Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Turning up with your big mates sounds like a good idea until he calls the cops and you get shat on by the law. What sux even more is that the cops wont care that he owes you $10 or even $10,000.

Debt collection in such a manner is best left to those with experience. If you want to go the intimidation route you need more than big guys, you need big guys who make a living out of collecting these sorts of debts. I've had some 2 wheeled friends collect debts before, the police have never had a reason to be involved.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

it's south australia.. ppl end up in barrels all the time.. (or was that vic?)
    publishing such intentions on a public forum is maybe not the best idea, but it does get the mesage across.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    it's south australia.. ppl end up in barrels all the time.. (or was that vic?)
    publishing such intentions on a public forum is maybe not the best idea, but it does get the mesage across.

Haha SA yeah you're right I guess. Interestingly there are no recorded cases of anhone being sucessfully prsecuted for internet forum thuggery here in Australia, I beleive it's due to the difficulty of proving someone was in sole command of an electronic device at the time a post/threat was made.

Bring back the oldschool where people just paid what they owed

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bigmat's Avatar

linden mate i know its only $25 please dont send the heavies over ill pay, ill pay!

best advice as ive been burnt aswell is speak to the pepole in person whom your doing deals with if, it is a substantial amount of money to you send half and half on arrival of product. or insure it with mafia.combigassbikeypower

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    This comes back to something I have seen for a long time on the board but previously wasn't a problem. Most people couldn't be bothered with getting bits for free. I've seen heaps of stuff available for free just pay shipping etc and nobody wanted it, but the same stuff sells for actual money at the same time. It seems people don't value it and couldn't be bothered if something doesn't cost a fair bit of money..
    Off topic, but reminds me of a situation a couple of years back, I was trying to offload a solid timber(none of you chipboard rubbish)wardrobe.
    Put it outside the house with a free sign on it, a week, no takers, Wife really wanted it gone by then, changed the sign to $100, apply within, came out next morning and someone had "stolen" it.

drunken escapades Conversion King fatboy13's Avatar

Hey Linden,

Go in June Ill be over there too at the same time... I wanna come along and watch the shenanigans + lend a hand in the intimidation thing if needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ
    watching a bunch of supraforums members try to debate something technical is like watching a bunch of retards try to fuck a doorknob...

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

no need,
    1 of the boys im taking has built his 69' fastback with a blown 500ci alloy block beast just on the profits of debt recovery so i doubt i need more backup than that, but taking the other 2 will just reinforce the fact that im not fucking around.

tis all good, ive got it covered from most angles. his house gets a driveby twice a day at the moment to make sure he ain't going anywhere.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

remind me to pay you for the alloy fab work when its done ok???!!!!
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Linden... How much are your mates to hire if need be?

PM me if you want... Might need some heavy work done soon...
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

just out of curiousity.. would you call buying a dodgy car from a toymods member who wasn't being totally honest as getting ripped off?

three out of five cars i bought off toymods were dodgy .. two of them i'm very sure the previous owners were fully aware of its defects...
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child

in that instance you probly should have looked over the car better than you did,
    while it does suck that they didn't inform you of all the problems they may not have known about them entirely.

for instance i recently bought another AE71 off a forum member and when i went to look at it i checked all the obvious spots for rust and overall it was pretty clean, straight, minimal rust etc.
    on arrival to my workshop however the first thing we did was put it on the hoist and have a better look underneath and check that the work done thus far was adequate, a quick inspection revealed that the front rail on the P/S was full of rust and so was the tiebar (both of which needed to be replaced) and also the torque converter wasn't seated back on the auto properly.
    we pulled the box out, refitted the converter, bolted it all back up and then started the car.
    this was followed by a loud knocking coming from the back of the engine (you wouldn't believe how pissed off i was)

turns out the flexplate bolts were finger tight and the flex plate was bent, once changed it purrs like a kitten on 3.5 cylinders (another story but my fault)

moral to the story, 1. i should have looked over the car better than i did in the first place and 2. if you have to fix 1 thing on a car thats not right then make sure you look for all the other things that could have been done dodgey.

I in no way shape or form blame the original owner of the car as it didn't look like he knew what he was doing nor much else about the car and i should have looked over it alot better than i did.

cheers
    linden
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    It reminds me of an interesting event early in the clubs history actually. The Killerwatt King trophy was originaly handed to the Killerwatt king to look after till the next Dyno day however one particular individual decided it looked good above his fireplace and that he didn't want to return it so failed to show up to the Dyno day as promised. Back then we didn't have members address's and contact details like we do now so it took a while to track him down but we did and taking a quick look at the photo from the "unofficial reclaim the trophy cruise" (see attached) there were 19 Toymodders who drove out to the northern beaches to pay the guy a visit. To prevent things getting ugly most of the guys waited down the road from his house while Luke the president and I, accompanied by the 8 biggest members on the cruise went and had a quiet chat. Needless to say there was no drama and we got it back but it showed the Toymods spirit was strong between the core group and its just as tight now.
    I remember this playing out on the forums. Was piss funny. Wonder what happened to him and his smoky old Soarer?

Er.....Linden, you did get that V6 didn't you? Or should I book my flight to Easter Island*?

*I may not necessarily be found there.
    Last edited by gianttomato; 26-04-2008 at 08:25 AM.

Resto Rodder Domestic Engineer GA61XX's Avatar

Hmmm..
    intresting thread..

But i feel embarest as i have a few things i need to send..
    But i'm waiting on local machine shop to do there job.. it's been 3 - 4 week's & he's not done my job yet..
    one other box i need to send for a modder i keep finding more parts to send as i'm cleaning out my shed.. but this should be good as box will cost to send what he payed, so he'll get parts for free...

so if your waitting for me to send you parts, you will get them... Soon...

cheers GA61XX
    Project: '82, GA61 XX

Quote Originally Posted by gianttomato
    Er.....Linden, you did get that V6 didn't you? Or should I book my flight to Easter Island*?
    sitting here in all its shiny goodness.
    but mos wants me to drive down there and "convince" you to sell him the 3UZ

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vios-GT_07
    just out of curiousity.. would you call buying a dodgy car from a toymods member who wasn't being totally honest as getting ripped off?

three out of five cars i bought off toymods were dodgy .. two of them i'm very sure the previous owners were fully aware of its defects...
    I'd have to say, cars are just "buyer beware"

If you know the right things, you can find out nearly everything that's wrong, as long as it isn't intermittent problems...

I bought my old shitter (Cost me $300 so I knew it wouldn't be spectacular)
    Get it home, drop it at mums till I can organise to pay for rego etc.
    Pay for rego and then put sticker on, has been raining all day, jump in car... Passenger floor is FULL of water... I'm like "WTF! Ah well, paid $300 for it!"
    Found a few other issues, including a dodgy voltage reg that makes my headlights blow randomly (I generally quickly pull over and switch shit off till it fixes itself) and a few other little issues...

But, I did only pay $300 for it, and other then these few issues, it's been good...

Managed to find out the air vent on the front window was blocked with mud and hence over flowing into the car... Free fix to a massive water leak...
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.