Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's MA61 7MGTE Conversion

Kamber King Conversion King Negative Boost's Avatar

Default Sam's MA61 7MGTE Conversion

G'day guys. Well this is it. The start of my 7MGTE conversion. I've already started stripping parts off the motor like the mounts, auto box, exhaust and some other brackets and mounts so the 5M engine mounts fit on. I started on the wiring today, just labelling all the plugs and getting my head around whats what and where everything goes. Im using the wiring diagram off Andy's website which is proving to be really helpful but i did come across come problems which i need some help with. Okay quite a few. Just so everyone knows the 7MGTE came out of an 86 Mk3 supra with digital dash and all features. Top of the line so to speak.

1. This is the first. The plug on the left is the plug that goes to the airflow meter. The white 2 pin plug on the right however i do not know where that goes or what it does. Somebody know?

2.The plug circled, i dont know what this is, i havnt seen this on the wiring diagrams anywhere and im stumped. Do i just not use this plug or what is it?

3. This is the diagnostics block on the left. The plug on the right however i do not know where it goes. Anyone know?

4. This is the real problem. On the left we have the Turbo pressure sensor with a 3 pin plug out. I couldn't find any 3 pin plug to suit on my wiring loom or in the diagrams. Mounted to the Turbo Pressure Sensor is the fuel pump resister? and on the right im guessing is the Fuel pump relay? So another problem here, theres 2, 4 pin round plugs but i can only find 1, 4 pin round plug on the loom as pictured above.

5. This is the alternater. As you can see the plug has been cut off so i need to know which wire is which? Like black = Pin1, Yellow = Pin2...

6. The plug circled, i dont know what this is, i havnt seen this on the wiring diagrams anywhere and im stumped. Do i just not use this plug or what is it?

7. The plug circled is neighbours with B1 and M1. Using andy's diagrams, i was thinking that C1 should also be with B1 and M1. But the plug pictured as C1 on the diagrams isnt the one pointed out above. Has anyone seen this plug before? Can anyone help me here.

8. Last one, i've looked through the TSRM but couldnt find anywhere where they tell you how to remove a flywheel and torque converter.

Thanks for you help in advance.
    Sam

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Default Re: Sam's MA61 7MGTE Conversion

1. goes to steering box for speed sensitive power steering (you dont need it)
    2. Goes to heater solenoid thing that lets the water into the core (MA61 has a little coil near the bonnet gas strut that does the same job, you dont need that plug)
    3. Goes to injector resistor, MA61 unit is same unit but plugs wont fit, get an MA70/MZ20 job
    4. see answer to 3, thats the inj. resistor. Dont bother with the boost sensor, I binned it with my conversion and so has everyone else I know thats done one, unless youre running stock boost its not going to do anything anyway.
    5. Alternator wires in an MA61 are the same colours, just re-rout them to the correct (passenger) side of the car and wire up.
    6. No idea, looks like a fuse though
    7. Cant remember
    8. Brace the crank with something from front of engine (19mm socket on breaker bar works well) Undo the bolts holding torque converter to ring gear with a 14mm ring spanner, undo bolts holding ring gear to crank. Too easy
    Last edited by whatthe?; 27-02-2006 at 11:46 PM.
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Mad****** Grease Monkey FASTFOO's Avatar

OK First pic plug is to the power steer rack.
    Pic 2 I think is the A/C high low pressure switch (in the a/c pipes)
    Pic 3 is the injector ressitor pack plug (the ressiter pack you have pictured later)
    Pic 4 boost sensor plug should be near ressiter pack, the fuel pump relay and fuel pump ressister come off the car loom on the rh side.
    Pic 5 alt wiring black/yellow = ign 12V , yellow = charge light , white = voltage sensing (battery)
    Pic 6 not sure but I think maybe earth's if they are white with black trace?
    Pic 7 not sure agian but I think it may be A/C control box (a/c amp)
    Pic 8 Look at the flywheel (driveplate) from umer the engine

Hope this helps.
    MATT.

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Damn you guys are fast.

I would have thought 1 and 2 would have been for TEMS, interesting to find out the real uses.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Awsome, thanks a heap guys. You have been rewarded.

Just a few more questions though...
    1. The injector resistor pack is the thing attachted to the boost sensor in picture no. 4 correct?
    2. If i cant find the wire plug to the boost sensor, will the car still run fine without it? I'm only going to run stock boost and also planning on using a gauge to keep an eye on things.

I'm still uncertain about the plug in no. 6. But i will take a better picture 2moro and put that up which should help things. Do have any idea anyways cruzida?

Thanks again
    Sam

1. yes
    2. yes

You guys are just too good Thanks

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

No idea on plug 6.
    I just checked my Gen2 loom and it doesn't have that plug.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

I thought those first plugs would be TEMS also. My Gen2 loom had them either side near the suspension, if it was power steering, I thought it would only be one one side.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

My MZ20 has had the TEMS removed, but as far as I can tell it was part of the car loom that attached to it. After just changing the 7M in the car I can safely say that I had no left over engine loom plugs and everything works where it is.
    Also, on my MA61 convo I dont use the first 2 plugs listed above or the boost sensor and it all works well too

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

the map sensor is just for the gauge in the ma70

Quote Originally Posted by ViPeR_NiPPleX
    the map sensor is just for the gauge in the ma70
    Didn't think it could be too important, my MZ20 doesnt even have one!

Think ive found what this plug is. Im pretty sure its C1, the plug that goes to the main EFI relay. As the wire colours are as follows, B-R, B-Y, B-O and W-B. Taking a look at the wiring diagrams below for the Mk3. The same 4 wire colours go into the Main EFI Relay. So i think ive found my C1. Can anyone confirm?

Checked my mz20 loom this arvo for you, there is a yellow plug (not exactly the same as the one pictured, but similar) branching out from where the inj resistor, igniter etc come out of the loom. What it plugs into heads off to underneath the fuse box which is where my efi main lives so you could be on the right track there.
    In my supra that plug has been removed and my efi main resides inside the car near the ecu

Cheers, thanx for that.

Is it true that if you dont use the MK3 fuel pump relay and resistor, all you have to do is jump pins 1 and 2 on the 5M air flow meter plug?