. and do the torque split electronically then send that to the 4 independent motor controllers. You could then turn the car on the spot like a tank
    Ben #400 - My Ride Thread - Now with CT20b -
    1990 ST185 JDM, 103.0kws July 06 --> 155.9kws Feb 2010
    WSID: [email protected] (Weak ) : Wakefield 1:16.1 Racechrono
    Pics - http://photobucket.com Vids - http://www.youtube.com

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnAll-FOUR
    Another way would be to have 4 independent motors for each wheel. and do the torque split electronically then send that to the 4 independent motor controllers. You could then turn the car on the spot like a tank
    Or give it 8 wheels, each with motors, and 6 of which can turn, so you can really fuck with people

Oh wait, that's already been done

AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Forking Architect Grease Monkey

Done again...http://www.caradvice.com.au/1073/mit...volution-miev/

The electrics technolgy exists to do thiskind of thing on a perfonramce basis...we just need the abtteries to catch up....anyhow, awesome project...well done

-Luke
    Rotaries are cool...so why are their owners such cocks>>?

Junior Member Carport Converter OnAll-FOUR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro
    I remember this from beyond 2000
    Ben #400 - My Ride Thread - Now with CT20b -
    1990 ST185 JDM, 103.0kws July 06 --> 155.9kws Feb 2010
    WSID: [email protected] (Weak ) : Wakefield 1:16.1 Racechrono
    Pics - http://photobucket.com Vids - http://www.youtube.com

I'm talking on a motorbike.. Tank steer doesn't work.

one brushless motor in each hub with the electronic system controlling torque to each wheel.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

Very nice indeed.....maybe my crazy ass project wouldn't be so crazy after all.

Sigh !

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TERRA Operative again.
    I must really start repping more people.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

I can't wait for the day when motorbikes don't have wheels, rather each spoke has is telescopic and has a pad on the end of it, and the spokes are controlled via millimetre-wave radar so that they retract and extend depending on the road surface ala Snow Crash, so that you could ride over something like a branch or piece of exhaust pipe and not even feel it.

Actually, I can't wait for the day when a lot of the stuff in Snow Crash becomes reality, even if the Metaverse basically already exists (as does Earth, just not in real-time)
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

my first exposure to EV stuff was this 240sx in america
    http://www.jouleinjected.com/
    runs 13's on radials...pretty cool

once again, nice conversion mate another brave one!

Breaker of Things 1st year Apprentice setsuna's Avatar

actually there is a 'hubless motorcycle'
    http://jalopnik.com/5139465/hubless-...without-spokes

-David

80's Style'n Backyard Mechanic VA61DETT's Avatar

^^Damn that's a loopy ass car...

Those intelligent lithium cells look interesting, (even more so cos they are put together by little Chinese hotties )

They are similar to what I am using, both LiFePO4 technology, apparently they are far less prone to blowing up like the Sony laptop cells.

-Brett
    I do believe that the bearings do hack it, if not then Ill make my own to suite ;p

-A

Quote Originally Posted by greywolf
    Very nice indeed.....maybe my crazy ass project wouldn't be so crazy after all.

Sigh !
    Heh, I'll let VA61DETT do his first, I want to see how it all goes together.