Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

i wonder if he was too busy racing instead of forum dwelling?

meh, i sent him reminder PM... fark knows why when you could just freekin call him
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

sanchez, Old saying mate, "in God we trust, everybody else pays cash". the person you dealt with had a couple of hundred rep points (when I checked)... not a great deal in the big scheme of things.
    This isnt Ebay, and rep points are given by other members for a helpful, informative or funny posts (amongst other things). Not for the number of successful transactions... and are a better indicator of technical knowledge, a sense of humour and good (net) manners.

I am a skeptical sort of person so the rep count would want to be pretty high before I would take thier word (10k plus points)... even then it would have to be someone who I judge to be a decent person through following (and interacting with) thier posts... IE getting to know them.
    My rep should be over 2000 (unless I have went and put my foot in my mouth ) , yet I have had not one financial transaction with another member...
    Hope it all works out for you.

the Afterbirth Tycoon Automotive Encyclopaedia PlacentaJuan's Avatar

since most people use rep to judge a persons character, and using it to trust people here in financial transactions, maybe admins could get rid of their rep when they rip someone off?

if the matter is in dispute then at least temporarily take it to zero (i know you can lock their for sale threads too this is a good idea until the matter has been resolved)

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

When we remove rep, it gets freshed by the system. So, there must be a different way to remove someone's rep that invovled a higher level of authorisation or something.

But the rep system is abused and does not reflect the technical ability, or trustworthy sales of an individual. Rep is given by people who like what others post, whether it be humourous, technical or for a good sale - and therefore does not reflect the "character" of a person.

When we move across to the hew hardware/Web-Host, we will soon upgrade to the latest forum software, which offers more flexibility for rep/ban points and other nice things. Maybe a great culling of current rep points will be needed, and we start afresh again.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Captain Insano Grease Monkey sanchez's Avatar

i've retracted my post about being ripped off. looks like it's been more of a misunderstanding more than anything. thanks for all the advice though, i appreciate it
    1GGTE powered AE86
    JZX100 Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    dude he is in darwin...you could use cocaine powered monkeys to move your car and the RTA wouldnt care

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Was about to say, I've bought stuff off KE25_Racer/Troy before, didn't have any problems whatsoever. Then again, I did pay cash on pickup, so that minimises the chance of any possible dramas.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice 2TG KE35's Avatar

As stated previously I was owed money from september squall.

I made a parts deal with him insted of the cash he owed me.

And its been about 3 weeks and I still haven't received anything in the mail.

Also no conformation whether or not anything has been sent as I can get a reply from him via sms email msn.

I Pity The Grease Monkey the-chief's Avatar

pickup and cash is the only fool proof way... having had these problems previously myself i tend not to worry about shiping and all that as there is no actual garuntee..

unforunatley not all parts are available locally so i prefer just to wait till sumthing comes up

pickup and cash all the way