Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

im thinking he needs to buy a D/S door handle to drive his car so it's extremely relevant

ive paid for stuff that never got posted nor did i recieve a refund but hey thats life and if they ever need my help they can go and get F....D

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

ive sold everything from cars, motorbike, diffs, on here and never once had a problem, also buy alot of stuff,

toymods and ebay are pretty much my trading post

saying that i do have trouble getting to the post office to post some things also.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Guys,

If your having trouble, Email or pm one of us mods with all details, copies of pm etc.

We won't be naming people publically I wouldn't think but we have the power to cantact the person on your behalf.

We will help as much as we can but we can't do that if we are not made aware of the problem.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

PM'd you kirsty.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Hengsta's Avatar

Howdy lads,

Someone locked my other thread so yeah here we go.

THIS IS A COPY BUT ITS ABOUT SIMULAR ISSUE.

I was wondering how I would go about raising an matter of an undelivered item from a member on this site. We agreed on the price and I deposited the money into his account. He received the $$$ as he sent me a PM to advise me of this and that the item was being posted the next day. Fast forward two weeks and it hadn't shown up so I sent him a PM asking him if he had sent it. He said that it have came back to him cause of my address was smudged away. He then told me that he re sent it 2 and half weeks ago. So I waited untill this day and still nothing. Its now been over a month to send something from NSW to Adelaide go figure. I sent him another PM not long ago and couple days later i checked he was actively was set on the day after i sent him that PM and still havnt got a PM back from him.

The item i have brought from this dude costed me $350. Maybe if it wasnt worth that much yes i will forget about it but this item i purchase was important to me and would have spent that $350 else where by now.

If anyone in NSW can help me out to find this guy that be ace. If want more details PM me.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Heng
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.

tilting at windmills Carport Converter Ben Wilson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da_horse
    i once sent a member some parts, and told them the parts are free, just pay for postage. i never got paid the postage and when i asked for it to be DD, the reply was sorry i don't trust DD. postage was around $20 as they were quite heavy parts. not doing that again.
    I've always used COD for those sort of deals. Once the package is in the mail, it's the recipients problem..
    Strange things are afoot at the circle K

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

unless they don7t bother to pick up.... they you have the option of paying for freight back
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

Well, Ive recieved a PM from my seller and hes supposed to be sending my unit ASAP. Lets see what happens.....

Thanks to toymods for chasing the fella up.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

on a more positive note. i recently was in urgent need of an ignitor for my motor, i transfered the money to the seller and was impressed that he was happy to send it prior to seeing the money in his account. i also have had somewhat bad dealings with some members but overall things seem to work themselves out. (i am not implying this would happen in all circumstances)

just thought i would point out that this trust still exists in these forums.
    This is still a majorly friendly, helpful and honest community.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

That is a good point. This is very much a quality community with respectable trustworthy members. However in any group of 10000 or so people some of them are going to be from the bottom of the barrel.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

That's right Josh, between this forum and the old one I have bought and sold on here for about 5 years and have only now had my first problem with a sale.

Pretty damn good really.

Junior Member Grease Monkey gargoyleman's Avatar

Well after reading this thread 1 day after posting a part to someone it has been a week and they have gone quiet no money recieved as of yet, this is my 1st time buying or selling and may be my last if no money or part is returned, i thought this sight and these people could be trusted but have doubts now. I could have kept this part for a spare but thought i would help him out, as it is hard to get, i don't need the money. and will send info to you kristy if no reply by the end of month so far dissapointing.hopefully worried for nothing had to have my say as is very frustrating when they go quiet.

No Worries at all.

Don't jump to to many conclusions just yet,
    Sometimes life just gets busy for people. I know it's a bit worring atm with these few complaints but These have been investigated and dealt with in the best way possible, and so far with reasonable outcomes.
    Just keep ANY correspondence between you and the buyer so if it doesn't work out for you when we have as much information as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    That is a good point. This is very much a quality community with respectable trustworthy members. However in any group of 10000 or so people some of them are going to be from the bottom of the barrel.
    I agree,
    Out of the hundreds of sales that have happened here, for 3 or 4 problems to happen is still an extremely good ratio, IMO.

The Bling Garage Mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Wildsupra's Avatar

ive had many many sales and purchases with very few hiccups, none that havent been resolved, but one thing that does piss me off very much is when someone says they will take an item, my response is always here's my bank details, when you deposit the money send me a pm with your address and it will be posted once the funds appear in my account. Then a day or so later i recieve their address (but not much else in the PM) and NEVER recieve the money, then when i question when they put it in cos i dont seem to have it yet, they turn around and say ohh i changed my mind. Well thankyou very fukn much for letting me know, cos usually i have it all packaged up ready to go when the funds are recieved for quick postage times.

Thats my GRRR for the day.

Matty