View Poll Results: should pictures be mandatory?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 72.00%
  • no

21 28.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CARS FOR SALE threads

The tractor Grease Monkey

Default Re: CARS FOR SALE threads

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    back in the good old days people actually looked at cars before they bought them.
    in the good old days you didnt have web forums so it wasnt an issue of people not posting pics in their for sale threads

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

+

= The Old days mms

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I'm not voting until you post a pic of a thread with a pic of a car forsale so I can see what you are talking about .

Agreed with Rod, people these days are lazy. I find the easiest way to weed out timewasters is to simply say call me on ........... if you have any questions. Talking to real actual people is scary so only those truly interested will call.

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

It is a bit frustrating but you guys are right,if you are keen then you will make the effort. I bought a 120k cressie off here sight unseen whilst everyone pissed about waiting for pics . What should be shut down or given 24hr clock is no price make an offer fs threads,im fsking sick of them.. I honestly have no freeking idea why people want to go through 7 pms to get close to a ball park figure of what they wanted in the first place. Name price or no thread,if you are unsure of its market value then search previous same prod threads and put up what you want.

cheers
    Nath
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Junior Member Carport Converter RAd28's Avatar

120k cressi? is that a typo?
    '77 RA28LT #2 ← 2.2L 18RG...

Quote Originally Posted by RAd28
    120k cressi? is that a typo?
    nah, thats how much they are worth now, they are rare, like GTHO's

ill sell you mine for just 100k!

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NORBY

ill sell you mine for just 100k!
    pics? 10 char
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    pics? 10 char
    i dont have access to a digital camera sorry, been busy at work, i will try and get some on the weekend from a mate.

How to tell the difference between an intersted buyer, and a tyre kicker...

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

well i think its the other way around; if you are too lazy to post a pic then i dont even consider your for sale advert.

ok for people with no camer, i didnt think of that but i have never once come across a for sale thread where pics havnt even been offered.

its either; "i have pics but too retarded to post", or "email me for pics (wtf?)" etc.

never seen someone sell a car online with absolutely no pics to show for it, if the guy was down the road then thats cool but we are talking australia wide here, im not going to fly to queensland just to have a first look, back in the 'good old days' you wouldnt be offering a car to someone from the other side of the country, but hey, welcome to the interwebs guys.

im not talking about forcing ppl to post a whole photo ablum, im just saying at least a font/side angle pic (like the celica above) to give you an idea of what you are about to spend your time thinking about.

and btw that thread is like 500 pages long and my first post about tupperware and ppl are having a go at me for it. its a legitimate gripe.

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAd28
    How to tell the difference between an intersted buyer, and a tyre kicker...

just because ppl are not currently looking or in need of a particular car, doesnt mean they dont have money to impulse buy something they really like the look of.

im not going to impulse buy a blank screen am i, thats pretty much the whole concept of impulse buying.

how many cars do you think ppl like rod would have bought off ebay ads with no picture?

are you telling me all his cars were a 'need' rather than a 'want'?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Pics are good because it takes away the subjective view of the seller. The amount of times I have looked at cars locally only just prior being told on the phone it's in "immaculate/perfect/mint" condition only to arrive to a rust bucket sitting under a pile of leaves.

Then you tell them their description was a little off and the retort is always "I meant for its age".

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

well... you don't HAVE to fly interstate to buy a car...

not everyone is a l33t or intarweb skillzored as you.. heck some people still use dialup
    not everyone has a digital camera.

almost everyone has a phone.
    everyone (on toymods) has a PM folder.

if you can't recognise the type of car from the model number, why would you be buying that kind of car?
    if you can't put in the effort to identify what an ME262 is, then why would the seller bother selling to you? you probably wouldn't even come around to look at the car...

how many cars will you buy this year PJ? ho wmuch of a loss it it for sellers to not have you consider buying their car?

back in the "old days" people bought these papery things called "trading posts" on a thursday or whatever. that morning they would READ many little adverts until they found the kind of car they were after.
    then they would CALL the person.. on the phone!!! of all things... and then ask some questions... then the buyer would decide if they wanted to have a furhter look at the car. if the seller was decent, then they would put the car "on hold" until the buyer came to have a look....

of course these days that sort of thing doesn't happen as much, but the intahwebs has made you lazy.
    a conversation with the owner (how much rust does it have?, are there any problems you have noticed" etc will tell you 100 times more than a grainy small intahweb picture....

ever think a thread without pics is a deliberate attempt to weed out the timewasters?

but of course, pictures are pretty and you will possibly attract more buyers etc....
    but you only need one non-ghey buyer..... and one non-ghey seller
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

If cars were considered impulse purchases they'd be lining the checkout aisles of every supermarket (with no pictures).

I don't think photos would overly deter someone like rod... he knows his cars, he knows what questions to ask to get the answers he wants...

so far i've bought 2 celicas off these forums with out seeing photos... both were better then i expected... like Nath said... while other people were dicking around waiting for photos, i was transferring cash... genuinly interested buyer wins. tyre kicker looses

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

making a rule about posting pictures in a for sale thread is like making a law that you can't molest your sister/brother.

everyone knows you shouldn't molest your sister/brother and it is a sad time when there needs to be a LAW to punish people who breach that law (which is the only reason to have laws and rules anyway)

everyone knows that pictures are of benefit if you are trying to sell many things.. but if you only have 1 for sale, you only need 1 buyer.. an interested one... and there shouldn7t need to be a rule to make sure that people put pictures in.

surely you can just sit back and think grumpily to yourself "well, they've just lost another sale from me" if that makes you happy?

what punishment are you proposing to impose on those people that post a for sale thread without pictures?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!