Thread: Are 3t engine bits available in australia?

Bull now in china shop! Domestic Engineer NME308's Avatar

Default Are 3t engine bits available in australia?

Hi guys,
    I stripped my 3t engine down over the weekend. Unfortunatly there were no golden moments of finding forged pistons etc etc... However it is standard bore and seemingly a good rebuilder!

While I can get my camshaft reground to a turbo friendly shape, so far I have had no luck tracking down new lifters, pushrods, or valves for the little sucker. I figure the lifters are a MUST, the pushrods and valves I may possibly tempt fate with cos I am doing this on the cheap

I can get anything at all for these creatures out of the USA of course, but how the hell do you stop at just the essentials when there are billet heads, forged rods, forged pistons, 4 barrel intakes, baffled racing sumps, hi volume oil pumps... ya get the picture im sure!!!

Is there anywhere in Australia that someone could point me to for the dinosaur bits I'm chasing?

Thanks,
    Jason

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

Default Re: Are 3t engine bits available in australia?

Precision international is a large parts wholesaler that stock the pistons, bearigs, timing chains, gaskets etc. You will have to go through Bursons to deal with them if you do not have an account tho.

Get your lifters refaced when you get the cam ground.

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

3T was in the T-18 here so I am guess there are some parts stocked for them.

www.swmotorsport.com which is in sydney show listings for various things for the 3TGTE, but I am not sure how much of that stuff is useful for your application...

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

fwiw: a guy in our club has got 3T bits thru Lee's performance pars (name?) in Underwood - and also K & M Automotive Services in Rocklea. They were GTE parts but a lot of stuff (e.g. bearings, gaskets) would be common across those variants.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge