Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

Default Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Hi

I was wondering how I would go about raising an matter of an undelivered item from a member on this site. We agreed on the price and I deposited the money into his account. He received the $ as he sent me a PM to advise me of this and that the item was being posted the next day. Fast forward two or three weeks and it hadn't shown up so I sent him a PM asking him if he had sent it. No response. So I wait another few weeks and still nothing. Its now been over a month to send something from Brisbane to Sydney go figure. I sent him another PM which I definitely know he got as I used the PM confirmation thing. No response again. He has recent activity as of yesterday so its not a case of never getting the PMs.

As it turns out I no longer need the item and it was only $15 but thats not the point its the principle of it. I feel ripped off. I haven't named names yet and haven't created a fuss in any of his threads but what are my options. Am I allowed to warn others of this in his for sale threads?

Thanks
    Stidnam

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Hi,

Send an email to the Board ([email protected]) with all the information you have and we will look into it.

Legally there is not much we can do, but we will try to do what we can. No one likes to be ripped off.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Hmm, I am in the same situation but change the problem to the fact I sent the item to the buyer and recieved no payment, no PM and no further contact.

Great isn't it

I won't be troubling Toymods with my problem but the bloke is a member and from now on I will just be less trusting.

Sad really.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Yep, it is sad and pretty piss weak.

Still, YLD, you could let the Board know just so we can keep an eye on these people and remove them from the forums if they are ripping people off.

Think of the other people who could be warned beforehand that the person they are dealing with is unreliable.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    I won't be troubling Toymods with my problem but the bloke is a member and from now on I will just be less trusting.

Sad really.

Especially as you hadn't 'lent' me your wallet yet.

Man that was gonna be sweet..
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by river
    Hi,

Yep, it is sad and pretty piss weak.

Still, YLD, you could let the Board know just so we can keep an eye on these people and remove them from the forums if they are ripping people off.

Think of the other people who could be warned beforehand that the person they are dealing with is unreliable.

seeyuzz
    river
    Cheers River and I will let you guys know, I'd just like to get some sort of response from the bloke first though. Short of butting into one of his for sale threads I might not get one?

I'll PM you the details River so you guys can keep an eye on things.

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Hmm, I am in the same situation but change the problem to the fact I sent the item to the buyer and recieved no payment, no PM and no further contact.

Great isn't it

Sad really.
    i told you the blow-up-doll is in the mail
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

Junior Member Carport Converter

Whilst we have a rep system, which is all good to keep people in check with their posts etc.

Why don't we also have a trader rating system?... good rep doesn't always mean they are a good seller/buyer.

drunken escapades Conversion King fatboy13's Avatar

Like on supraforums where it shows how many times you have sold/bought... then a percentage rating of positive/negative...
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    watching a bunch of supraforums members try to debate something technical is like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a doorknob...

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

because toymods is not a trading site it is a technical forum.
    having "trader ratings" to encourage people to join to sell things.. is not what toymods is about (afaik)
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

drunken escapades Conversion King fatboy13's Avatar

it doesnt necessarily encourage people to join... it just means we can all be more aware of what people are like to deal with on here...

Theres enough stuff for sale on the site that itd be a worthwhile addition, plus as if people dont already join just to throw something up for sale in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    watching a bunch of supraforums members try to debate something technical is like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a doorknob...

Once a month passes (more than a generous amount of time I think) and I send my third PM if I still get no response then I'll post the users details in my signature to warn others.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

if they have been logging on in the meantime.. that sounds fair

fatboy, part of the idea of having a relatively closed forum was to weed out the wankers.
    if someone is still willing to try and rip people off, even tho there details are known to toymods board, and can be forwarded to police if necessary... well they suck.

hopefully each person shoudl take it upon themselves to determine if someone is trustworthy or not.

the "trader ratings" would be just as open to abuse as the rep system, with kiddies bumping up each others ratings etc...
    in the end it would only reward the people who buy/sell many things, as opposed to those who buy/sell few items.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    Yep on here daily tending to their for sale ads So time to reply is not an excuse.

In all the years on here I have never had an issue with a sale, that built up my trust in the generally great people on here.

This is just one bad transaction so it's just a reality check for my trusting nature.

Junior Member Carport Converter

Hmm you do raise some good points below. Police involvement 4TW!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas

fatboy, part of the idea of having a relatively closed forum was to weed out the wankers.
    if someone is still willing to try and rip people off, even tho there details are known to toymods board, and can be forwarded to police if necessary... well they suck.

hopefully each person shoudl take it upon themselves to determine if someone is trustworthy or not.

the "trader ratings" would be just as open to abuse as the rep system, with kiddies bumping up each others ratings etc...
    in the end it would only reward the people who buy/sell many things, as opposed to those who buy/sell few items.