Thread: 74ROLLA can't access most of the site

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

Default 74ROLLA can't access most of the site

Hey,

Rob has been having a problem accessing most of the site for a week or two now, he just sent me a PM now:

Quote Originally Posted by 74ROLLA
    Gday Bardin,

Help!

I STILL cannot access most parts of this site.

I sent two PM's to Kirsty2520 but still no answer . . . .

Because I cannot access parts of this site, can you either put me in touch with someone who can help (I cannot post in the Membership and Feedback section either) or pass on this PM to somebody who may be able to fix up my account????

Sorry to bother you mate but I dont know what else to do as I am running out of ideas

Cheers

Rob
    If you read this Kirsty, or someone else who might be able to sort it, can you have a look please?

Thanks
    Bardin
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Default Re: 74ROLLA can't access most of the site

Did he change his email recently? If so, has he confirmed his email address? (i.e. clicked the link in the email he was sent?)

I had lots of issues when I changed my email, because I didnt get the confirmation email.
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

I like to pretend I'm a Domestic Engineer 74ROLLA's Avatar

After 4 to 5 weeks of trying to verify my email (never received the email to clarify and register the new address) I finally setup a new hotmail account and it finally worked.

I know the board is busy, but no replies in PMs for help in all this time was disappointing.

I now have an email address I dont want to use to access these forums, but if thats what I had to do, then thats what I did.

What the problem 'could' be is some ISP's interpreting the incoming confirmation email as spam and not being received? I changed to I-Primus and did not receive the confirmations, maybe this helps others in future problem email changes?
    Cheers
    ROB

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

After 4 to 5 weeks of trying to verify my email (never received the email to clarify and register the new address) I finally setup a new hotmail account and it finally worked.

I know the board is busy, but no replies in PMs for help in all this time was disappointing.

I now have an email address I dont want to use to access these forums, but if thats what I had to do, then thats what I did.

What the problem 'could' be is some ISP's interpreting the incoming confirmation email as spam and not being received? I changed to I-Primus and did not receive the confirmations, maybe this helps others in future problem email changes?
    Unfortunately toymods can't really predict what an ISP is going to filter and what they won't.. Best solution is don't use the email address that comes with your ISP, because then when you change, you have issues.. Get a gmail account, that way you can use it in outlook / thunderbird as you would normally, and isn't ghey like hotmail..

Now that your back i think its time for a group hug in the KE thread
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

I'm with you there mate. I eventually found out about the confirmation email thing when I went looking through another forum and just happened to stumble across it...
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

I like to pretend I'm a Domestic Engineer 74ROLLA's Avatar

Yeah, it is definately an ISP issue filtering the confirmation as spam.

Just happy I am back
    Cheers
    ROB

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

We're happy you're back too.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice alfie1's Avatar

I am no longer able to access any forums apart from Tech and conversions and cruises??? any ideas what has happened? I am unable to send pm's or start new threads either. Any help would be appreciated.

ALF

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Have you recently changed the email address in your CP?

If you have, then you need to click on the activation link in an email that has been sent to your new email address...
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...