Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: aw11 + sr20det

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

Default Re: aw11 + sr20det

it works, just watch how fast the sand is fed into the intake, you need to balance RPM, generally 7000rpm+, and the rate of sand into the intake.

Im not sure of the formula, guys can you help me out?
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Catching Z's Domestic Engineer Cdr Zero's Avatar
    Folding@Home
    About Folding
    Quote Originally Posted by trdee
    go off?? you should have gotten a section of exhaust, preferebly 3" with as many bends as possible, and shoved it up his arse

Team Awesome Carport Converter Pimpin_1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stan
    Hmm whats power porting sounds dodgy...
    In no way is it dodgy. It is done to alot of race bread engines and is as high in performance as the engine you want to run.

Kedderz is on the right track with power porting but I am also as lost as he with this. I have never attempted it myself because it might be too much power for me too handle on the street and also my car is a daily driver. I have been told by my mate who is an ex rally engine builder though that it is roughly a 13% increase throught the whole rev range especially as high as 14,000rpm.
    1JZ MZ20 Soarer - 4AGZE KE70 Corolla - 4AGE AE86 - 4AGE KE70

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kedderz
    it works, just watch how fast the sand is fed into the intake, you need to balance RPM, generally 7000rpm+, and the rate of sand into the intake.

Im not sure of the formula, guys can you help me out?

Make sure the grit of sand you use is ultra fine, i believe bunnings and supercheap sell a ultra fine sand that will not cause issues when power porting.

and Kedders is right, just make sure you slowwwwwly pour the sand in the intake , dont just put heaps in real quick

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

please dont do this to your 4ac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTM
    Nothing you do to an AW11 will stop you looking like a f4g anyway. Hahahahaha.
    you just earned a truckload of neg rep for that...

AW11 still rates as one of the best Chassis that Toyota has even built for a reason.

everyone else... please carry on tormenting this dreamer.
    Shane and Garth... love your work

can't wait to see this thing idling through the city at 4000 RPM.
    Last edited by MR22ZZ; 24-07-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I run the sand through one of those things your missus use in the kitchen to seive (sp?) flour. You just seive the sand as you feed it into the intake to ensure no lumps or large grains are fed in.

Then afterwards you simply set the engine to high idle (5000rpm) and spray a garden hose on mist setting into the intake to remove the metal that the power porting has removed. If the engine bogs down just get a mate to give it WOT.

Edit: more info on the actual power porting techniques from 'Rod Gods Magazine':

Ever wondered why your car has an air filter? Well it's because the government sanctions the power of each car based upon how much the manufacturer is prepared to pay for the power credits on that particular model of vehicle! That is generally why cheap cars have less power and more expensive cars have more power.

..........yadah yadah yadah

..with the airfilter being the "restrictor of power" as many people describe it but not because it limits air flow but rather it is in place to prevent continual enhancement of engine power beyond that which the manufacturer paid credits to the government for.

This leads us to power porting using a gritteous medium.

If cars drove around unfiltered for their entire life they would continually ingest small dust and grit particles that would be continually power porting the engine. Essentially meaning all cars would INCREASE in power with age! Therefore the government makes filters a compulsory fitment to all motor vehicles to prevent this power increase. This is also why some aftermarket pod filters are illegal as they do not filter out micron sized particles and do lead to small improvements in engine performance through power porting.

To do your own power porting you can simply run no filter and gain small improvements over a long period of time or you can fast track the process....if you have no patience then read on.

Simply remove your airfilter and then start the engine, get it to a stable high idle (5000rpm for 4 cylinders, 8000rpm for 6 cylinder and 10,000rpm for 8 cylinders).

Once the idle has stabilised it is time to start feeding in the gritteous medium (fine grain sand of less than 1mm diameter). The general rule is to simply pour the sand closely past the intake and let the engine vacuum draw in as much as it needs. You can catch the sand that isn't drawn in and reuse it. Carry out this process for about 5 minutes, then 2 minutes of an aqueous medium (tap water wil do but demineralised water is best) should be sprayed in as a mist........
    That article pretty much covers the ins and outs of home power porting and is all I have at hand right now.

Cheers.
    Last edited by YLD-16L; 24-07-2008 at 02:40 PM.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stan
    im goin to be running a power fc and quad throttles...
    wait.. so i can run quad throttles on my 4AG with just a powerfc??? omg silly me thinking i needed an aftermarket ecu.

you might wanna sell your 14,000rpm engines to the formula atlantic series, it would blow away their shitty 4A's.

btw, you are one of the most stupid people i have ever seen, second to the claw-bandit
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    you just earned a truckload of neg rep for that...

AW11 still rates as one of the best Chassis that Toyota has even built for a reason.

everyone else... please carry on tormenting this dreamer.
    Shane and Garth... love your work

can't wait to see this thing idling through the city at 4000 RPM.
    need a tissue ****?

lighten up hahaha
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

I have updated my above post with part of an article I have from 'Rod Gods Magazine' on power porting.

Definitely a good read.
    My KE25 thread

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Has that person from the article died from a toaster/bathtub related injury?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    Has that person from the article died from a toaster/bathtub related injury?
    Yeah RIP Kevin Jones.

It was a soldering iron in the bath though, he was uprating a turbo Zet in while in the bath and the soldering iron fell in

He was a pioneer though and his legacy will live on through projects like Stans.
    My KE25 thread

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    need a tissue ****?

lighten up hahaha
    all's fair re this guy's engine build but to the comment re the adub was uncalled for, and my comment expressed a much.

tissue would come in handy wiping away the tears of laughter on reading the rest of this thread though
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    all's fair re this guy's engine build but to the comment re the adub was uncalled for, and my comment expressed a much.

tissue would come in handy wiping away the tears of laughter on reading the rest of this thread though
    "wah wah some internet random thinks my car is ghey"

thats how I read it...
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Team Awesome Carport Converter Pimpin_1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    I have updated my above post with part of an article I have from 'Rod Gods Magazine' on power porting.

Definitely a good read.
    Definately a top read.
    1JZ MZ20 Soarer - 4AGZE KE70 Corolla - 4AGE AE86 - 4AGE KE70