Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day - Sat May 24th

looks like rego will be thrown on the credit card

but i will be there somehow, as may is a flat out month for me!

but will be the first decent cruise ive been on in the 23

EDIT. WHY DONT WE GO FOR A CRUISE TO BATHURST? drive round teh mountain????

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

I reckon the Gong is the go! Its an hour for Sydney guys, 2 for the Canberra boys and 2.5 for the Newcastle guys. Sort of balanced out so everyone has to travel. Plus the newy guys can catch us on the way through and we can all do the rest of the run to meet the Canberra boys at the Gong.

Meh just a thought anyways
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

In the interest of giving everyone as much notice as possible a location has been decided.

Since we went north last year it seemed only fair to head south this year. Obviously heading south again in future years will depend on what sort of support the event gets this year. Ideally it seems fairest to alternate eahc year between north and south of Sydney with last years Northern location being well supported.

This years location will be Killalea State Park. (And no I had never heard of it either )According to whereis its a 1hr 34min drive from homebush.

So here is a little blurb from the website.

Killalea - location

Killalea State Park is located between the coastal towns of Kiama and Shellharbour on the South Coast of New South Wales. It is about 10 minutes north of Kiama, 25 minutes south of Wollongong and approximately 90km south of Sydney. It is about 2.5 hours from Canberra.

Directions from Wollongong
    Travel south on Princes Hwy until you see the Buddhist Temple on the left at Berkeley – this is about 20mins north of Killalea. Keep travelling south and follow the signs for Kiama/Nowra. You will come to Albion Park Rail and see lots of car yards on your left and a small regional airport on your right. As you are leaving Albion Park Rail at a set of traffic lights you will see McDonalds on left and a garage on right. Shortly after that you will see a sign for Shellharbour/Warilla on the left. DO NOT TAKE THIS TURN. Keep travelling south on the Princes Hwy and you will be in single lane traffic. The road becomes twisty and winding.

You are now travelling parallel to the railway line on your left. As the road comes to a straight stretch you will see lots of bollards for road works. Turn left at Dunmore Railway Station onto Shellharbour Road (you will cross over railway lines. This is the first turn you have taken since the Buddhist Temple).

You are now about four minutes away from the park. Travel along Shellharbour Road to the crest of the hill. At the top of the hill (and before traffic lights) turn right. You will immediately come to a roundabout (you will see the Shellharbour Links Golf Course to your right). Turn LEFT at the roundabout on to Southern Cross Boulevard. You will come to another roundabout go RIGHT at the roundabout on to Killalea Drive. Go past the school and you will come to another roundabout, go straight through this round about and over the bridge. At the next round about turn left and follow this road until you reach the boom gates.

The boom gates open automatically between 4.30am and 8.45pm. You will need an access pin after hours. The camping area is 1.8 km on the right after the boom gates.

Directions From Kiama
    Travel North on Princes Hwy. Take Shell Cove turn off. Turn right under the new Kiama By-Pass and you will come to the old Princes Hwy. Turn left onto the Princes Hwy but almost immediately turn right at Dunmore Railway Station onto Shellharbour Road (you will cross over railway lines). Travel along Shellharbour Road to the crest of the hill. At the top of the hill (and before traffic lights) turn Right. You will immediately come to a roundabout (you will see the Shellharbour Links Golf Course to your right). Turn LEFT at the roundabout on to Southern Cross Boulevard. You will come to another roundabout go RIGHT at the roundabout on to Killalea Drive. Go past the school and you will come to another roundabout, go straight through this round about and over the bridge. At the next round about turn left and follow this road until you reach the boom gates.

The boom gates open automatically between 4.30am and 8.45pm. You will need an access pin after hours. The camping area is 1.8 km on the right after the boom gates.

There are timber BBQ's on site or we may take the Toymods BBQ (unless the ACT guys are bringing there Celica BBQ ? It sure would be more fitting ??? )

Leave times have been updated in the initial post but we will meat at the P6 carpark in Homebush at 10.30 for a 10.45am leave. That puts at Killalea for an early afternoon lunch.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Assuming I'm in the country I'll have to get along to this one. No classic celica's but a Mark II or crown coupe shouldn't look too out of place

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^sounds good Rod!

Junior Member Grease Monkey gargoyleman's Avatar

2.5 hours from canberra 3.5 to 4 hours from newcastle sorry guys way too far for me sad to miss it will have to wait for pics

Junior Member Grease Monkey

carnt wait, looks like heaps of interest allready, i will bring the piston/cast dragon trophy steve and chriss made last year which sits happily on my workbench, besides toyotafest this would have to be the best day out for classic celicas owners so dont miss out seyas all there.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

Shoal/shell harbour??????? Last time we drove down that way it took us 2.5 hrs from Sydney plus the 2 hours from Newie. Thats 8-9hrs driving IN ONE DAY. Is there any chance at all that the blue mountains or western/southern sydney might be considered, it is a very long way for the '23 and me too.

I can appreciate the "going south" this year but in all honesty thats alot for us to be doing in one day. And then coming back to do the "fam" thing. So unfortunately I'm going to have to bail out.

I'll look forward to seeing the photos though.

Cheers Gypsy
    Last edited by Gypsy23; 07-04-2008 at 07:11 PM.

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    Destination: Killalea State Park - Shoalharbour
    Sorry Rod - its Shellharbour, well technically Shell Cove. Website

There is a Shoalhaven but that is 30mins south so i doubt thats where you are talking about.

Looks like a big trip, hope you like some of my home town. I might head down to visit my parents and come by to get some pics so if you have a rough estimate to when you will be there that would be great.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

im with gargoyleman, and gypsy, a bit too far, may as well drive back too dubbo for the day. lol

wat are the chances of having it as gypsy said, western sydney near blue mountains or something even southern sydney somewhere, i was under the impression it would be in sydney somewhere as it was relatinely halfway for the canberra guys and us newcastle guys, i thought that was the whole point in you guys running it and having it in sydney

anyway should be a good day for you guys, looking forward to seeing the pics.
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Gettin old 1st year Apprentice

Hello all!
    Been a while since I have seen some faces!

Count me and the Celica in for a visit!

Big Zop,

Thanks for the heads up - I'm shit house at spelling.

Steve, Gypsy and Gargoyle it won't be the same without you I do understand its a big day coming from Newcastle. It would be great if you reconsidered but I do understand. its a long long day.

The theory behind the location had a few reasons and was a bloody hard decision.

First of all we went 2 hours north last year (and had a kickass day, F#ck it was good)

The Sydney siders were calling for us to go south this year to around Woolongong instead of next year (as originally planned) and it made more sence that way. So we are going 1.5 hours South.

History has shown that neither the Newcastle crowd or the ACT crowd reliably turn up to a Sydney based event in any sort of numbers so us Sydney siders will go to both of you and enjoy some scenery we don't normally see.
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

fair enough rod.

sorry too get off topic here, but fuck me dead yogies made an apperance where the hell you been mate long time no hear or see, hows things, do you even still own a celica, its been bloody years lol
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

[QUOTE]
    History has shown that neither the Newcastle crowd or the ACT crowd reliably turn up to a Sydney based event in any sort of numbers so us Sydney siders will go to both of you and enjoy some scenery we don't normally see.
    You know we'd love to go, as these days we don't get much of a chance to take the old girl out. Kids etc etc.

Totally understand the logistics in keeping everyone happy, ToyNats is pretty much the same.

Perhaps us Newie crowd could cruise down to Homebush just for fun, see you all off and then come back up via windsor or something like that.

That way we can at least have a decent cruise, and 4 hrs is better than 8-9 or none at all (as in stay at home wishing we were there).

Anyone wishing to expand on this idea???

Steve/Gypsy,

If you guys wanted to head down for the homebush meet up I know I would happily get there 1/2 hour to 45min earlier for a macca's breakie and a chat before the rest of us set off to Killalea. ?
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT