Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: aw11 + sr20det

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

Default Re: aw11 + sr20det

Last edited by Admiral coFF33; 23-07-2008 at 04:36 PM.

Raastler Grease Monkey

Why not put a SR20DET in. Do it. Also, maybe you can fit a getrag box to it ?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

The SR won't take more than 13,000rpm due to its weak cam actuated rocker design so we ruled that option out on the first page of this thread.

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Yeah I reckon $3500 should cover it easy, did you factor in new thruskets for that price though?? Not really necessary items but on a high end build it's good peice of mind to do them while you are at it.
    Honestly I wouldn't bother with the high performance thruskets, an unnecessary way to spent a whole load of money...would blow your $3500 budget well over $4000, if you are intent however on spending around the $4000 mark I would suggest a chrome Johns hon rod for the oil pump and water pump...you will need 2 of them and they come in at around $210 trade price...much wiser spending money on them than the high performance thruskets as they are highly regarded as unnecessary in performance motor building circles.

the crower johns hon rods are generally the best of the lot out there...and if you have trouble with crower australia obtaining them then you will have to speak to the USA guys as crower dont make them for aussie motors such as 202's 308's and LS1's so they wont really have much of a clue in regards to finding them for your 4AGE...the americans will know exactly what you are talking about though.

hope this helps
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

4 x two stroke go kart motors should get you happening in the revs dept. I'd bolt them together with tek screws, build an airbox out of papier mache and traverse mount them using hot glue.

Don't worry about a gearbox, there is a new kit from Jaycar that allows the engine to communicate wirelessly with the wheels you would like to do the driving. Select from "fwd", "rwd", "4x4", and two special settings, "left wheel drive" and "right wheel drive". These last two settings negate the need for steering if you are able to make the changes to the settings with the required dexterity (If you have played a bit of xbox you should pick it up pretty fast).

Make sure you run it on 400 octane (you can get this by the following equation-> 400/98=4.09 so mix 4.09L of 98 octane with diesel to obtain 400 octane), with ignition set at 360 degrees.

On the compression ratio front, the static ratio should be the same as the number of secret herbs and spices, that is --> 11:1

Oh, and definitely use nitrogen in the tyres...............
    Last edited by af300e; 23-07-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

You guys are idiots. Seriously, nothing like what you are saying is necessary.

If you want reliability just stick with some high quality 2mm apex seals as they allow more flex than the 3mm ones. That should be enough.

Make sure you don't go past a mild extend port on the head though, as you may find idle quality lost.

Or throw the SR in there. The 3S is so rarely done correctly. At least with SR you can buy EVERYTHING off the shelf for it.

14,000rpm 4A?? AWESOME!! You might be able to make 150rwkW or something. Go back to never seeing a naked girl. Nothing you do to an AW11 will stop you looking like a f4g anyway. Hahahahaha.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    race bread
    Does anyone know where I can get some of this race bread? It sounds tasty.

Also, I look forward to seeing this 14,000rpm monster in action. The original poster clearly has a firm grip on reality and a sensible budget so I can see no reason it won't happen soon.

This thread is race bread

i.e. it's high in fibre and tastes like arse.

Race bred is discussed in other threads
    Last edited by YLD-16L; 23-07-2008 at 03:11 PM.

Show Us Your Tints Carport Converter Soarer_D00D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eeeyan View Post
    yeah jump start a planet sort of torque

Low rep 1st year Apprentice

Thumbs up Re: aw11 + sr20det

HMMMMM OK...

Want to share a few more details on the spec? So the cams have a 7500rpm power band and they kick in at 6500 - did you pick those revs because that's where the gze runs out of puff and you're planning on having the sc12 make grunt up until that point and then have the cams take over?

Are you going to run ge or gze pistons? Looking forward to seeing this progress!
    Well to start with i just wanted a motor that revs but then thought it will take way too long to get to that rpm so yes it does make sence to run the sc12, and as it is clutch drivin i can switch it off at a certain rpm with a simple relay setup. I will be running high comp ACL race series ge pistons (i can get acl gear cheap too if anyone is interested..) The high compression should not be too much of an issue on the right fuel and the right ecu being that i can knock heaps of timing out until the sc12 shuts off and the advance it after..

My mate who's knows a guy that builds race bread engines reckons for these types of high rpm race bread engines the best break-in procedure is on the instant it fires up to hold it WOT for 10 min on the limiter, it learns the engine that it will be a high rpm engine.
    Exactly my last build with the supercharger running 11.1 compression i basically started the car let it get to around 60 degrees water temp and reved it to around 7000rpm and droped the clutch in 2nd then banged third and held about a 300m power burnout on the limiter which is at 8700.. Oh and that motor is still running perfect...

I did some quick calcs for you Pimpin_1JZ based on a similar $3500 build to stan you could expect to see more power and more revs (obviously).

4AGE = 4 cylinder

4 cylinder = 14,000rpm

14,000/4 = 3,500rpm/cylinder

1JZ = 6 cylinder

6 x 3,500 = 21,000rpm

BUT!!!! The 1JZ is only 4 valve per cylinder.

4AGE 20v = 5V/cylinder

5 x 4 = 20V

14,000/20 = 700rpm/valve

1JZ = 4V/cylinder

BUT!!! there are 24 Valves!!!

24 x 700 = 16,800rpm

21,000rpm - 16,800rpm = 4,200rpm

4,200rpm/2 = 2,100rpm

16,800rpm + 2,100rpm = 18,900rpm

So from the above calculations based upon a $3500 build with wild cams and heaps of machining you'd expect to see a peak hp rpm of 18,900rpm on a 1JZ.

I'd suggest following stans idea and using a modest turbo to fill the void between idle and 7500rpm then let the cams work their magic from 7500rpm to 18,900rpm.

Cheers.
    No sorry but there are 2 extra cylinders on a 1j so therfore that 3500 '/. 4 x 6 equals 5250..
    And 18900rpm is a little far for the 1j without serious work i think...
    But still a 10000rpm 1j would still have my respect....

Why not put a SR20DET in. Do it. Also, maybe you can fit a getrag box to it ?
    Yes you can custom bellhousing mm or a sh#t hot 3sgte

4 x two stroke go kart motors should get you happening in the revs dept. I'd bolt them together with tek screws, build an airbox out of papier mache and traverse mount them using hot glue.

Don't worry about a gearbox, there is a new kit from Jaycar that allows the engine to communicate wirelessly with the wheels you would like to do the driving. Select from "fwd", "rwd", "4x4", and two special settings, "left wheel drive" and "right wheel drive". These last two settings negate the need for steering if you are able to make the changes to the settings with the required dexterity (If you have played a bit of xbox you should pick it up pretty fast).

Make sure you run it on 400 octane (you can get this by the following equation-> 400/98=4.09 so mix 4.09L of 98 octane with diesel to obtain 400 octane), with ignition set at 360 degrees.

On the compression ratio front, the static ratio should be the same as the number of secret herbs and spices, that is --> 11:1

Oh, and definitely use nitrogen in the tyres...............
    Get f#$ked, go find some 13year olds to perve on ya wan%er...

14,000rpm 4A?? AWESOME!! You might be able to make 150rwkW or something. Go back to never seeing a naked girl. Nothing you do to an AW11 will stop you looking like a f4g anyway. Hahahahaha.
    Oh but a 14000rpm the grond will vibrate and make many girls happy...
    Including af300e..

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

does toymods need sarcasm meter and an auto shutdown over school holidays?
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by stan
    Oh but a 14000rpm the grond will vibrate and make many girls happy...
    Including af300e..
    Actually, a slow revving, throbbing diesel would better suit me...........

What like a rodeo so you can fu@k some pigs in the back..
    Seriously if your not putting in positive comments dont bother posting..
    Some one put this guy on a holliday please...

Quote Originally Posted by stan
    Exactly my last build with the supercharger running 11.1 compression i basically started the car let it get to around 60 degrees water temp and reved it to around 7000rpm and droped the clutch in 2nd then banged third and held about a 300m power burnout on the limiter which is at 8700.. Oh and that motor is still running perfect...
    I'm preaching to the converted then!

Have you considered doing some power porting on this engine? Once it's running all you need is a about 0.2m^3 of sand to do the average 4 cylinder. Could easily be done while it's being broken in.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Hmm whats power porting sounds dodgy...