Thread: classic celica cruise

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default classic celica cruise

is the classic celica cruise happening this year, and if so when, and where are we cruising to.

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

Default Re: classic celica cruise

NOT GOING TO MISS IT THIS YEAR,

ibz and steve organised it last year, are you volunteering?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

thats a good question thomas,

as blake said, myself, chris and ibz organized it last year, it ended up being an awesome turnout with heaps of interest, it wasnt a toymods official event, and lots of people wanted it too be, so from what i presumed and wat was said on here is that toymods was taking it over and making it an annual official event, wats happened too it, i dont know i thought it was put in the events calender last year to be run at around the start of each year.

chris and myself had the plan of making it an annual thing and hopefully making it bigger and better each year, cause there was no specific classic celica events, and eventully making it like the toyota nationals, except with only classic celicas as that is what the nationals used to be, it used to be the celica nationals.

the only reason there was nothing said about toymods taking it over, was that we thought it could be a better event held in sydney, as the newcastle guys and the canberra guys could meet up also as we both had 20 odd celicas turn up too each of our events and we thought it would be a happy medium if we all met up sydney, and have 50 odd celicas turn up now that would be awsome 50 classic celicas in the one place

chris and myself would only be too happy too organise it and hopefully turn it into a big event, as there wasnt a great deal of effort going into the last event, we are sure we could turn it into a fucking excelent event, and put it on the must do calender each year, such as toyfest and the toyota nationals. the only things if we organise such an event it will be held in newcastle, as all toymods events are in sydney, and all the canberra celica groups event are in canberra, as there are a heap of people in newcastle now with celicas, we would want to make it our own event and hold it here in newcastle.

im heading over too chrises tonight and will discuss some things with him and we may just take it on board and host the event anyway.

eagerly awaiting a response here from someone from the toymods board
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Guys,

If you check the Toymods Calender (Just click on the word Calender above) you will see that the 1st Annual, Official Toymods Classic Celica Apreciation day will be held this year on Sat May 24th. - It will be held every year on the 4th Sat in May.

Keep an eye out for the thread in this section once the details are all sorted.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Canberra Celica Group Grease Monkey TWEETY's Avatar

Hey Steve
    Just responded to Rod's post that the CCGans thought we were organising ths later in the year. We might have some trouble getting good numbers this time but I will try to see how many Classics I can get to Sydney on the 24th. CU there!
    Cheers
    Mitch
    CCG
    3TGT TA22 'Tweety' Canberra Celica Group (CCG) = www.canberracelica.org
    147 RWKW / NIL quarter mile / 2D:1h:12m Wakefield / NIL Hillclimb.....but 1/8th mile at Dubbo = 10.53

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Great work guys! I would love to ae te old Girl ready for this but doubt it very much. Will stil be there with bells on tho!
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au