Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emission reading for 1JZ

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Hengsta's Avatar

Default Emission reading for 1JZ

hey guys just wondering if anyone knows what the factory emissions reading suppose to be on the 1JZ?

Cheers
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Default Re: Emission reading for 1JZ

If its for engineering and the engine is completely stock with all emission gear, then you dont need as you can use the fact that engine (well car equipped with that engine) this is allowed to be imported through SEVS.

Got this info from Ribfeast's engineering report

Whats all the emission gears??

Just trying to get the engine registered to the car and i need all this crap done before i do it.
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hengsta
    Whats all the emission gears??
    For a 1jz that would be the Chracol canister, and maybe the PCV? I would think.

I can't think of any other emissions gear fitted to a 1jzgte

Cheers
    Wilbo

Generally involves factory ecu, intake (generally enclosed would be ok if not 'exactly' the same), intercooler (may be able to get away with a 'similar' unit), all EFI gear (charcoal canister, FPR, injectors, using ULP incl sticker and restrictor - but if its your soarer then that should be fine) and legal oil breathing setup.

For emissions, the report only mentions factory ecu and cat convertor are required to meet the ADR so check before you go and install all the other stuff which could cause quite a headache.

Exhaust is generally ok as long as you have a cat and noise tested which is less than or equal to 90dB but unsure what speed that is (test place should know or engineer could advise).

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Yep cat as well

Cheers
    Wilbo

ohk so that means i cant get through with an pod filter? I got a after market intercooler would i be able to get through with that? EFI gear is all there except for a hose running to the top of the charcoal canister anyone knows what hose goes into it? oil breathing is standard aswell.

At the moment my cat is empty lol but have now found one to replace it. so thats done. Got standard ecu just the wiring im abit scared would they care about the wiring? might have to clean it up abit lol.

Im sure the car wont be over the 90db cause its got a standard exhaust in it if it does then fuck knows what to do.

well the fucking fag who defected me told me to rev the car at 3200rpm so i think thats the rpm you have to rev it to.

Cheers for the help guys +rep
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83

rpm would have to do with engine type. for formula sae it has to do with a certain piston speed and vary between configurations (not much variance between same cylinder count) so i would hazard it would be based off a generic 6 cyl.

Or it could be a percentage of max rpm.

Ribfeast got his engineered with a intercooler so shouldnt be a problem for emissions and as long as its fitted with decent mounts. as for a pod filter, it would need to be enclosed enough so you wont get it defected (i dont know if a panel on top just meerly hiding it is sufficient). i dont think wiring would be an issue as long as it works - they may get you to prove that its actually connected to that ecu. ie: unplug it and try to start - if you do that make sure you disconnect the battery first!.

Yeahh apparetly for a db reading all 6 cyl revs to 3200rpm im not quite sure on this though. but as the cop defected me hes like your sure its a 6cyl im like yes im sure it is cant you see it your self? ahah dumb fucking cop.

Yeahh the intercooler is mounted very tight lol. hrmm i might just have to put in a stock air filter then.

yeah i will give the wiring abit of cleaning up.

May i ask why you have to disconnect the battery first? like do i disconnect the battery before i disconnect the plugs?
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83

Dont know the exact reason (apart from to protect from damage - dont know how it would be damaged either) but in all manuals i have seen they say to disconnect the battery first.

Better to be safe than sorry though.

Zub Zub Domestic Engineer Gavatron's Avatar

Also, don't think everything big zop has said applies here in SA. SA has the stupidest, most moronic laws regarding to modification.
    || 91 MX83 Cressida Grande 1JZGTE - Daily || 84 MA61 Supra 2JZGE - Track ||

^^ True well i guess i have to tell the Regency guys that before they jump to it.

BTW: cant seem to rep you mate not sure how to lol cough noob cough haha
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83

Zub Zub Domestic Engineer Gavatron's Avatar

Whichever post you wanna rep will have a little set of scales to the top right of the post, next to the post number. Click it.
    || 91 MX83 Cressida Grande 1JZGTE - Daily || 84 MA61 Supra 2JZGE - Track ||

Quote Originally Posted by Gavatron
    Also, don't think everything big zop has said applies here in SA. SA has the stupidest, most moronic laws regarding to modification.
    +1 LOL

Gavan, you know much about the emissions and all that jazz getting the engine registered to the car???
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83

yeahh i have click on that but it says something like i have to rep other people before i rep that person.
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83