Thread: 4AGTE manifold wanted

Junior Member Grease Monkey _FNQ_rolla_'s Avatar

Default 4AGTE manifold wanted

After looking around on the internet I can not find a company that makes a 4AGTE manifold for a front wheel drive Corolla Seca, SX AE92 model (year built 1990).

Is there a company or person that can build me a collector style manifold for a t28 style turbo using steam pipe or does someone have one that they want to sell.

Thanks
    Gav

SC14 7AGZE Grease Monkey

Default Re: 4AGTE manifold wanted

Here is one. It says AE86 but its a bottom mount so it should work on an AE92.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...spagenameZWDVW
    SC14 7AGZE build: http://beasted86.webs.com/

Underpowered Backyard Mechanic Moppitt's Avatar

You would probably want to check the height to see if the #2 and 3 runners will fit under your bonnet. I seem to recall seeing a ae?82? (possibly 92) with a manifold that looked similar to that and had the middle two runners poking out of the bonnet. I think that was a unregistered drag car.
    I have seen a hks cast manifold for a fwd 4age floating around on ebay from time to time. There was someone on here or twincam.org that bought one, I wish I could remember who though, hopefully they will see this post and give you some more info.
    Feeling down? See: Beyondblue or for youth see: Headspace or call Lifeline on 13 11 14
    Finally, a members ride thread. I present project One Thing Lead to Another (nominations for a better name are now open)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13 View Post
    Rabble, rabble rabble!!

Insert whitty comment her Automotive Encyclopaedia blacktop's Avatar

I don't see why this wouldn't fit a FWD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-4AGE-C...QQcmdZViewItem

SC14 7AGZE Grease Monkey

Thats a bottom mount (FWD) manifold meaning the turbo mounts on the bottom of it. Thats what he needs. A top mount (RWD) would leave the turbo very close to the hood.

The only problems he might run into is:
    A. Don't know where it will place the turbo so he might not be able to run A/C
    B. Again, dont know where it will place the turbo so you might have radiator clearance issues.

DIY Bloodline Domestic Engineer Talasas's Avatar

Looking at the pic of that cast manifold I think it's actually a top mount manifold. The location of the bolt holes on the flange and the position of the turbo lead me to think so because if it were flipped the turbo would foul the dizzy.
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move." -HHGG

SC14 7AGZE Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by blacktopspirit
    I don't see why this wouldn't fit a FWD

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TOYOTA-4AGE-C...QQcmdZViewItem
    Now thats the RWD manifold I was talking about. I guess you could use it, but I've only seen one top mount manifold on a FWD 4AGE and that was in an FX16 (AE82). It kinda looked doofy with how it sits everything. Given this manifold makes it way higher than the one you linked to, it still shows what Im saying. Here is a picture of what Im talking about:

I think that would make a mess of routing your pipes, etc. This is what you need:

But as you see he had to make a custom radiator to clear everything. Depending on the turbo position, you may or may not need to do that though.

Insert whitty comment her Automotive Encyclopaedia blacktop's Avatar

Couldn't you just get a set of extractors and modify to low mount the turbo out of the way of all AC and radiator gear?

Just cut the end off and weld a T25 flange on would cost about $80

Junior Member Grease Monkey _FNQ_rolla_'s Avatar

Well looking at the cast turbo manifold (even if it was top mounted it would suit my application as I am planning to run water to air intercooler, so straight out of the turbo to the IC then the intake manifold (so the piping should not be too much of a mess).

Now my next question, has anyone used this manifold and is there any modification needed as I still want to run my A/C and the power steering and still use the original radiator.

Just trying to find these things out before I spend the money and find out that they will not fit or if a hole is needed to close the bonnet (as this will be registered and will be driven on the roads) and that will not pass.

Thanks
    Gav