Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

I know it has been mentioned that toymods doesn want to publicly name the people but dont you think naming them publicly might not only deter the people from ripping other off (becuase they know they can get away with it) It will also give other toymodder a chance not to deal with people who have and will rip others off..

I do agree that out of all the sales and members it is a VERY small percentage where things go wrong but how many times have those same people done the same thing. In one of the post the guy said if it wasnt $350 he would have let it go. That just leaves the guy to rip someone else. If it was $50 and he let it go and the guy does it a handful of times the guys way in front and it everyone could of been warned about his trading practices.

I personally think there should be a wall of shame.. Of cause other cant just put members on the dog list unless they have first tried rfesolving the problem in private. But after not recieving PMs or any kind of a response after 1 month its pretty obvious that they are doing wrong and I personally wouldnt want to deal with those sorts of people.

It is a public forum and its nt as if anyone would be lying so I dont see the issue letting others know who the shifty people are.

Thanks

Junior Member Grease Monkey gargoyleman's Avatar

i agree public shaming i would like to name even though only a bit over a week since the buyer has gone quiet other people need to know the dishonest fiew. that way i and many others may not have payed for postage or lost parts or money. dude if you read this a pm would be nice to let me no what you are doing i know you should have the part by now. and as someone said kharma will get you all or when you stop hideing. youre loss will be more so hey lets be honest.

Junior Member Grease Monkey minimechanic's Avatar

the law says u can get busted, fined, jailed for debt collection,,,
    but if a kilometre long line of bikies comes to the door..
    i don't know how much the law and cops could do =P
    i think a lot of people piss themselves if they're in threat of their legs being broken and pay up..
    good luck linden =D

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

sometimes there are reasons why stuff or money doesn7t get sent.. it is better to find out why before doing the public shame thing. sometimes there is a reasonable reason... sometimes not..

\/\/\/ all good points
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 27-04-2008 at 11:06 PM.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    sometimes there are reasons why stuff or money doesn7t get sent.. it is better to find out why before doing the public shame thing. sometimes there is a reasonable reason... sometimes not..
    Yes sometimes (mostly an excuse) and as stated unless it has tried to be resolved privately first, they shouldnt be named publicly.And even if they are at least they can give their side of the story and others can judge wheather they want to deal with that person.

Parts only take a few days to a week at the most to arrive, so no response after a couple of weeks (especailly when you can see they have been active on the forums) is pretty much is rubbing it in your face.

99.9% of the people know when the parts have been sent and if they werent recieved they would be the first to contact you asking where they were. And if there is an issue (a genuine one) people do normally correspond though PM but when there is no responce it normally means something else. If they are named publically it also might force them respond to the situation instead of pretending to hide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minimechanic
    the law says u can get busted, fined, jailed for debt collection,,,
    Really? What Act or Regulation?

I'd just like to know so when they chase me for unpaid taxes I can let them know that debt collection is illegal.

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fiver
    Really? What Act or Regulation?

I'd just like to know so when they chase me for unpaid taxes I can let them know that debt collection is illegal.
    I'd love to know so too...

Not so much because I'd like to use it, but purely that Government bodies employ debt collectors (Or contract companies that are debt collectors anyway)
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Not in the diner Alf! Conversion King RyleyMA61's Avatar

ONCENA aka Rod also had dealings with a "reputable" member who turned out to be a very dodgy bastard. If people are concerned about it i propose PMing him...

2sc Breaker!!!! Backyard Mechanic bmxer54's Avatar

kinda goin abit off topic
    but... your can debt collect (legally) if you have a license to do so..

Cheers,

Peter.
    My Rides:
    1x Brown St141 corona csx. powered by a gen 2 3sge, 1x RT142 turbo 1UZ, cd009 and G series, 1x Gj Sigma Scorpion injected and turbo'd, 1x KE30 2TG, w58 and F truetrac, 1x RT104 18RG, w58 and F truetrac

Fiver/kyosho, i think he meant debt collect as in....

go over to someones house with a couple of heavies and threaten them, or physically injure them, or take or destroy property.... if any of that occurs, it doesn't matter if there is a debt or not, you can be charged with assault, theft, property damage etc....
    regardless of debt, the cops may arrest you.. and with good reason...

however, "debt collectors" may have the power to demand money, to sieze and take property etc, but then it is not called theft
    they still don't have the power to assault or intimidate.. just take property
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Fiver/kyosho, i think he meant debt collect as in....

go over to someones house with a couple of heavies and threaten them, or physically injure them, or take or destroy property.... if any of that occurs, it doesn't matter if there is a debt or not, you can be charged with assault, theft, property damage etc....
    regardless of debt, the cops may arrest you.. and with good reason...

however, "debt collectors" may have the power to demand money, to sieze and take property etc, but then it is not called theft
    they still don't have the power to assault or intimidate.. just take property
    The assault and intimidation is exactly that...

Assault and intimidation... Assaulting or intimidating someone IS against the law. Not just in debt collection.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    The assault and intimidation is exactly that...

Assault and intimidation... Assaulting or intimidating someone IS against the law. Not just in debt collection.
    no shit... but the talk of say.. flying down to SA to go to someones house with some "debt collectors" is not legal debt collection... it is intimidation...

rightly or wrongly from a moral standpoint, but not legal (if it goes that far)

it depends on your personal definition of "debt collection" and the context in which it is used.

ie.. when a company sends you an invoice.. that is debt collection...
    when court sends you an order to pay, that is also debt collection...
    when court appointed etc guys come out to sieze your property, that is debt collection.

when you go yourself to ask for your money, that is not debt collection. just some dude asking for his money.
    when you go with big tuff guys and threaten someone, verbally or non-verbally, unless you get your money, that is intimidation, NOT debt collection... but that is what most people think of when they hear "debt collection" and "big guys or bikies" in same sentence.....

ie.. debt collection is legal, carried out by legally authorised parties.
    "debt collection", ie verging on vigilante-ism, is not legal.
    Last edited by oldcorollas; 28-04-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

ie.. debt collection is legal, carried out by legally authorised parties.
    "debt collection", ie verging on vigilante-ism, is not legal.
    You gotta love the Law sometimes, All it takes is a "licence" to make it legal It wasn't until I was in the Auto trade I realised just how easy it was to have "Debts Collected" Or legs broken etc

Strong Suggestion - Never Cross someone in the Automotive industry.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

the one time someone actually came to collect a debt from me (because some dickhead sold me a car that had money owing on it), a huge 7 foot dude in a suit came to the door.. pretty sure he was ex-con or ex-military... started out with pleasantries, ended up with "hand over keys or else".. the fact he had to bend down a bit to get in the door, and had a fist the size of a sledge-hammer was pretty intimidating isn't it?

not sure what the procedure is now, but back then if i said no to the debt collector and told him to get off my property, he will have to leave but he can call the cops to come with a warrant to search property for "stolen goods"..
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

You should write a book Norm, you're the biggest struggler I have ever come across and I mean that in the nicest possible way

Some days do you feel like you just shouldn't bother getting out of bed?