Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow Lasers :- AE82 BT 20v Build.

Backyarder! Grease Monkey

Default Slow Lasers :- AE82 BT 20v Build.

Hey Fellas,

Seems as i always forgot/am too lazy to take pics of my builds i though i might start out in doing so on this build.

So from the start i was going to put a 20v into my ke70 and slowly build it up from there.... but i got to tired of driving my puss 4ac ae82 around and bought a halfcut ae111 for 1700 bucks with 150,000 k's on it.

After picking it up i deceded to give it a pull down and make sure all was in order.
    upon getting it home and pulling it apart i came across a set of TODA cam gears on both the intake and exhaust cams. So as you do i decide to take off the cam cover and check the condition and generaly just have a look at the head to make sure all is in order.... All was in order.. execpt the little stamp that says TODA R stamped into the cams (264 degree 9mm lift) so as im thinking to myself would the average japanese racer kidd stop there?

so after jumping around like a baby on crack i thought i might as well pull the head off her and check the condition of the bores and pistons, after cocking around all night i finally got it off and all looked mint as (i then went to sleep and continued in the morning). then after working on my Turbo build up (Silver Top 20v) i thought that the wall thickness didnt look so meaty on the halfcut's block. out with the verniers confirmed that it did indeed have less wall thickness between the cylinders so with a quick wipe and clean reveals 050 stamped into the pistons crown along with the arta symbol.

So a long story short, i bought it as a rough running half cut, which turned out to have a C56 with LSD, TODA cams and gears, TODA lightened flywheel and excedy Clutch, 50 thou oversized BT pistons and generally mint condition engine bay! If only the guys at the import place knew what was hiding in it!!!

ill start by sticking up some pics here and there of what i took today and yesterday

Excedy Clutch

AE111 Halfcut with LSD'd C56

Motor

Cam Gears/Motor

More to come when i finish painting the fresh cam cover and pull the motor out of my AE82!

Default Re: Slow Lasers :- AE82 BT 20v Build.

On my trip to the wreckers today i scored a Seca dash (tacho version) and a camira external fuel pump (same as vl afaik) as some bunch of bogan karnts stole all the vl ones already!

Then when it dropped below 60 degrees outside i decided to paint my cam cover as the one that came on the half cut was a lil sad, i tried that shit at superheap thats a mettalic chrome stuff? goes alright!

piczors

Flywheel

Cams

TODA R

I have multiple Muffs....

Fuel pump

Old Vs New

OHHH Shiney
    Last edited by slow laser; 04-03-2009 at 09:41 PM.

Reserved for pics/info 2

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

haha sick!, what a score mate!...sure you want to put it in a fwd...and not a sick rwd?

haha thats what my silvertop is being built up for....

To go into my ugly duckling brown KE70

I actually just bought this halfcut to throw into my AE82 cause the tired 4ac is on its sad legs (365000k's) but i mean hey.... now its just going to be a little more mobile then i thought haha!

Cheers.

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

nice find mate...gl with the build. Would love a 20v ae82 as a nice quick daily

Haha cheers PH@, i almost bought a twinkie for 2000, glad i didnt otherwise i wouldnt have scored this!

While im thinking of it, does anyone know what sort of power a 20V will pull with 50 thou' over pistons and 264 degree cams and a TODA .8mm? just a rough estimate using desktop dyno and looking around it hazard a guess at what.... 115-125fwkw with a microtech running fuel and ign semi piggybacked?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer J0RD0's Avatar

I had a 82 20v with just a haltech and exhaust and it was putting 70fwkw. not sure you'll get that much of a gain with cams and gears, but never the less it will fly!
    RA23 1JZ VVTi 373hp - SOLD
    12.4 @ 110mph
    THE EVOROLLA 262.9hp - SOLD
    JZ parts facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841910926804/

started about 8pm and this is where its at

more to come today when i sort out the wiring and shizzle.

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

looks great.. great pickup on that halfcut!!!!!

i would say about 80fwkw....

should make the little thing hammer!!!
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

ethanol sniffing Backyard Mechanic adamaw11's Avatar

Standard blacktops seem to make between 80 - 90 wheel kw. I think there'd be a good chance of being over the 100 kw with that setup.

Thats one hell of an awesome find!
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=83259
    '88 A.D.M aw11 '98 4age 20v blacktop
    NA: 14.745@150kmh at willowbank. On E85 with 6psi boost: 13.573@165kmh. ~8psi: 13.187 @169.9kmh. >10psi: 12.9 rod fragments @ 174mm holes in block
    daily: '93 ae101 Levin coupe. Motorbike: '09 Suzuki GSR600: 12.358@179kmh at Willowbank

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adamaw11
    Standard blacktops seem to make between 80 - 90 wheel kw. I think there'd be a good chance of being over the 100 kw with that setup.

Thats one hell of an awesome find!
    torque-steer here we come! haha

yeh my bet would be 100-110 fwkw...

but srsly...needs some 300+ duration cams peak power @ 9k rpm 4tw!

haha well when they started it in the halfcut with just the engine pipe, it sounds like a fkn N2 ae86. Its 9mm lift 264 degree cams, on probably 11.8:1 compression....

i didnt get a chance to cc the head and work it out 100% but 50 thou' over blacktop pistons wih a TODA .8mm would be rather high... very much so rather high

Ive had a dig on some of the jap builds and they where all pulling much more then 100kw at the wheels with minimal mods so i would be pretty pissed if it didnt even make 100fwkw....

On the other note, its almost ready to start today just sorting out the wiring and trying to get the fuel pump setup and such, will post up some more pics once my phones charged again.

Cheers

Nate.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

those toda cam gears? does anyone know if the intake vvt still works with this unit?
    the designe is diffrent to the exhaust?

afaik they dont, according to rhdjapan's site the toda gears lock the vvti....

I know that its not an non-interference motor anymore cause of the cams lift being higher then stock... so i guess vvti wouldnt work with them?