Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam's MA61 7MGTE Conversion

Kamber King Conversion King Negative Boost's Avatar

Default Re: Sam's MA61 7MGTE Conversion

Yeh, thats it. Looks almost like a weld that has gone wrong and it sticks out maybe 1mm out from the head.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Well, both that I cleaned had that and worked fine afterwards, I wouldnt worry about it too much
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Cheers, thanks for that

Well i got to drive it home today! Gee it feels different and it didnt help that i didn't have any exhaust on it either. The diffs shot to pieces and does not work with the clutch you gave me either Matt so its diff rebuild time. Don't worry though, the clutch is great. The diff just dosnt like it.
    The iscv valve didnt fix the dodgy idle and im getting a terrible squeal/whistle somewhere around the turbo particulary under load but it boosts fine... I'll have to get a downpipe made up for it though first before i diagnose it properly as i dont particulary like starting the engine without an exhuast as its horribly loud and the neighbour has a young kid next door.
    Pics up soon

Junior Member Domestic Engineer urantia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Boost
    im getting a terrible squeal/whistle somewhere around the turbo particulary under load but it boosts fine.
    yucky i don't want to hear that sam
    That turbo should not be crapped out on ya, last time i felt the shaft play on that turbo it was tight as a nuns .... no play what so ever, always smooth when i had it. Tho i know with my 1jz depending how the bov is hooked up makes a much different turbo noise but it's always a clean whistle not a metallic turbine blades making contact with the turbo housing noise like my step dads turbo diesel. Fingers crossed this is not the case for you! and that when you get the exuast sorted out it sounds like it should.

I had a feeling the ISCV wasn't the source of the idle problem only becuase it was perfectly fine idle wise when i had it, and that it shouldn't of suddenly started playing up on you. I have had heaps of idling probs with the 1jz and also multiple celica's. Ranging from wrongly routed vac hoses involving the charcoal canister, to air in the cooling system playing funnies with the iscv, also wiring issues and a dead alternator all cuasing funny idle issues for me.

I reckon once you can get codes from the ECU that you will know where to look for the problem.

I will have to pull my glove box out and see which ma70 body loom wire was the check engine light becuase it was different to anything on the internet i could find.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    97 Hiace AWD Super Custom 1kz turbo diesel (sold)
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Cheers mate. Yup im not sure what the problem is. I checked the shaft play aswell and it was tIght too. I'll have to rip the intake off 2moro and check the blades, see if they're alright. I think i heard a hint of compressor surge when i got it up onto boost also which i thought was odd. That might be the factory bov playing funnys on me yes? I went for a drive in a 7MGTE MA61 just yesterday and that didn't have these funny noises i'm getting.

the bov was real quite for me barely audible just a real faint PSSSh should be heard when letting off the throttle off boost. But the whole operation was real smooth. Spose you checked for cracks in those tiny hoses that go to the recirulating bov arn't leaking air/split.

I'm at a loss about these noises your hearing, i'll have to come down for a trip and hear it for myself maybe and see if there the same as i remeber.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Quote Originally Posted by urantia
    I'm at a loss about these noises your hearing, i'll have to come down for a trip and hear it for myself maybe and see if there the same as i remeber.
    Heck, that'd be handy mate and much appreciated if you do come down.

The pipes arn't split or anything to the recirclating bov. So i'm at a loss. I'll have have to pull everything apart tommorow and start from scratch checking over everything.
    If i cant fix this idle issue i'll be taking the car down to Griffiths Automotive. My dad knows the bloke who owns it and they build Targa cars, so they should be able to diagnose it. Dont really want it to come to that though.

yeah usually something real simple and overlooked.

Having no down pipe on it sure would free things up abit tho maybe that is the cuase of all these noises hope that's all it is.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4

The new engine AND the dash have 150,000km's on it! What are the chances of that

Well i'll be blown! thats rare man! ment to be. (or did you wind your tacho back to a nice even 150,000km? lol)

that ma60 is looking fine! much finer since i last saw it!!
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

haha, the odds of it being 150,000km on the dash by coincidence is slim and none. Nice one Sam Much easier to keep tabs on engine servicing. Just wow at the paintjob, I love it... I have blue envy

Haha, cheers mate. Yup, the chances of that are slim to none.

I find it most ammusing that you have blue envy. The only blue in those pics you can see is, half of the bonnet, and the drivers door. All the front end is painted spray can gloss black to cover up all that crap red primer paint, hehe.

Oh and another thing thats wierd with this wierd up and down idle problem is that when i was cruising down the highway towards home i could chuck it into 5th and take my foot off the accelerator and it would cruise along at a steady speed for me... Not happy. Especially when i was in gear going around a slow corner, foot on brake and it decided to give it some juice! I was like whoa nelly! Steady girl!

HHeLiBeBCNOFNeNaMgAlSiPS Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Boost
    Oh and another thing thats wierd with this wierd up and down idle problem is that when i was cruising down the highway towards home i could chuck it into 5th and take my foot off the accelerator and it would cruise along at a steady speed for me... Not happy. Especially when i was in gear going around a slow corner, foot on brake and it decided to give it some juice! I was like whoa nelly! Steady girl!
    I see the problem. There appears to be a large piece of p00 in your engine bay.

HTH
    you know what I mean this electric stream
    and my tears in league with the
    wires and energy and my machine
    this is my beautiful dream