Thread: St246 Caldina TV

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Jzxbenno's Avatar

Default St246 Caldina TV

Hello

Sorry if this is the incorrect section but... I am wondering if the Caldinas stock TV can be made to work in Australia and is tv its only function or does it control other parts of the sound system anyways such as CD, Climate control etc

Cheers
    Ben

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Default Re: St246 Caldina TV

Ben, if the Caldina has a seperate tuner then just replace it with a Jaycar Response digital tuner. My Crown had the tuner located in the boot, so it was a fairly basic wire swap to get the TV working with the new tuner.

cheers Chuck.
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Forum Member

Default Re: St246 Caldina TV

i've actually replaced the entire central control system. i purchased the brackets from NZ, got a climate control from a 05 and newer model, as well as the facia surrounds etc. much easier than trying to get the factory system working with australian standards as its just not worth it for around $700 i got a new system with bluetooth, iPod control and a working tv tuner.