Thread: T series Diff

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Question T series Diff

hi all. \

Just installed the corona/ pug/ hilux brake conversion into my old mans ke70 running an injected 2tg.

now we found that we have no rear brakes. currently using a 15/16 master cylinder. wanting to convert to disc to use hydro handbrake and able to run 13" rims for bitto motorkhanas.

was wondering
    A. Have any others have similar brake problem??? (i can stand on the brake pedal while in gear and not even change the engine rpm.

B. How have others converted the t series drum to disc.. ( not using corona disc set up. want to be able to run 13" std steel rims)

Thanks Willie

Junior Member Grease Monkey frag_dog's Avatar

Default Re: T series Diff

I'm pretty certain that having a hydrolic handbrake is illegal. You would need to at least have both a hydrolic and a cable handbrake for it to come close to passing an engineer.

The reason I was why told you cannot use a hydrolic handbrake is because it wont be able to hold the pressue for an extended period of time. If you park on a hill, you can see how this would be an issue.

toyota-less Carport Converter skiddz's Avatar

A. yes need a bigger MC a 2003-6 camry mc should fit, assuming the samebolt pattern as a ta22 booster

b ive done a sonata upgrade on the rear, the rear calipers and disks from a V6 sonata 02 onwards i think... bu its an integrated handbrake and readily available i can send you a cad file of the brackets i made up, might foul on the shocks though depends where it is all located on the ke70
    2T out 4A in....

4A out 3VZ in. 3vzfe rebuild, RWD-ising, and conversion for ta22

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

yes you are highly correct in the fact that hydro handbrake's are illegal. but as this car isn't registered it doesn't need to be engineered.. and RTA wouldn't pass it even if i tried.

the bit I'm unsure on is that i had those struts in my AE71 with the same MC and brake pipes splitter etc although i am running the ae86 disc T diff, and i have got good bias...