Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Junior Member Carport Converter

Default Re: Ripped off by Toymods member. Options?

Ok so if there is no sale system, how about a sticky in the for sale area with a "Buyer Beware". Make it mod controlled only, where people are listed that have done bad sales in the past.

Of course if they are just going to be banned for 1 dodgy sale, disregard what I just said

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

But thats open to heresay and not entirely factual. Whats to say that you send me something and i get it and then say i just didnt recieve it. Would it be fair to put you on the list? As good an idea as it is i dont believe it to be a solution. At the end of the day if you want security when buying items then only buy items you can old and only from a fixed location like a shop.
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Who greased my Grease Monkey Baref00t's Avatar

I must admit I went through *hell* with the toymods member I bought the CA18DET off early last year... took me almost 6 months to get it from him, then it turned up without 80% of the things he mentioned in the posting (turbo timer, BOV etc) and he stopped taking my calls...

And it was a fair bit more than 15 bucks we're talking. Anyhow, turns out he was already in trouble from the cops so I decided not to add to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    Hmm... that's like saying "my X3 excel isn't homo, it's got a 4G63 in it!!" A decent motor doesn't make a car less homo. Sorry, just makes you a quick poof!!
    http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22706

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Pube's Avatar

name and shame, im sure that will get their attention.
    SOLD : 1GGTE Rt142 Corona - Twin TD04-9b turbos - 180rwkw = 13.1 @105mph

UZA80 Automotive Encyclopaedia horse's Avatar

i once sent a member some parts, and told them the parts are free, just pay for postage. i never got paid the postage and when i asked for it to be DD, the reply was sorry i don't trust DD. postage was around $20 as they were quite heavy parts. not doing that again.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by da_horse
    i once sent a member some parts, and told them the parts are free, just pay for postage. i never got paid the postage and when i asked for it to be DD, the reply was sorry i don't trust DD. postage was around $20 as they were quite heavy parts. not doing that again.
    So DD can't be trusted but they should be

So you did them a favour and got screwed over, nice.

Had they not heard of a money order and mail?

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

to the OP, that sucks, its not about the money I agree!

and to be clear, is it a toymods club member or a toymods forum member? im not trying to weed out information, just i know the board members is a tigher group than the forum members.

Any time i sell soemthing, its payment first, then i'll send after i see the money in my account. selling stuff is a pain in the ass as it is, no way would i do it and risk not getting paid! everything is sent registered post too, its only a couple more bucks and it means i dont have to trust the person at the other end (or austpost)

Same goes for buying, but i will only buy from people who have been on the forum for a very long time (and are active) or go pick the item up and pay then. DD is still fine
    like to drift? live in victoria?
    www.vicdrift.com

now targeting: targets

formerly shinybluesteel

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

This comes back to something I have seen for a long time on the board but previously wasn't a problem. Most people couldn't be bothered with getting bits for free. I've seen heaps of stuff available for free just pay shipping etc and nobody wanted it, but the same stuff sells for actual money at the same time. It seems people don't value it and couldn't be bothered if something doesn't cost a fair bit of money.

I know it's not an excuse and not intended to be, it's simply an observation about this community that I have made over a period of time. If something is free then it has to be completely free and prefferably delivered to the door or it's too much effort

On the topic of the people who have had issues please email the details to the board, I'd be happy to give people a call and ask them if they can sort out their issues.

Also just to clarify from teh question above as to whether it was a forum member or an actual member of Toymods and reference to the board. The Toymods board is a subset of the club members who are the ones that run the club. If it is a board member, which I'd be shocked to hear, definately let us know so they can get a swift kick to the tackle.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia stidnam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roadsailing
    to the OP, that sucks, its not about the money I agree!

and to be clear, is it a toymods club member or a toymods forum member? im not trying to weed out information, just i know the board members is a tigher group than the forum members.
    How do you tell if it is a club member or a forum member? I'm guessing that this person is only a forum member however.

I have email all the details to the board. I have had nothing but good to say about toymods until now which is why I raised it so these things can be weeded out and keep the community what it should be.

i wrote the Automotive Encyclopaedia roadsailing's Avatar

i think there is a different avatar heading or something, in any case the board have a list, not that it really matters, it will just be more likely to get solved.

Keep it private until you have no other alternative, but if you have given them every opportunity then name and shame for sure, they can put forward their side of the story too.
    like to drift? live in victoria?
    www.vicdrift.com

now targeting: targets

formerly shinybluesteel

"it went up in a jiffy" Conversion King Kedderz's Avatar

I too am in this situation, member has had no activity since 14/4.
    Will wait a few more days.
    RA23 - Twincharged
    JZZ20 - Daily

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Yep, not being able to trust ppl sucks. That being said I havent had any bad experiences here yet and there are people that I will send things to and who will send things to me before receiving payment because the trust is there.

I bet none of this is caused by a MA61 owner
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

I've had "issues" before.

I've also lost a sale or two before because of being excrucatingly busy and unable to get to a post office.

And when I trade, either buying or selling, it's COD only for me.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Grease Monkey supra_cam's Avatar

I've got issues with a supraforums member, been waiting 6 weeks for some foglights, starting to get impatient.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Is said supraforums member also a member here?

If not, this is relevant how?
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died