Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: aw11 + sr20det

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

Default Re: aw11 + sr20det

This *might* not apply here, but since we are on the cutting edge of race bread engineering, I thought it would only be fair to the community to include this in the discussion. I am of course refering to the champ on mx6.com forums who to deccrease spool time on his turbo welded additional fins to his compressor wheel. see picture below

Now this bright spark reported after he installed the fins that "2400rpm & get 5psi by 3500rpm" so he decreased his turbo spool time and had max boost earlier.

The reason i bring this up is surely you can mod the supercharger to do the same, that would give you oarsome power down low till u kick past 7000rpm?

Any why stop there? surely you could mod things like your rods, crank and cams to do the same.

Another thought put more holes in your injectors, that will produce a finer spray pattern which will help ignition at those high RPMs, but im sure you have thought of all of this, as its a well thought out build.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Gaters gonna Gate Conversion King Stomps's Avatar

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

face palm collage, I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I'd recommend a 150hp shot of nitrous oxide set to kick in at 12,000rpm to really give this thing a kick in the pants.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

you'd save money using a merlin engine and ocky straps,

sure it wont rev as high as you want but it would put out a few cubic elephants of torque.
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Team Awesome Carport Converter Pimpin_1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    I'd recommend a 150hp shot of nitrous oxide set to kick in at 12,000rpm to really give this thing a kick in the pants.
    A kick in the pants? I think this monster of an engine might be enough power already?
    1JZ MZ20 Soarer - 4AGZE KE70 Corolla - 4AGE AE86 - 4AGE KE70

conceptually it might be anything.

*remembers back to the "Luke, I am your father" Star Wars twist*

Nah its not going to be anything that juicy..

Low rep 1st year Apprentice

Just a little left field. If anyone is looking for a SR20DET to suit FWD or AWD i have a 1996 pnw10 sr20det awd auto front cut with front mount intercooler up for grabs. I was going to make my pulsar sss into a sssDET but stacked it before i got the chance. I was told it is easy to drop off the auto & bolt it to the sr20de 5 speed to it. It has 88km's and im chasing $1650 ono for it. If anyone is interested please pm me or sms 0418 732 551

Not another stacked pulsar

they must be getting rare.

Junior Member Grease Monkey seamonsta's Avatar

Talking Re: aw11 + sr20det

Quote Originally Posted by ICS
    Just a little left field. If anyone is looking for a SR20DET to suit FWD or AWD i have a 1996 pnw10 sr20det awd auto front cut with front mount intercooler up for grabs. I was going to make my pulsar sss into a sssDET but stacked it before i got the chance. I was told it is easy to drop off the auto & bolt it to the sr20de 5 speed to it. It has 88km's and im chasing $1650 ono for it. If anyone is interested please pm me or sms 0418 732 551
    Thanks for the input, I was learning so much until I got to your post. Make sure you don't try any of these mods on your Pulsar, you can't handle the standard output nevermind the the expected tsunami of power that this bad boy will have when finished!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota GUN METAL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    No probs, just trying to help.

Yeah I reckon $3500 should cover it easy, did you factor in new thruskets for that price though?? Not really necessary items but on a high end build it's good peice of mind to do them while you are at it.

Exactly, I had beige top 4AGE years ago and the hardest part of the whole build was finding a tacho that went past 14000rpm. The rest of the build was pretty straight forward for your typical race bread engine.

That's a brilliant idea, I don't know why anyone else hasn't thought of that. The SC12 will fill that torque hole that the crazy cams will create. This thing is going to be off-tap!!

My mate who's knows a guy that builds race bread engines reckons for these types of high rpm race bread engines the best break-in procedure is on the instant it fires up to hold it WOT for 10 min on the limiter, it learns the engine that it will be a high rpm engine.

I am laughing so hard right now, i am going to print it out and stick it on my wall, everytime i feel upset or down thes words will surely cheer me up !
    MY BELOVED AW11...Updated members ride thread>>>>http://www.toymods.net//forums/showt...=4584#post4584

AW11s always welcome in my driveway !

That naked picture of Dame Edna stopped working already?

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

im pretty sure helgas make a race bread for a fraction of this qouted price, i think it is about $2.50 a loaf.

so much cheaper then $3500.........
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

This project should be complete by now and buzzing up to 17,000rpm.

Pics or ban*

*if not already banned.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

i second that pics or ban
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?