Thread: Setting up a 4AG-W58 Niteparts Bellhousing

KE20 4AGTE 1st year Apprentice

Default Setting up a 4AG-W58 Niteparts Bellhousing

Hi

I'm just looking for some help from you guys I have a 4A-W Niteparts bellhousing I bought new but unused from these forums and I'm just wondering what clutch fork, pin & throw out bearing to use, and also how to set up the clutch for it as i didnt get any instructions

I know i have to drill it for the slave cyl but I'm not sure what slave do you use all T50 gear or is it W58 gear

My email address is [email protected]

I know alot of you guys on here have done the conversion so any help would be greatly appriciated

Cheers
    Josh

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Setting up a 4AG-W58 Niteparts Bellhousing

Well I think most people have to get a custom clutch made with the spline of a W58 input shaft but with a clutch diameter to suit the flywheel you're running.
    I want to do your engine conversion wiring for you, PM me.

Hi Golberg,

Yes i have already done that just would like to know what clutch fork, throw out & slave to use.

I don't have these parts so i don't want to buy the wrong ones T50 or W5

Thanks for the help

Cheers
    Josh

Junior Member Domestic Engineer BigWorm's Avatar

I used all W5x bits for mine, including slave. The W5x slave cylinder has a solid/non-adjustable pushrod & fork, whereas the T50 (and the Dellow setup for that matter) uses an adjustable pushrod that goes through a hole in the fork.
    Using the W5x parts means one less thing to adjust, which makes the whole setup alot easier IMHO. Mine all worked with very little adjustment once assembled, with the only adjustment being the pushrod into the master cylinder.

New slave and master cyl are about $60 all up, don't use old stuff.

Smile Re: Setting up a 4AG-W58 Niteparts Bellhousing

Hi Bigworm

Thanks for the info did you use the pivot out of the W5 bellhousning also

By the way nice Celica I'm doing a 4AGTE conversion also how do you find the W58 ratios in the box do they suit the 4AG?

Also I notice you are running a 20V oil pump is there anything different and did you do the spring mod to it and where did yu source one and are thy dear?

Sorry about all the questions

Cheers
    Josh

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm
    I used all W5x bits for mine, including slave. The W5x slave cylinder has a solid/non-adjustable pushrod & fork, whereas the T50 (and the Dellow setup for that matter) uses an adjustable pushrod that goes through a hole in the fork.
    Had never heard of a T50 having an adjustable pushrod... from a TA22 perhaps?
    Because all T18, AE71 Corollas and AE86s have solid pushrods which rest in front of the clutch fork from the cars I've seen.
    I want to do your engine conversion wiring for you, PM me.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Bazooka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KE20_4AGTE
    Also I notice you are running a 20V oil pump is there anything different and did you do the spring mod to it and where did yu source one and are thy dear?
    Getting a little off topic here but its your thread
    The AE101 4AGZE and 20V's share the same later style pump. I'm lead to believe these are designed to flow more than the earlier models as well as prevent cavitation at higher RPM. I am interested however to know about this spring mod you talk about? I have not head anything about modifying the pump in any way.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka
    I am interested however to know about this spring mod you talk about? I have not head anything about modifying the pump in any way.
    It's simply adding preload spacer of Xmm to one end of the pressure relief valve spring. Not something I would imagine you would need to do on a fresh pump.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Junior Member Domestic Engineer BigWorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Golberg
    Had never heard of a T50 having an adjustable pushrod... from a TA22 perhaps?
    Because all T18, AE71 Corollas and AE86s have solid pushrods which rest in front of the clutch fork from the cars I've seen.
    Yeah you're dead right, my memory has failed me once again....

The last slave cylinder I bought that suited a T50 (could have been TA22) came with an adjustable pushrod but yeah the T50 fork has just the dimple to go with a solid rod.

Its hard being a Backyard Mechanic RT40Corona4AGTE's Avatar

Silly question I know, but does Exedy make a clutch kit to suit this conversion? As I saw a kit that I believed to be Exedy on ebay a while ago for the larger GZE flywheel and the W57?
    1967 RT40 Corona Current Project - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46182

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

No special kit required as a stock 4AGZE clutch will work, it has the right input spline for a w5x series box

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Bazooka's Avatar

Use the 4AGZE flywheel and clutch and the W58 throwout, fork and slave. All should work without drama. The 4AGZE clutch has the same spline as the W series gearbox so all lines up.

P.S. I met Brendan from Nite Parts for the first time today actually. Really nice guy!

Its hard being a Backyard Mechanic RT40Corona4AGTE's Avatar

Bazooka - yeah I have spoken to him on the phone a few times and he seems like a pretty nice bloke. Cheers for the information mate +reppage!

stidnam - thanks for info mate +rep for you.
    1967 RT40 Corona Current Project - http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46182