Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day - Sat May 24th

i can kind of relate to steve and gypsy, it is a long way for the newie crowd,

and rod a 4hr round trip for us sydney siders last year is nothing compared to a 8-9 hour drive for them this year, i think this year the event should be held in syd, just to see what sort of numbers we do get,

no point travelling south or north with out a big turn out,

last year was just a spur of the moment thing because we had a failed cruise a few months before it, where only a few celicas headed north, so a bit more planning and shit loads of notice gave every body no exuse for no being there,

cant the board look into something closer to the CBD there a some really great picnic areas,

just my 2 cents,

P.S i didnt know that the gong was soo far away for you guys, sorry for mentioning it
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

Gettin old 1st year Apprentice

hey hypo23,
    Iam like Rod. . . . . old! Don't get out as much I would like too!
    Celica is still around, gets a boot in the door as I walk past it ever so often to knock the spiders out of it!

Just been doing my own car thing I spose, restored a couple of WW2 army jeeps and helped Howard Astill build his Mustang for this years Summernats (made top ten, woohoo!)

Well I hope I will know a few faces, seeing how your coming down to my haunt I best be coming on out.

Junior Member Grease Monkey mchieff's Avatar

Well i think we should just re-do the meet in Newy for us guys up North - i mean damn - there is about a dozen of us gettin around, if we all met up for a cruise it'd be sweet, we should just appreciate them without the killer 8-9hour drive. Celica Appreciation Day Newcastle Chapter!!
    Oh yeah Steve, gotta buzz you bout those arms too (course i gotta take em off first ;-)
    1976 Toyota Celica RA23 - 1G-GZE
    Dailys:
    2008 Toyota Hilux SR5 4L 5 Speed Dual Cab
    2016 Kia Optima GT

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Hey Yogi, great to catch up at Summernats mate! You better bring the green beast or Ill hire soomeone to kick your ass!

Just to muddy the waters Rod, Id be happy for this event to be held in Sydney every year!

Us Canberrans are more than happy to go to Sydney for this event and even cruise around Sydney if it means that our Newie mates will come in numbers. So if you are contempating doing a Westy or beach cruise then we will be there as well.

After Dubbo Nats I travelled to Grafton and then home and that was 2300Ks for Tweety with no complaints so Im up for it. We have a CCG Beer O'clock tonight so will get a better idea of CCG support for Sydney only or Schlarba format events.
    Cheers
    Mitch
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

its only 1,5hrs from newy thats IF you do the spd limits,

im happy to go anywhere, aslong as we have a massive turnout, and no pussy's drop out!

Blake

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

If its in Sydney on the 24th, I'm definately in, mum's booked in already.
    Last edited by Gypsy23; 08-04-2008 at 05:51 PM.

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

well seeing as though I didn't quite make the last one... I'm on probation. So I'm in for sure this year.. no massive drinking session the night before this time!

On the topic of the drive... getting out of Sydney in some direction is a more preferable option. Why go for a cruise in traffic..? I'm liking the sound of this State Park.

Hopefully we'll at least get numbers from Sydney and ACT people... tis a big trip from Newey. But maybe we can make it an earlier meet up for the Newey guys to meet up at Homebush for a bit of breaky
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

celicanut Grease Monkey craig28celica's Avatar

im keen for a cruz, but im must agree with the newy crowd, if its in sydney im there, more than that?? (kids to come home to)... i can think of nearly ten classic celicas, wanting to go, here in newy, (im sure theres more), thats a lot to leave out? keep it central to newy & ACT, thats my 2 cents.
    drive it dont hide it
    my car..RA28 1G. & x RA28 TRAILER
    projects RA23 & RA23 convertible

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

I've been working with Rod to try and find a closer location for this cruise. I'll let him discuss the decision but I will post my feelings on what has gone on in this thread here.

These are my personal thoughts not that of the Toymods Car Club.

Toymods has run cruises in Sydney basically every month but I have not seen the people complaining that this cruise should be in Sydney attending those. There is no reason why classic Celica owners can't come along to any cruise during the year not just one called classic celica cruise. Now we are going to run a Classic Celica cruise, that everyone says they are super keen to go to. However if it takes any kind of commitment or the location seems to be favourable to someone else people don't want to go. I thought you guys were enthusiasts, not just enthusiastic when it's most convenient.

I know it sounds harsh but I find the posts in this thread quite surprising.
    Last edited by Joshstix; 10-04-2008 at 01:31 PM.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

In the interest of getting maximum numbers at the event I have spent far to may hours looking at what would be an acceptable alternate location. Josh and I have lookd at allot of options but in the interest of keeping my job and getting some work done a new spot has been decide. No its not in the Sydney CBD (And never will be) but its a shitload closer than bathurst !
    Toymods runs Cruises in Sydney all year and to be honest the thought of cruising in traffic is about as apealing as visiting the dentist. This way we should be able to get some good cruising photos of the cars, be able to stay in a convoy style group and its the best compromise we can find. If this is "To Far" for either group then we will just abandon the concept as a lost cause.

The new Cruise location is Woronora Dam.

It is slightly closer to newcastle than Canberra distance wise but is almost the same, travel time wise from both locations. "Whereis" puts it at just under 3 hours drive from Both cities. The location looks good from the arial photos on Google maps and its closed to visitors Monday to Friday and I had never heard of it so chances are we will be fine parking wise. Accordig to the website its also free entry.

Whats there:
    Picnic Shelters
    Electric BBQs
    Toilets/Disabled Toilets
    Drinking Water
    Playground
    Viewing Area

I am sure this will be suitable to the Newcastle crowd and I look forward to seeing you all there. Appologies to the South coast and ACT guys who have a little further to travel but thankfully its open road and very little extra time.
    Last edited by TheToyman75; 10-04-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

josh, rod,

thanks for the change of location we appreciate it, looks like a good spot, ill definately be there, looking forward too it

josh,
    ibz had the origal idea for a celica cruise, so he organised one to newcastle, 1 car from sydney and i think 3 or 4 local guys ended up turning up. it was pretty dismal.
    so from there chris and myself thought we would organise one from up here with plenty of notice and i touch more organisation with the name classic celica appreciation day and it was a great success, with over 20 cars. after speaking too mitch at toyfest with the great success of his canberra celica cruise we thought it would be good to hold one around the sydney area so we could all meet up and have a massive turnout of about 40 odd celicas, thats the main reason behind most people wanting it there.
    now im with you guys in not having it anywhere near the cbd, the new location seems perfect, thats all we asked somewhere reasonable central for the newy, and canberrs guys, but a bit out of the way also

as for the monthly cruises, its a bit far to come to every monthly cruise, i personly try too make it too a few a year, and as well as having other interests and commitments outside of my car and toymods, its the same as you guys not attending every canberra toyota event or newcastle event or get together we organise.

anyway thats the end of my rant lol

should be a good day and hope too see everyone there, would bloody awesome too have 40 to 50 celicas in the one place at the one time
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Go-Go Gadget Backyard Mechanic Baconer's Avatar

im still coming regardless of location

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

What an awesome location Rod! Here is a "google earth" type map where you can get a birds eye view.
    http://www.satellite-sightseer.com/i...y/Woronora_Dam
    Royal national park close by, scenic route anyone? (j/ks)
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hypo23
    should be a good day and hope too see everyone there, would bloody awesome too have 40 to 50 celicas in the one place at the one time
    This was my read of the occasion as well and why I was surprised that people were not going to attend because of the drive.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Schmitt's Avatar

Hey guys

I will be there, hopefully with my celica if it is back on the road by then.
    Just a few points on the location as i have been there a few times.
    It is a really nice place, good facilities, great view and we should be fine parking wise if i remember correctly.
    Hope to see you all there.

Thanks
    Ben
    Founding member of SPOOT RACING
    Schmitts 4AGE TA22