Thread: Can't start threads.. for some reason I cant start threads anywhere, but i can reply

RIP Scott Kalitta Automotive Encyclopaedia Mr DOHC's Avatar

Default Can't start threads.. for some reason I cant start threads anywhere, but i can reply

just starting this thread for Dust

"Can't start threads.. for some reason I cant start threads anywhere, but i can reply to em lol"

can anyone help him out please
    JZX83+ FMIC+ Twin 2.5" dumps to 3"+ FCD+ 2800rpm stallie+ 14psi - LSD - good tyres = 12.85 @105.58

The boobs are back

1uz 4wd Hilux Grease Monkey Dust's Avatar

Default Re: Can't start threads.. for some reason I cant start threads anywhere, but i can reply

Yeah thanks, I can reply but cannot start threads in any section, I just don't see the start thread button anywhere.

Been a while since I started a thread so I do not know how long it has been like this, any explanation would be appreciated, thanks.

I also don't see the reputation buttons either.

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Default Re: Can't start threads.. for some reason I cant start threads anywhere, but i can reply

Hmmm Curious.....
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

you're not getting logged out or anything? or cookies etc?

(if only this condition could be forced onto some people )
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

nope, I can see and read every section and can reply. I just do not see the new thread or start thread button, where is it usually? I will look extra hard in that spot lol.

above the list of threads.. it says
    "Threads in Forum : Tech and Conversions"
    for example. the button to start "new thread" is just above that on the left of screen
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

picture...

Just where i remembered it being, but it isn't there

also there are no "quote" buttons or reply buttons, all I am using is the quick reply box at the bottom.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

IT natural selection

(***da dun, dun dun dun*** terminator III music)

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Have you tested on a different machine or had someone else who doesn't have this problem log on from yor machine and see if they get the same issue?

It kind of sounds like a browser issue. It is possible to set users not to be able to start a thread based of group membership and forum permission but the only groups that are configured this way are not able to post anything at all.

Actually do you see the post a reply button at the bottom of the list of posts at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    Have you tested on a different machine or had someone else who doesn't have this problem log on from yor machine and see if they get the same issue?

It kind of sounds like a browser issue. It is possible to set users not to be able to start a thread based of group membership and forum permission but the only groups that are configured this way are not able to post anything at all.

Actually do you see the post a reply button at the bottom of the list of posts at all?
    Good thinking, you were right, it is a browser issue. Tried it on another pc and it works just fine.

By the way, I couldn't see avatars either :/, I just thought they were disabled lol.

Anyway, problem solved, now to see wtf is wrong with firefox.

Thanks.

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Try clearing your cache. That can fix a heap of weird issues. Maybe checking to see if you have the latest version too. (Mine automatically updated a few days ago).