Thread: Wheel Spacers

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Low Toy's Avatar

Default Wheel Spacers

I just have a question for anyone who has used or currently runs wheel spacers...
    How safe are they? I have heard all kinds of differing opinions on them, some people say the are only safe if they have the hub locater thing and others say they are just completely unsafe period...
    My situation is I have a TA22 and I have 17" Roh BoostR's with an offset to suit an S13, I am a big fan of these wheels and everyone who has seen the car believe's they look unreal on it... I went to the wheels shop and enquired about wheels with the correct offset in 17's (I need 17's to clear my brakes) and there are only 2 wheels that they make that would be correct offset and they were both shit... However the guy recommended wheels spacers which are the bolt on style and have the hub locators to stop them being able to shear off the studs and fall off, he said they will set me back about $450 which I am willing to pay because my other option was to buy brand new wheels...
    Just want people's opinion, I know they are not legal, but this isn't going to be a daily driver, will hopefully see a few track days tho...

I'm more dodgy than a Backyard Mechanic ra_28's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel Spacers

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...=wheel+spacers

Search is your friend

Cheers
    Alex
    RA28 Turbo 18RG
    RT104 - spare toy
    MS55 delux - long term project
    BF II XR8

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Low Toy's Avatar

Default Re: Wheel Spacers

Thanks for that, I knew I'd seen that thread somewhere, I just couldn't find it...