Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a quick hand from a mod please.

Deep Fried Backyard Mechanic ONETEN's Avatar

Default Need a quick hand from a mod please.

Hey guys,

A while ago i started a parts for sale thread selling off my corolla bits, and since march i have not been able to post in the thread, says i dont have permissions. I want to now bump my thread as some of its still for sale + i think a 3 month bump is warranted

I can still edit my posts in the thread but not add new ones, and this is the only thread on the site i am affected by like this. If a mod could sus it out for me i would greatly appreciate it, as i really wanna sell my gear

Link to thread:
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=669418

Thanks!
    Hayden
    Old School: 1971 Datsun 1200 Deluxe Coupe all original... yep factory twin cam turbo
    Daily: 2006 Hilux Dual Cab D4D 4WD

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: Need a quick hand from a mod please.

Hi,

This could be due to the fact that your reputation has now fallen down to 3.

Why has your rep dropped?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

damn, River is as fast as he is deep!!

hi hayden, i'm nto a mod, but i think your rep of 3 has lost you permission to post in sale threads..

http://www.toymods.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    the bit where it says
    Sticky: ***You Can't Post in this section until you have 30 Rep points. Refer Rules Above.***
    Lambolica
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/announcement.php?f=24

i thougth no bumping was also a rule, but apparnetly not

guess you need to stop losing rep then?
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 24-06-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Hey,

I posted my RX3 For sale and 2 people didnt like it (even though NO WHERE IN THE RULES IN THE FOR SALE THREAD does it specifically state you cannot do this) and those 2 neg reps took me from like 35 to 3. I know the title of the thread says "post your toyota or toyota engined for sale here" it doesnt actually say anything in the rules for that paticular thread. Bit of a misnomer IMO.

But this has been going on since before that anyhow, i thought at first it was because i had tried to reply too soon to the thread, and maybe some bump limit was affecting me, but now after 3 months i think something else is going on.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Old School: 1971 Datsun 1200 Deluxe Coupe all original... yep factory twin cam turbo

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    hi hayden, i'm nto a mod, but i think your rep of 3 has lost you permission to post in sale threads..

http://www.toymods.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24
    the bit where it says

http://www.toymods.net/forums/announcement.php?f=24

i thougth no bumping was also a rule, but apparnetly not

guess you need to stop losing rep then?
    you can bump sale threads, just not excessively.
    once every 3 months is not quite excessive.

unlike a certain red #A23 that seems to being bumped every half a day for the last 4 days...
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    you can bump sale threads, just not excessively.
    once every 3 months is not quite excessive.

unlike a certain red #A23 that seems to being bumped every half a day for the last 4 days...
    yeah thats the thing, i wasnt, all of a sudden i could no longer add replies to the thread. Im pretty sure i can still post replies to other for sale thread (havent tested this), just not create new ones due to my rep.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hcope86
    Hey,

I posted my RX3 For sale and 2 people didnt like it (even though NO WHERE IN THE RULES IN THE FOR SALE THREAD does it specifically state you cannot do this) and those 2 neg reps took me from like 35 to 3. I know the title of the thread says "post your toyota or toyota engined for sale here" it doesnt actually say anything in the rules for that paticular thread. Bit of a misnomer IMO.
    i think it is not a misnomer...

see...

if you call something toyotas for sale..

and then say toyotas or toyota engined cars for sale..

does there really need to be a specific rule for people that deliberately ignore the first two things that tell you that.. it might just be a place for selling toyotas or toyota powered cars?

Toyotas For Sale
    List your Toyota or Toyota engined vehicle for sale here.
    what part of that says mazda?
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

this is why i did not debate it in the beginning, like i said i feel its a bit of a misnomer as its not clearly stated in the rules, but the thread title states other wise. Since i usually follow rules i tend to make my decision based on them, and considering the absence of debated rule.... the rest is history.

I am a toyota enthusist and i do own toyotas and i am a toymods forum member but i do own other branded vehicles too. Therefore i felt it was OK to post it up, clearly not, which is cool. Just learnt from my mistakes. Hey, i wouldnt be the first to do it, maybe a rule couldnt hurt?

fair enough, but the title of the thread IS the rule...

ie, if there is an "engines for sale" section, you aren't going to try and sell seats there

anyway, make a contribution, get some rep, then you can post again.. easy

So thats the reason i cannot reply to my own thread? I need to test wether i can reply in other sale threads...

Maybe if some members get serious and come along to my trackday & have the best time of their driving lives ill score some more rep

Successfully replied to a thread in for sale section, same one as my original post:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?p=757945

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Maybe makes an ass out of u and me.

wait, thats assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Just to let you guys know, The rep factor did clear this up thanks for all the help lads!

I just have one more small querie, just been bugging me for some time and i might as well ask seeing as im here. IF you look at this link http://www.toymods.net/forums/search...earchid=648451 you can see search is able to find 118 posts by me, which sounds about right, but my official post count sits on 48 and doesnt seem to change. I am not really bothered with by postcount, its just if this is some terminal account illness id rather it was discovered sooner rather than later :O

Cheers

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Post count is based off posts in the General Car and Tech sections only. But searching will bring up all of them.

Its in the FAQ.

ah ok, cheers buddy

Consider my problems resolved