Thread: window regulator

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default window regulator

My sons AE101 Levin needs a new drivers side window (power) regulator. Does any one know if one from a local corolla will fit? thanks

Steve

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Default Re: window regulator

Don't quote me on this but im pretty sure window requlators (the motor things) are often similar between different makes of cars. i had a swift window motor in my corolla for a while cause i was lazy and it was lying around when mine broke and it was identical bolting up and plugging in. the only problem was it want up when i hit down and down when i hit up. Corolla to Corolla should be the same, just rip it out for a comparison and go to your local wrecker.

LeeRoy
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Classic Not Plastic Domestic Engineer ace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LeeRoy
    Don't quote me on this but im pretty sure window requlators (the motor things) are often similar between different makes of cars. i had a swift window motor in my corolla for a while cause i was lazy and it was lying around when mine broke and it was identical bolting up and plugging in. the only problem was it want up when i hit down and down when i hit up. Corolla to Corolla should be the same, just rip it out for a comparison and go to your local wrecker.
    lol thats awseome, but couldn't you have just wired up the switches in the wrong way?
    Last edited by ace; 03-03-2006 at 05:38 PM.
    My TA22
    Quote Originally Posted by gianttomato about new cars
    Yeah sure, it goes alright and it's got air conditioning, cup holders and automatic tampon removers, but where's the charm?

That's kinda funny in a sense cause i got the wires and figured that if i reverse the way the electricity is going in it will switch the direction but it didnt. spent a little time taking it out and modifying wires then soldering then more time to put it back in only to find nothing changed - Damn thing still went up instead of down and down instead of up. Chances are i fiddled with the wrong wires but i was so over it by now i just left it in for like 6mths. Its fixed now but it was a mad spin out for people when they went to put the window down/up.

I dont know if you mean did i maybe screw up or not but the plugs between both regulators were identical and could only go one way.

LeeRoy

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic sw20r's Avatar

these are about $280 new from toyota

I dont think so.. as the local aexxx corollas have shorter doors/windows compared to the levins

Yeh but the motors are a pretty generic item, its the arms and the length and positioning of them inside the door that governs travel. The motor only moves the arms. I'm open to correction but i'd say that its worth a look - better than paying $280.

LeeRoy

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

In my experience my GF has a '94 Toyota Corolla Sprinter(Jap Import), I'm not sure of the chassis code it's an AE something.....and the regulator was different to that of the locally delivered corollas that were the same shape(bug eyed ones).

Toyota wanted $600 for one

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic cptsideways's Avatar

I've got a pair here from a GZ20 I'm the uk but happy to post em out. Mail me for part no's etc & pics etc