Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

any time i need to send something to someone i get them to send me the reciept number for the transaction at the same time as their address, that way you can generally keep a track of who payed for what.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Riverina Chapter Automotive Encyclopaedia andyroo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stidnam
    As it turns out I no longer need the item and it was only $15 but thats not the point its the principle of it.
    Thanks
    Stidnam

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard that, I really cannot stand people using that word as an excuse to try to shift any kind of responsibility from themselves, it really does come down to the fact you were decieved by another person, or more likely, he kept putting off the sending until he had no money to pay for the postage, and simply diddnt bother. Its just the way we are, humans that is. Im the same boat, however its over 3K, and Im proud to admit it isnt the "principle" its the freakin money.

This isnt my cup///

Should add I work for telstra, for over a year, so forgive me If Im a little bitter, listening to over 80 people whinge about pointless "principle" crap EVERYDAY does grind on one somewhat..
    2009 Toyota Hilux SR V6 4x4
    2000 Toyota Avalon Grande -SOLD 2014
    1985 Toyota Celica XX 1G-GTE - SOLD 2014

sometimes it does come do to the "principle" of it though, trust me i know as im owed of 30K and if/when the ppl decide they don't want to pay me for some rediculous reason i will make 1 phone call and have there legs broken.

its not always about money its just the fact that they tried to fuck you over, the day i let someone get away with that will only be the day after i pass away.

the guy that wrote off my corolla and skipped town over 1yr ago was just recently found in adelaide, ill be heading to adeliade shortly to retrieve my money with whatever force is needed and then i will probly go out with all the adelaide toymodders and shout them drinks for the whole night till the money runs out. I don't NEED the money i just want what im owed.

cheers
    linden
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    ill be heading to adeliade shortly to retrieve my money with whatever force is needed and then i will probly go out with all the adelaide toymodders and shout them drinks for the whole night till the money runs out. I don't NEED the money i just want what im owed.
    And I'll be driving to Adelaide the day before... (And driving home a minimum of 3 days later!)
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Hengsta's Avatar

sometimes it does come do to the "principle" of it though, trust me i know as im owed of 30K and if/when the ppl decide they don't want to pay me for some rediculous reason i will make 1 phone call and have there legs broken.

its not always about money its just the fact that they tried to fuck you over, the day i let someone get away with that will only be the day after i pass away.

the guy that wrote off my corolla and skipped town over 1yr ago was just recently found in adelaide, ill be heading to adeliade shortly to retrieve my money with whatever force is needed and then i will probly go out with all the adelaide toymodders and shout them drinks for the whole night till the money runs out. I don't NEED the money i just want what im owed.

cheers
    linden

Sounds good let me know when you do i be there. Fucking ****s

BTW: you recieved the mounts yet?
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.

The Bling Garage Mechanic Automotive Encyclopaedia Wildsupra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hengsta

Hengsta if the mounts are going from you to linden you better freakin well hope he has recieved them!!! heheh

Linden i hear wot your sayin mate, people expect you to "forget" about what is rightfully owed to you, be it for either your labour or parts supplied.

Matty

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Just to add a couple of things to this thread, In the 8 years I have been part of Toymods I have only had one bad transaction that wasn't resolved.

I sent a guy a part he desperatly needed and he never bothered to p[ay me for it or return my PM's, It was a cheap part (only $20 for a timing cover and chain guide) but wearing the postage was what really shit me.

One ass clown in 8 years on a forum with almost 10'000 members isn't that bad BUT community or not you do need to remember the simple rule - BUYER BEWARE. The Toymods board will always do whatever it can to help people out if they get Burnt but there is only so much we can do and there will always be that minority of low lifes who try to take advantage of the rest of us.

I know its been said a few times now but if you do think your being screwed over contact the Board, preferably Via email - [email protected] as we will look into it.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hengsta

No i havn't as yet but i have been working weird hours so ill have a look on monday to see if they are next door.

Tis all good, im not afta ya legs just yet.

Linden

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Hengsta's Avatar

No i havn't as yet but i have been working weird hours so ill have a look on monday to see if they are next door.

Tis all good, im not afta ya legs just yet.

Linden
    fair enough, think you should check.

lol, well i got the reciept here in front of me.
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

cheers
    linden
    Linden,

Thats one solid thing I can say about the core Toymods community - Fuckers can run but they can't hide. With the wonders of this modern age we are have eyes and ears in pretty much every state of Australia and eventually Karma comes round to bite everyone who deserves it in the arse.

It reminds me of an interesting event early in the clubs history actually. The Killerwatt King trophy was originaly handed to the Killerwatt king to look after till the next Dyno day however one particular individual decided it looked good above his fireplace and that he didn't want to return it so failed to show up to the Dyno day as promised. Back then we didn't have members address's and contact details like we do now so it took a while to track him down but we did and taking a quick look at the photo from the "unofficial reclaim the trophy cruise" (see attached) there were 19 Toymodders who drove out to the northern beaches to pay the guy a visit. To prevent things getting ugly most of the guys waited down the road from his house while Luke the president and I, accompanied by the 8 biggest members on the cruise went and had a quiet chat. Needless to say there was no drama and we got it back but it showed the Toymods spirit was strong between the core group and its just as tight now.

It you need to borrow some reliable wheels for the drive to Adelaide there is a suitable set of keys here for you and the breaker bar is always in the back.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

tis all good dude, no need for keys as all costs incurred by trying to fuck me over get added to what the person owes me.

repairs $3600
    getting his new address $ not telling
    interest at 25% $?
    4 return air fares (3 of my biggest mates) ? $1200
    hotel rooms $?

trust me he will wish he had just paid me in the first place as the guys ill be taking with me won't take no for an answer.

cheers
    linden

PS that shot of mos cracked me up

just dont punch him so hard he falls to the floor and bangs his stupid ass head on the pavement. ....the unfortunate thing is that dead men tend not to pay, and those arrested have a great deal of trouble celebrating with the boys. have a safe flight.

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

I might add that i recently sent an item to WA. I sent it just under 3 weeks ago and the guy only recieved it yesterday. Turned out it arrived within a week of me sending it but he didnt get the note left by the post office saying "we have a package for you" so he didnt know to go to the post office.

Registered post is the only was to go.

All this talk of being ripped off reminds me of young Charlie Wenzel from the pirate 4x4 forums in the states. Short story he tried to peddle off some second hand diff gears as new. Within a week people were posting his address, phone numbers, workplace, where his parents work, what school he went to and so on.
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

tis all good dude, no need for keys as all costs incurred by trying to fuck me over get added to what the person owes me.

repairs $3600
    getting his new address $ not telling
    interest at 25% $?
    4 return air fares (3 of my biggest mates) ? $1200
    hotel rooms $?

trust me he will wish he had just paid me in the first place as the guys ill be taking with me won't take no for an answer.

cheers
    linden

PS that shot of mos cracked me up
    lol, don't forget a video camera... I want to see the look on the bastards face when he opens the door to yourself + 3 mates + more than likely MR_1JZ, Bigperm and Placentajuan (none of whom I would call small people by any means)... Intimitation factor FTW
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt