Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

Quote Originally Posted by w810sc
    my eradicate driving as my Celica was a bit on the low side, I was trying to avoid rough terrain so my exhaust didn't scrape (scraped anyway).
    LOL dude, i was in the car behind you, we felt your pain as you came into the dam area, we could see the sparks.... haha. You were scraping when there wasn't even speed bumps, just a slight ridge running along the road... lol
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Junior Member Grease Monkey shockadelica's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

some of my photos from this day:

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36889

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

Thumbs down Re: Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day (All Other Cars Welcomed.) - Sat May 24th

All I can say is WOW!

Even with a few problems at the start with broken cars and carparks being full up it still turned out to be a fantastic day.

Even though I bought about 120 snags,10 loaves of bread we still ran out of food But that just shows how good the turn out was

I MUST say that the road closed signs worked well in our favour to as the place was all but empty there was just enough room for all of us. woohoo.

Danae,

Thanks so much for helping out at the BBQ, I couldn't of done it without you.

More later with pictures ( thats River for taking them)
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Awesome day. Thanks to the organizers and helpers for all their hard work. I had a fantastic day and even found my way into the drivers seat of a couple of RA28's. If I didn't have a classic craving last week, I definitly do now.

Was great to catch up with a lot of old friends and see so many beautiful old cars. I am already excited about next year and if luck goes my way I may even have a classic of my own to bring.

So who has a good one they want to part with..........

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I'm not sure about you owning a classic again, oh handsome one. You did mention the suspension was a bit harsh and they were a bit noisy. So, I'm wondering if your butt has gone all soft and been spoilt by ST205 goodness?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Well the butt went soft many years ago but the heart has always had a soft spot for a classic celica.

Hmm the 205 will be registered by the weekend, maybe a quick drive will cure my nostalgia. But then again a certain "incident" on the way home didn't dampen my enthusiasm for these attention loving classics....... So when are you selling me the 88

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

Danae,

Thanks so much for helping out at the BBQ, I couldn't of done it without you.
    No worries at all, it was my pleasure.

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gold28
    So when are you selling me the 88
    you would have more luck getting Rod to sell you his 22
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."