Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4agte clutch setups

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Default Re: 4agte clutch setups

I'm trying to find something that'll hold up to a tiny bit of hard driving otherwise being as streetable as possible, keep the pedal effort within reason. I have no idea what combination would work at all if anyone has any suggestions and what costs would be?
    Mine has been going strong for 3 years behind 165 -170rwkw and it's as nice to drive as a stock clutch in a new car. Mine is only 200mm too. I don't do many K's but it gets plenty of track time and other driving events etc.

My mate has put nearly 100,000km on his and he makes over 180rwkw, drives it every day as its his only car and it's still going fine too. His has higher clamp load than mine and has a heavy pedal but it's obviously liveable. His is 212mm.

We both run brass button sprung centre, I have about 2300lbs clamp load and his is around 2750lbs.

My current clutch is the only one of four I have tried that has lasted more than 12 months Most lasted much less.

I would use a 212mm setup if I didn't have a Dellow housing which didn't even fit a 200mm clutch to begin with

I've tried unsprung centres a couple of times too and while a little harsh they were fine for limited street use.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Jim Berry modified /uprated clamp Fiat x19 (1.5ltr) 190mm pressure plate with a 3 button clutch , 300rwhp be in the car 8 years no worries . went this way due to alot less rotating mass in the pressure plate .

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I had similar problems to YLD-16L, i just took the easy way out and got a twin-plate

But i've tried heavy-duty (dead at 140rwkw), brass-button (dead at 180rwkw), then some kind of "carbotic" clutch that handled 210ish, but that thing was breaking my left leg haha

Seamus

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

metal or organic faces on the twin?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!