Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale Template?

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

Default For Sale Template?

long over due i think,

can we have a for sale template put together that we can easily read and understand, that displays BASIC information that prospective buyers want to read, without having to ask a dozen questions for each item listed?

alot of other forums use a template system and it works, if the thread doesnt contain the template its deleted in 24hrs....

??? dont have a prob writing one up or opinions on what the template should include.....

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: For Sale Template?

start off with an example for the mob?

different items will require different questions, but basic description, condition, location, price etc would be a help..
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I don't have a problem with this.

Most probably we won't implement it until we move to the new forums, but it is a good idea.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

uuuio884 makes some really good points, however i tend to disagree with the part wehre he writes (and i quote) ""Prince Vasili came out- wearing a velvet coat with a single star on his breas".

yes i have suggested this, and i also think that pictures shoudl be mandatory (particuarly in the CARS FOR SALE section)

and encouraged in other areas.

what really grinds my gears is when people HAVE pictures and there like "PM me for pics" or "i have pics but cant post them yet because i am using my uncles computar at his work and it only has a 1.2 megabit connection etc..." so ill post pics tomorrow.

also put the LOCATION OF ITEM THAT IS FOR SALE in the thread heading please (i know most people do this allready)

Deep Fried Backyard Mechanic ONETEN's Avatar

Wow no shit, this is the second bot in a couple of days thats made it onto here ... maybe there is some loop hole in the new forum???

Fuck i would love to kick the c*&t who sits around making these asshole bots so hard in the nuts/vagina/both
    Old School: 1971 Datsun 1200 Deluxe Coupe all original... yep factory twin cam turbo
    Daily: 2006 Hilux Dual Cab D4D 4WD

Junior Member Grease Monkey GEMTA22's Avatar

Car for sale template.
    The following template needs to be cut and pasted into all new topics by the creator or the thread will be removed.

Thread title ~

[STATE/LOCATION] quick description of car (year/model/make)

Main body as of below

Car (include make , model, year and color)

Mileage kms traveled

Extra Comments All other comments ~ options , parts included etc.

Price State the price and if neg. or ONO/OBO etc.

Contact Details Your contact details , via email , pm , phone etc.

Photos if you cannot get pictures, please state to avoid people asking for it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A parts template below

For sale:
    Price and price conditions:
    Pictures:
    Contact Details:

Hi,

Nice idea, but it needs to be enforced fields, otherwise we will get a stack of people not using the template or using it incorrectly or not filling in the fields, as that means the mods will spend more time deleting these posts.

Considering the number of people we have that do dumb things or post in the wrong section, I think it needs to be a default form that must be filled in correctly, otherwise it will be more work for the mods.

I'm not knocking the idea.... just throwing up some arguments to get it more automated and designed for stupid people.

So, keep the template ideas flowing as to what you want etc.. and maybe we can see if anything can be built accordingly.

seeyuzz
    river

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Is there any capacity in the forum upgrade to do exactly what you say - make a dedicated template if you wish to post in the for sale section (kind of like the application forms) which will not be able to be posted if there is no information?

Yes, this can be bypassed by putting in spaces or what not but it should help sort out some of the issues. It could also have certain limitations so that if someone wished to sell anything other than a Toyota/Toyota Engined vehicle, that it wont allow the thread.

And im not suggesting that each thread be checked before being allowed to be posted (like the dyno section) as that would create a ton of work that really isnt necessary.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

I'm willing to put my hand up & help mod the forsale section if required.

Rules here are fairly lax. The XR6 Turbo forums require the VIN/Engine No. details to be listed on any forsale thread.
    If in doubt power out

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RONA
    Rules here are fairly lax. The XR6 Turbo forums require the VIN/Engine No. details to be listed on any forsale thread.
    I'm guessing because of the large rebirthing industry associated with Falcodores....
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

just another idea for the for sale threads, can a rule be made so that the 'owner' of the thread must update with a SOLD or a BUMP so we know that the thread is still alive, or if the item has been sold. (maybe weekly?)

if the owner has not posted for like a month, i suggest the thread be deleted.

here is an example of wasted time due to an old FOR SALE thread not being updated:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19151

Hi,

I hear you brother. I am tired of scouring heaps of threads to see if the item(s) have been sold and the thread closed.

I am not sure what the capacity is of the upgraded forum software in regards to templates and stuff like that, but I'll try and find out.

seeyuzz
    river

yes maybe they could be programmed with an 'expiry date' so that when no posts after 1 month they get automatically deleted.

that is a rad idea placentajuan.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

why? are you continually being disappointed to find something is still for sale or not or?

maybe i just don't spend enough time in the classified section to care
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    why? are you continually being disappointed to find something is still for sale or not or?
    no the idea just popped into my head while reading the quoted thread and i thought to myself "hey theres a thread about 'for sale' templates active right now and i bet this would be an idea worth mentioning"

so i did.

is that ok?