Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Abuse of reputation system

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia HKS_TRD's Avatar

Default Abuse of reputation system

Hi I would like to report abuse of the reputation system by another Toymods forum user. I neg repped a post for legitimate reasons and the user has retaliated by childishly neg repping me, for a post which was 100% informative. I would appreciate the innapropriate use of the rep system by the offending user being reversed

Thankyou

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: Abuse of reputation system

Hi,

You'll have to PM us (probably Kirsty is the best one to sort this out) with the details so we can check the offending threads, etc.

Personally, I can't wait until we get the forums moved across to the new server and with the latest version of software, so we can remove all rep, plus and minus, from the Non Car Discussion area, as this is where most people seem to get their rep - usually for witty or amusing comments, instead of technical input.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

DIY Bloodline Domestic Engineer Talasas's Avatar

I've been neg repped in the same fashion before, I figured it was the way the system works. Naturally someone you neg rep will do it back because they don't like being neg repped, it is childish I agree.

Frankly though (on the subject of the rep system) I don't see it getting used enough, not enough people get repped for their good technical input. When someone replies to a tech thread I've started and gives useful input they deserve rep in my opinion.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move." -HHGG

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

Personally, I can't wait until we get the forums moved across to the new server and with the latest version of software, so we can remove all rep, plus and minus, from the Non Car Discussion area, as this is where most people seem to get their rep - usually for witty or amusing comments, instead of technical input.

seeyuzz
    river
    z20 thread ftw!

but seriously tomvale and yld16l are the masters, damn act public service!

jks

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Dan,

I have fixed your rep and I will be handing out some of my own very shortly.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SillyCarS
    but seriously tomvale and yld16l are the masters, damn act public service!
    Meh, unless the rep points were transferable for cash I give no fark if I have 2 or 2 million, I'm sure some people feel the same, obviously though many others place a great deal of value in the rep system.

I contribute to the tech section but I find it wears you down, you post solid advice, experience or solutions based upon actual first hand accounts, it will then be undermined by 20 posts from floggers who post "facts" they read on boostcruising or similar and debating with idiots is tough because they have so much experience at being idiots............so yeah, it gets old real quick sometimes and you just have to think to yourself - whatever.

I think the rep system offers very little to the forum, bad trading isn't reflected in rep until such time as the real bad traders are named and shamed and a vigilante group neg reps them to oblivion.

Technical knowledge isn't reflected in the current system (sounds like the new system will better reflect it).

I find the members rides section easier for determining peoples technical prowess and how much their advice is worth It's kind of like viewing their resume.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

yld16l u have PM

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

YLD-16L - As far as I am aware, what you are looking for in the rep system is what is planned to come. As it is we would like rep for the tech sections only, and some kind of sales reputation as well.

It is all a waiting game to get the ball rolling with the new hosting (in progress) then the transfer of the forums over to the newer version.

As this develops no doubt there may be threads asking for users/members opinions as to how people would like to see things done.

Your feedback at that point would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

that will be a dark day for tomvale13, I shall have to resort to half naked lady pics to inflate my e-peen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

In agreeance that there are problems with the current rep system. As for the tit for tat neg repping, I allow people 1 cry neg. If they put a second cry neg in, then chances are they don't have enough rep to keep playing (haven't come to that yet).

One thing, what will be the restrictions in the trading section this time?? Same as before?? Will the existing rep be transferred, or will existing members transferring start back on minimum rep?? or will they be granted minimum trading rep should they already be above it on the current forum?? Won't affect me since I am already a paying member, but interesting to know anyways.
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

restrict classifieds to actual paying toymods members

now wouldn't that kick up a stink
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

It would also restrict the resources available to paying members and thus disadvantage us.

But yeah, the outrage would be tremendous.
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica
    YLD-16L - As far as I am aware, what you are looking for in the rep system is what is planned to come. As it is we would like rep for the tech sections only, and some kind of sales reputation as well.

It is all a waiting game to get the ball rolling with the new hosting (in progress) then the transfer of the forums over to the newer version.

As this develops no doubt there may be threads asking for users/members opinions as to how people would like to see things done.

Your feedback at that point would be appreciated.

Cheers
    Simon
    Like many here, i too look forward to finding out about the changes in the reputation system and wondering if it was also possible to include in the members rides sections? I know that some people rep a 'cool car' but i have seen time and time again when others offer advice and assistance that contributes immensly to the thread/owner. Yes there are ways around this if not but i feel there are more of the latter going on but not knowing for certain how its distributed.

Also, there was mention of not taking it out of the non-car threads but just limiting the value to +/- 1, is that compatible with the new system?

Also the ability to choose how much rep up to the maximum you can give would be nice. I think this was suggested by River ages ago??
    Cheers, Owen

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Also the ability to choose how much rep up to the maximum you can give would be nice. I think this was suggested by River ages ago??
    that would be good.. sometimes post aren't that helpful, but you want to give encouragement....
    or aren't that bad, but still deserve a rap over the knuckles
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!